LSU Stuns Florida/NCAA 10 sucks lol

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by HotRod, Jun 3, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    LSU Stuns Florida/NCAA 10 sucks lol

This was a crazy battle but definitely a disappointing loss. If you saw the box score you would think this game had a different outcome. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Defense

Held LSU's WRs/TEs to 33 yards receiving
    Held RB Marcel Rucker to 59 yards rushing
    LSU was 0-10 on 3rd down

Offense
    David Stewart throws for 493 yds passing
    Completed passes to 9 different players
    3 players over 100 receiving yards

Now for how this game was lost. LSU was seemingly running with a free path to the QB most plays. Half the time I was running for my life the other half of the time I had to make some risky throws. Nonetheless Stewart had a solid game considering the intense pressure he was facing all game. He went 32-43, 493 yds, 3 TD, 4 INT. I think 7 out of 10 of our 3rd downs he was sacked. One drive he was sacked 3 times in a row. In total we were 1-10 on 3rd down. Totally unlike our team. I wish you could see the final total for hurries because I'm sure it was in the 20's.

Defensively we played a great game. They didn't convert any 3rd downs. We held everyone not named Marcel Rucker to 58 yards. LSU scored on a quick pass to Rucker after motioning him wide, and I just didn't pay enough attention, the other time late in the game he connected on a screen pass for a TD which ended up being the deciding factor in the game. Rucker finished with 236 of their 287 yards on offense.

At the end of the game we almost made the ridiculous drive to tie it up with the highlight being a conversion of a 4th and 31 which was set up by the sequence of 3 consecutive sacks I mentioned earlier. We then got it to the 7 yard line with plenty of time. In hindsight I probably should have called a running play on 1st down but instead chose to pass. Threw to my TE who looked open but out of nowhere his CB runs like 5 yards to get the INT, lol. And that was all she wrote. Despite giving up the 493 yards passing, LSU was playing tough D, really made me think on my toes to get every one of those yards. I just hate losing like that! Hard to win a game when you QB is getting the snot knocked out of him.

GG Chucky, big win for the Tigers.

2. mgamcbro

mgamcbro Walk On

GG hotrod, man i looked at the stats and thought how the hell did i win that? your defense was tough, i actually didnt mean to motion the dude out the backfield i was giving him a hot route so it was an accident, your qb is sick! i had to put pressure on him cause he was picking me apart with time, i was shocked about the sack count and there could have been a few more but you slipped out of like 4, your o line was very high rated in pass protection, your center was the lowest rated, i will take it,and your TE was killing me, my SS is out for the year and i wanted him on the TE, but great game #1 on my classic list! good luck and i look forward to playing you in the future.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Crazy game..... Chucky has a way of hanging around. Even if you're up big early I mean he will not be blown out.

In our attempts to play this year they were coming right at my QB with no delay.... LSU has a REALLY good defense this year. They got a safety against me too... lol.

4. mgamcbro

mgamcbro Walk On

Helli the crazy part of my game with UF is that i got a safety and the score at the half was 12-10! the same score that we had against UGA! :eek:

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

haha... take that VASteelah..!!!

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Florida....overated!

7. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

DAMMIT!!
    Wish i had a gif for a reply

8. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

see you in 2011 HOTROD

[​IMG]

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    You will see me a lot in 2011, every season in fact. I'm going to be your nightmare!