LSU presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

LSU presser

[​IMG]

What a season you are having coach. Seems like that big win against Florida added more fuel to the fire you guys got burning. Can yo comment on your season so far to this point?

Seems like Jefferson and Tolliver are really on the same page. Let us know how that has helped your offensive scheme this year.

Is your defense underrated and who leads that unit?

You have two big games coming up against a unpredictable Tennessee team and of course the class of the SEC Alabama. Comment on what you need to do to win these games.

Tell us why Terrence Toliver deserves the Heisman Trophy.

2. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Coach, Jefferson is averaging 213yds per game, has tossed 15TDs and only 3 Ints, has a 77% completion percentage and is one of the finest athletes on any program, at any position.

Why isn't he getting serious consideration for the Heisman? Is that a chip he carries on his shoulder?

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

One word, shocking. I knew we had a good program coming into this season but did not expect for us to compete this well. After almost losing to a tough Mississippi State team, we came back fiercly against the #1 ranked team at that point. Our offense really clicked that game and now we look forward to traveling to UT & Bama in the next few weeks.

The Jefferson/Toliver duo has been on a tear as of lately. They worked together in the offseason that it hasn't suprised us. We look for Terrance on 3rd downs and key plays. Jordan has improved a lot this year and has managed to not turn the ball over.

The defense is definitely underrated. If you look at our defensive rankings, we are top 10 in most categories if not top 5. The leaders on defense are LB Kevin Minter and S Craig Loston. Minter anchors the tough defense and leads the team in tackles, I believe.

Both games will be tough. I think if we play the way I teach, we will come out of this still perfect. If we turn the ball over and make mistakes on defense we will definitely be tested. The SEC is tough, I believe it. When I took over the reigns, I said, "all I need is a defense!" That is what I inherited. Coach cimmy24 will bring it as we are hated rivals and coach ryty32 will be looking to make his claim as well.

Tell us why Terrence Toliver deserves the Heisman Trophy

He deserves the Heisman, point blank because he is the #1 reason we are winning. He leads the team in receptions, touchdowns and yards receiving. Nobody can stop him, in cpu & user games. Until they do, he needs to be considered, heavily.

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]

Well it's here coach. We heard the one game at a time nonsense but it's here. What are your thoughts going into the BAMA game?

If you lose, is there anything that can be salvaged for this season?

If you win and Florida wins, you play the Gators, if you win and the Gators lose you will play Georgia, who would you rather play again but this time with the SEC crown on the line?

5. controllerabuser

We will handle the Bama game just like any other game. Prepare and work hard all week during practice. Limit turnovers, play hard defense and run the ball. I expect it to come down to the last second. If we lose, at least we know we put our best efforts forth. Hats off to ryty if he can get the victory. Because he will have to earn it.

I am not going to create any bulletin board drama. I know the Gators are tough and are the only team to really put yards up on our defense. Georgia is tough as well but we haven't played them. I think I'll be happy to make it there.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]

Tough loss coach. What is the motivation for the rest of the season? What is your team's focus?

Coming from Oklahoma St., how does LSU compare as a program? Any similarities?

What does LSU have to do to catch Alabama or do you feel your program is already there?

7. controllerabuser

Our motivation for the rest of the year is to win out and hopefully get a major BCS bowl. Our focus is to play like we've been playing. Don't change a thing. We ran into a minor speedbump named turnovers. Nothing we could do really but learn from it. We also have to go back to running the ball. We have become so potent with our air attack we forgot where we came from. Run the ball and limit the opponents chances of scoring.

LSU is very different from Oklahoma State in the sense of recruiting. We can successfully land 4 & 5 stars easily where as at OK State we had to take our chances with the bottom of the 4 stars. The offensive power is different as well. Oklahoma State was mainly a pass heavy team. I think I forgot about that as a coach as I tried to change them half way through the season.

We are definitely right there with Alabama. 7 turnovers will hurt you. We will give them a challenge next year. I think we got a little too cocky.

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Congrats on the BCS Bowl bid. Great season with 1 loss. It must feel good to know that you are that close to playing for a National title. You go into this game knowing the opponent and coach very well from going head to head in the Big 12 South. IS this LSU team more equipped to compete and beat the Longhorns?

9. controllerabuser

I think so, I have a better offense and defense. Skip does some good recruiting so we'll see how things pan out.

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Do u wish u were a stud like that Kansas St coach?? lol

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Good start coach, talk about Sheppard and Castillo and how they have eased the transition from the Hefferson to Toliver era.

Must talk defense. Let us know who your leaders are and how this unit is playing thus far.

What will it take to run the guantlet and finally replace Bama in the SEC CG.?

12. controllerabuser

Good start coach, talk about Sheppard and Castillo and how they have eased the transition from the Hefferson to Toliver era.

They have allowed us to spread the defense out. Making it easier to run. I don't think they are as good as the previous combo but they are sure close. They give our team a chance to win every week which is what the case was last year.

Must talk defense. Let us know who your leaders are and how this unit is playing thus far.

Our leaders are the DE's. The LB's do a great job as well. Our defense is great but lost a key component in Craig Loston in week 1. Our defense totally clicked last week against a user team(Mississippi State). I don't know if the unit is better but they play together and well.

What will it take to run the guantlet and finally replace Bama in the SEC CG.?

Sticking to the game plan that I have stressed since day 1 of this off season. Play smart and not flashy. If we can do that, we will win the SEC championship and the National Title. Last year, we were up against Bama 17-3. We got a big pick and decided to go for ryty's throat. Well, we know how that turned out as we forced a turnover and let them back in the game.

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Tough loss coach, Why didn't the officials review that play at the end of the game?

What was Florida able to do well that allowed them to win this game?

