LSU Presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

LSU Presser

[​IMG]

Coach tough loss to open the season vs. UNC quick recap of why you fell short.

WHo has stepped up and led this team on offense and defense in the two wins?

What is it going to take to go into Lincoln and come away with a victory vs. Big Red?

Jordan jefferson is only hitting 50% of his targets, is it drops or inaccuracy and what is he doing to get that number up?

Starting RB Ridley is only averaging 3.6 a pop with 0 TD's will there be a change?

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

We didn't prepare for that tough defense. Totally overlooked them. Didn't have a gameplan to follow on offense. We got into too many 3rd and longs and couldn't convert.

In the last win, Jordan Jefferson and Terrance Toliver. Both games, Russell Shepard has really started to show his abilities. On defense, both games I'd have to say go to the defensive line.

To win in Lincoln, we are going to have to follow our gameplan. Which is run the ball. Convert short 3rd downs. Play good defense.

I think it has been the defensive pressure that has brought his accuracy down. We are trying some things in practice that will hopefully increase his time and accuracy.

Yes, Ridley is going to be benched. He just isn't getting the job done. Richard Murphy and Michael Ford are being called upon to get the job done.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Great game plan against Florida, how'd you so easily dismantle the gators?

I have heard comments that you feel your team has turned the corner, what makes you feel that way?

How is recruiting going?

4. controllerabuser

After the touchdown Deonte Thompson put on us, I thought we were in for a long day. The guys didn't do like they did against North Carolina, which was put their heads down. They came right back and stuck in there. That is when I knew we had our mojo back! We played solid ball. The time of possession is 2:1. Stevan Ridley is what happened in that game. He brought the lumber. He did everything in that game. Dives, sweeps, and counters. You name it, he did it. The receivers did their job as well which is making plays. I think our defense played brilliant as well. Holding the Gators to 10 points is a big accomplishment in my book.

Those early losses. Simply put. The first game taught us to prepare better. We are no longer going to come in without a game plan. Horrible misjudgments by the coaching staff. Will never happen again. Our second loss taught us to always be on our toes. Anything can happen and it did. Now, we have gelled as a cohesive unit on both sides of the ball. Just feel like the team is put together to succeed. We have our running game going now. Stevan Ridley took that benching business personal. He came out and put a hurting on them Gator boys as if they stole something from him. The defense is playing lights out as well.

We started off well in the recruiting department. Losing 2 out of the 1st 4 games didn't help us at all. We lost a lot of good recruits to Florida & Texas. Seemed like every top guy we wanted was being pursued by them as well. Nabbing Jabari Brown and Eric Butler is a step in the right direction. We want to have a solid defense and they are going to help. We had to revamp the recruiting board based on our early mistakes in the recruiting game. We have learned a little more about recruiting so hopefully that will impact our commits a little more.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach you are playing for SEC supremacy, how does it feel to be back in the captain's seat in the west?

You were absent for the Bama game, do you have what it takes to rally the troops against the team of destiny Kentucky Wildcats?

National title hopes are gone with the 2 losses, has LSU taken back over the West, or will next year be a rebuilding year?

6. controllerabuser

Well, I don't know if it feels good to be honest. Becoming the king of the west in the SEC isn't our goal. It is to win the SEC and National Championship.

I think so. I believe that I would have done the unthinkable against Alabama. I have confidence in myself and team. This team isn't getting the credit it deserves. After losing 2 games early on in the season we have rebounded tremendously. People forget that we beat Florida in the swamp. Yes, I think we can beat Kentucky. It's all about who wants it more. We are ready for the Wildcats. This team is no slouch. We don't have just 1 one weapon on offense. It's a pick you poison type of team. Jefferson, Ridley, Murphy, Randle and Shepard will be there. The defense is ready for the task at hand as well. We have prepared our guys for what we think Kentucky will try to do.

I don't think next year will be a rebuilding year so to speak. I think being in this position where we are right now is mind-boggling to some. Jefferson will be a Senior next year. We'll have 4 good backs to choose from. Ridley is just now coming on. We'll lose Terrance but we have some depth at receiver so we won't lose a step in that department. We'll be great at both O-Line and D-Line. The linebackers and secondary look to be strong next year as well.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Congrats coach give us your thoughts on the game.

