LSU recaps

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shadowofanubis66, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU recaps

Game 1: LSU beat vandy 13-10 in a game that feature offense you'd see from division III teams. Trindon holliday with 99 speed couldn't get outside against vandy and vandy's pass defense was a brick wall. I nearly closed otu the game in the fourth but the computer throws a lobbed bomb in the air which goes through my defenders hands, is tipped, and falls into the recievers hands for a 80 yard td pass.

2. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Week 2: UL Lafayette came into town and got spanked, 31-6. The change at running back really made a difference as the powerful HB charles scott really got going. The LSU defense pitched a shutout in this game (as i dont count the 2 55 yarders the cpu booted in) and the offense played at a higher level then last week.

3. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The offense caught it's stride again to an easy win over miss st. Bring on the user games please!

4. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU goes into Georgia's back yard and plays their best game of the season. The defensive linemen are the true heroes of this game, keeping all sorts of pressure on Georgia. This would be the determining factor in the win. Jefferson also remembered how to be a quarterback for 3 quarters of this game and led the LSU offense to 27 of the 34 points in the game.

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

No Highlights or pictures from a User game? You scored 34 points.....you got to have some nice plays on vid.

Damn.

6. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I dont know how to take video highlights, it always just takes a snapshot and even then i have no idea where that snapshot goes.

7. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Tim Tebow basically did what he wanted, i pressured him and he threw the perfect pass. Or he would break out and run like a 95 speed running back that broke tackles. On the last drive of the game, it went 16 plays 84 yards for florida with 7 3rd down conversions where tebow either just dove forward with a cheap animation or just broke the tackle.

The Florida defense was even more hilarious, every time i caught the ball it was dropped because of a hit on the receiver (no matter what the angle was). I had about 16 drops and lost my starting quarterback for the game and my starting running back for 3 weeks on a drive that was critical in the game. I lost the game 24-7 and i think once tebow leaves the cheapness of florida will leave with him.

8. Iron Mickey

16 Drops...Damn

Florida's Good. Tebow is Jesus

9. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

A week after playing jesus (ahem tim tebow), LSU is pissed and ready to go against miami. The first quarter is shaky as LSU's reciever continue the tradition of letting balls go through their hands for interceptions, but in the second half things start to really stabilize.

Charles Scott was injured (as with a few others) from last weeks fiasco with florida, so trindon holliday and k. williams took over for the running game. Holliday had about 200 yards on the ground and williams added another 100 for a strong effort on the ground. A big highlight was from williams (3rd stringer) stepping up bigtime.

[YOUTUBE]5_y2k-XT6fw[/YOUTUBE]

Later on in the half, on the v ery last play of the half miami tried a desperation heave. This is what happened...

[YOUTUBE]aOVsJ_Zrc5A[/YOUTUBE]

In the second half... LSU really kicked it into gear as the defense shut down miami completely and the offense continued it's ground assualt. ONTO next week!

10. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU played Auburn this week and continued their dominance with a 31-3 victory. The defensive schemes were lively and The offense did enough as holliday had another big day on the ground. Highlights from the game include this great run by QB jordan jefferson...

[YOUTUBE]e322AXDz3Ms[/YOUTUBE]

and a fantastic throw from jefferson to brandon lafell for a touchdown...

[YOUTUBE]rFFdO0u5moY[/YOUTUBE]

Onto next week we go...

11. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU faced Tulane at home this week and again continued an assault on the ground. Charles Scott had over a 100 yards before the half and LSU dominated this game from start to finish. Tulane never saw the field inside the lsu 40 in this one as the defense stood tall. 35-0 LSU was the final score.

Some highlights include a broken play that lead to a touchdown....
    [YOUTUBE]7EGQBRP2v7Y[/YOUTUBE]

And charles scott doing what he does best... a 17 yard break out run for a TD...
    [YOUTUBE]CSkfXDmIJCQ[/YOUTUBE]

12. Iron Mickey

Great highlights man. Damn you have a fast team.

13. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU went to Tennessee this weekend and it was really coming down in the form of snow! The game started great for LSU, 10-0 lead... and that's when the computer decided to make it even. My receivers stopped reaching out for open passes and dropped the ones they had. My punt returner fumbled the ball as well to make it a tie game 20-20 heading into the fourth. After a fourth quarter full of dropped 3rd down passes and a suddenly staunch tennessee run defense... it all came down to the last 4 seconds. Tenn was in position to take the winning field goal, they took it and ..... just missed wide right to send it to overtime. Where is the video you ask? Well Ea Sports tells me that "there is no replay for this play".... the biggest play of the game. Sweet.

So overtime happens... LSU stuffs Tenn again on their posession, they miss another FG and then we drive it down to the 5 for a winning FG. 23-20 LSU prevails in a game that should have never been close. Here is a sack of crompton by the defense.

[YOUTUBE]yw2KLv5ki50[/YOUTUBE]

14. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I had the super Computer show up on me also last week. 7 drops including 2 by Julio.
    I even had one of those man to man def, eyes in the back of the head, turn around and jump someone else's mans route int that happened alot in 09 but you don't see it much in 10.

oh and in 19 secs down 6, they complete 3 passes for 45 yds and throw a pass against cover 3 to a wr in the corner who got his hands on it. cb lets him get behind him, safety just sits there until i take control and hit the ball out the wr's hands in the end zone.

These games always end up great game, ESPN classic, which really means the cpu tried to do what it could to make you lose. The higher the score the harder they tried.

15. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

42-6 lsu beats la tech in a warmup to the ole miss showdown next week. No highlights will be added yet of this game... im saving all the excitement for next week.

16. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Well we went into oxford this week and as usual in human opponent games, i completely disapeared on offense and made horrific 3rd down defensive calls. Ole Miss did what they had to do and didn't make hardly any mistakes at all and won the game.

As for the offense, the coach was at a loss for words. The running game really suffered by two freakish option fumbles... one that was picked off actually for a td run. After that the defense was somehow just bulldozed on running plays... i guess i should have sure tackling on or something. There's not much to do at this point except end this disappointing season next week and play a meaningless bowl game at the end of the year. As for the struggles on offense, I'm still at a loss with this years version. Good game to ole miss.

17. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

GT vs LSU, the on-going saga

The score was 17-3 in favor of LSU in the 3rd while driving when the game cut out, so we tried matching the score up and the servers cut out again. We'll try and play again tomorrow, pretty frustrating but g-unit is a good sport about it (i think it's ea's terrible servers) and we'll try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.