That missed FG was huge at the end of the half he came up just short, did that play seem to turn the tide and really give florida some hope?

I know you got to move on so what's up next for the Tigers?

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

bumped . .

15. controllerabuser

My fault, I never saw this. It is days later, so I am not too fond of everything that happened.

Tough loss coach, Why didn't the officials review that play at the end of the game?

-I think that is a fault due to EA. I don't think an option for reviewing a play is available at the end of the game. It simply just ends. I don't think he made it even though you thought he did. I should have waited an extra second, I had 2 players moving towards the end zone. One of your defenders had just been blocked a foot away from me so I panicked.

What was Florida able to do well that allowed them to win this game?

-I think their whole mentality allowed them to win the game. Last year, in the opening plays, it seemed like they were playing to not lose. This year they were playing to win. I just couldn't come up with big plays. I had no run game either.

That missed FG was huge at the end of the half he came up just short, did that play seem to turn the tide and really give florida some hope?

-Yeah that turned the momentum and eventually the outcome.

I know you got to move on so what's up next for the Tigers?

-After barely surviving through our schedule up to now, we have a bye week and then play #1 Alabama. To say this is a big game, is an understatement. It is for all the marbles. We haven't been able to beat them in recent years and last year was a gut-wrenching loss. The ticket to Atlanta is through Bama. We will be ready. Hopefully, we can make it a game.

16. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

"Hopefully, we can make it a game."

Wow...love the coach speak. So, your expectations are just to "make it a game"? Kind of low expectations, don't you think? :D

17. controllerabuser

I think you know my expectations. I was just trying to sound polite.

18. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Tough loss Coach. When will LSU be able to get the big Alabama monkey off its back?

The Local Radio staions and Newspapers are blasting your decision to throw on that critical 4th down, any regrets?

Goals for the rest of the season?

19. controllerabuser

Tough loss Coach. When will LSU be able to get the big Alabama monkey off its back?

Hopefully, next year. I hate to say that. It made me throw up a bit in my mouth. Alabama is a good team with a great coach. Last year we got worked but this year with a lesser talented team we were able to stay in it till the last minute. I think we are one step away from winning the conference and perhaps National Title. A big time running back is what we need. Two commits this year and last year's bruiser should make up for what we are lacking.

The Local Radio staions and Newspapers are blasting your decision to throw on that critical 4th down, any regrets?

The last two offensive plays of the game play over in my head every practice. I don't know why we didn't run. We had some time left and were in the red zone. I panicked, and I take full responsibility.

Goals for the rest of the season?

Win out and hopefully land a major BCS bowl.

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

LSU has a very good looking roster. Athlon has your three groups off, def, st rated as A+ units. How do you feel about your team?

What do you have to do to get your star RB going? Or is this team going to rely more on the pass?

As SEC play nears everyone will point to the Florida and Alabama games. Is this the year you run the table and represent the West in Atlanta?

21. controllerabuser

At first glance I thought this year was going to be dreadful. On offense, we are pretty talented but their is no big playmaker. Nobody has established themself as a premier player. They might have had some brightspots but they haven't shined all the way. I think the theme of this year's team is unity. The whole team instead of a couple players might make the difference. The defense is ferocious led by Sophomore DT Trey Tyson who is just a monster of a man. The offense has really gelled since the OC turned to Don McGee. While McGee doesn't have the best of attributes across the board he does have the ability to lead.
    I don't know. Maybe we need to pass on first down. I tried everything. Running up the middle, to the outside and pretty much anything you could do. He has the ability to break tackles and is isn't too slow. He just has had bad games.

I hope so. We haven't managed to get over the hump against Alabama and lost a close game in Gainesville last year. I don't think we will beat either team this year. If we do, then it will be a great accomplishment.

22. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

HUUUUUUUUUUge win for the Tigers! Tell us about the big win against the Gators.

You have to beat Bama coach how is it looking this season?

Do you expect to see the Gators again or do you think you took the wind out of their sails?

23. controllerabuser

It was great. It was huge for the program. The Florida Gators are right at the top each and every year and to get a W against a top notch squad like that speaks for itself. We've been stressing all year about just executing and not trying to do it all on one play. Play good defense and force bad field position on the opposition. I think we did a good job against the Gators

I think most people thought this team wasn't good enough to compete with the top tier programs. I think it is do or die this year. We have to win against Alabama and Coach ryty. There is no excuse for if we lose. We'll snap the chin straps up and lace the cleats and give 110%. However, my job is on the line.

I don't know. I think they have the squad to beat Georgia but UGA is on a roll . Who would have thought climmy would have done wonders in the SEC! -INSIDE JOKE

24. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Huge comeback win vs rival Auburn. THoughts . . .

Now that you've arrived at BAMA week, anything new you will practice to give the Tide a new wrinkle to worry about?

After giving up over 30 to Auburn, is your defense up to the task to stop the three headed monster of Richardson, Kelly and Alexander?

The West is on the line any message for th LSU faithful?

25. controllerabuser

It was a trap game. It was a rivalry game. I believe last year they beat us. The rivalry game play is much tougher than usual games so we'll take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure much could be taken for tape on that game but we aren't worrying about it. Another day, another dollar. I felt like nothing clicked in the game for us offensively or defensively but when we needed that big play the most, our guys were there.

I've got some tricks up my sleeve that will be unleashed this week on the Tide. I don't know if it will work but we'll try.

I hope so, if not we are in for a long day at Bryant Denny. This defense isn't as good as years past but it works. We are now feeling the loss of our starting middle linebacker that went down in Week 1 but we have to move on.

We are going to give everything we got. The word of the year is still, "Execute". That's what we plan to do and if we accomplish that we should be standing pretty.