8. controllerabuser

We were pumped. We came out and executed as planned. Made the right plays when needed. Can't ask for anything more. Many doubted us as a team. They doubted my head coaching abilities but we proved them wrong tonight with the victory.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

This is the game of the week in a lot of people's eyes, is LSU ready to take on the king of the south west Texas?

A lot of recruits will have their eyes on this game, what have you been telling them?

This game will be a good guage of who you are this year, what do you look to take away from this game win or lose?

10. controllerabuser

I think we are ready. I feel this team is a lot tougher than last year but who knows. BYU isn't a good scale for us to judge how good we really are.

Just letting them know if they come LSU they will have a chance to compete. Year in, year out.

I don't think we can base our year off this game. I think if we lose, we can base our year off the next couple of games. If we win, it proves really nothing because we still have to go through the SEC.

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

How would you grade the play of your team so far this season?

Florida has two losses but only 1 in the SEC this is a must win for them, is there any pressure on your team regarding this game?

Florida's running game has taken a backseat to Brantley's arm does that play into your favor?

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach you came up a FG shhort against Florida, now you big the defneding SEC East champs, is this a make or break game for your season?

IS LSU in the hunt to get back to Atlanta or have those chances been erased?

You have the advantage on paper, what will it take to make it reality?

13. controllerabuser

I think last week was a make or break game. With 2 losses, the way Bama, Cuntucky and Florida are playing we might not make a BCS bowl. I think if we can pull the win out of our asses then maybe we will get some self-respect back.

I personally, think they have been erased. Users don't lose too many games. I don't see guys losing to the CPU!

Keep Nick at Knight on defense. Don't get too flashy. Don't make turnovers.

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]

What will a win mean to this team?

What is the focus for the rest of the season?

Has this team given up or do they have any fight left in them?

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

You will become bowl eligible this week, . . . right?

16. controllerabuser

A win would give these guys some confidence. Not a whole lot because we know we have a good team. We just haven't executed and performed to our best abilities.

The focus is to just give our best. The benching of JJ and the starting of Zach Lee says it all. We are getting ready for the future.

We have fight in us.. Just have to try our best!

17. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach NCAA policy says that you cannot talk about recruits by name, but I can, how will the signing of Cody Brewer impact LSU in the future, is he a guy that could contribute year one or will he have to redshirt?

A lot of buzz in the preseason about this team. Insiders said it was one of the toughest off seasons in years, some say you are the favorite in the WEST, what can we expect from these Tigers being able to see them in action?

18. controllerabuser

I love to run the ball. You can run the ball with anybody but if you have a special back you don't have to worry about certain things. Don't forget about :5stars: Alfred Ward who we signed last year. He redshirted but will definitely be in the picture next year. As for Brewer, he looks to have the makings of a punishing back. All around quality running skills who possesses a good work ethic. I would look for him to redshirt next year but watch out for him down the road.

We didn't take kindly to the bashing of our program after last year's horrible performance. We are out to prove people wrong this year. If we don't then so be it but we are going to give 110% and never give up.

I don't know if I would call us the favorite as it has went back and forth between Alabama and us. I do know that this is a different kind of Tiger. Zach Lee is coming into his own and that was the plan last year, get him some reps so he will be ready to lead this program back to greatness. Russell Shepard has also stepped up big time and took the role of a leader on offense as he has been our go to guy. The defense is going to be our determining factor as we will go as far as they can take us. The offense will definitely put points on the board, we just need the defense to help.

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Things are flying high in Baton Rogue. Zach Lee is he key, rate your Qb's play so far and tell us why he is so efeective.

Spencer Ware is the key to the offense and is able to keep opposing DC's to focus on Lee and Co. How has he played so far?

Who are your studs on defense and how have they impacted games?

Alabama has has the edge over the last few years, what can you do to shift the balance of power?

20. controllerabuser

I would give him a B+. His numbers are a little off because of the sim game with TAMU. I don't think he is doing as good as should be doing. The teams are playing a little tougher this year but the experience he gained last year has helped out immensely. He simply does what we ask of him and does not try to over exert himself.

Ware has played pretty good. He is much better in user games but holds his own against the CPU. That is exactly what he brings to the table. Because he can take over game, it opens up the field for us to take advantage of the defense. They can't key on anything. We run up the middle, to the outside, counter, PA pass along with a variety of different other pass plays.

I would say the front 7. Played great so far, which they should since they are rated so high.

Have to run the ball. Be conservative. Take what they give us and limit their chances at touchdowns.