LSU Tigers 2014 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

LSU Tigers 2014 Summaries

LSU Uphends TCU

[​IMG]

LSU started the 2014 season by dominateing respectable opponent TCU 49-3. LSU used its power running game and quick strike passing ability to overwhelm the Hornfrog D. LSU's D blanked its opposition for 3 qtrs while allowing only a FG in the other.

1st Qtr
    TCU's offense lookied pretty good on its opening drive, mixing up its playcalling and keeping the Tigers off balance. The drive ended with a missed FG and LSU's offense took over. After an efficient drive, RB C. Causey (10 car, 73 yds, 2TD's) would punch in a TD from 4yds out. After swapping punts TCU was moving the ball again. On the last play of the 1st qtr OLB H. Williams (7tak, 1ff) lays the wood to a TCU TE causing a fumble that P. Paterson would take 54 yds for the score.

2nd Qtr
    The 2nd Qtr is where the LSU offense put their foot on the gas. Causey would get his 2nd TD of the game on a 13yd run to put LSU up 21-0. Less Than a minute later, LSU's offense was back on the field. On its 1st play, QB D. McGee (8-13, 174yds, 2TD, 1INT) connects with WR S. Means (2rec, 116yds, 2TD) for a 54yd TD. After another decent TCU drive ends with a missed FG, LSU gets the ball back with 1.11 left in the half. Once again its McGee to Means for 6 on the first play. This time for 62yds (pictured below). LSU takes a 35-0 lead into half.
    [​IMG]

2nd Half
    In the 2nd half, LSU's 2nd string would get the nod and outscored TCU 14-3. Backup RB B. Henry was the focal point and produced 100yds and 1TD on 18 carries.

LSU moves to 1-0 (0-0) on the year with a bye week next week.

2. onaradio34

This taken from a now expelled student beat writer:

"Ever seen a Tiger rape a Tiger? You have now. Auburn's defensive line put on a clinic on how to rush a passer. Never in my life has any defensive line looked so superhuman. That was the most embarrasing game I have ever seen."

The former writer went on with some more hyperbole that wasnt that inaccurate. 9 sacks. I repeat 9 sacks...on nothing more than 5 step drops. LSU still had a chance after Auburn took the lead with 1:30 remaining but (of course) fumbled the kickoff.

On a serious note, i have never ever felt so damn helpless in a game as i did this one. Auburns dline was ungodly. they sacked me before i could finish 3 step drops. Would write a better summary but feal sick to my stomach.

3. onaradio34

LSU knocks off Georgia 38-20. More to come on this when I can actually get logged on to easportsworld for the highlights.
    Edit:well still can't get easports to log me on so no highlights but here we go...

LSU visited Sanford Stadium to take on the #13 ranked Georgia Bulldogs. With two stout defenses, the game looked to be one of field position and who would make the least mistakes.

1st Qtr
    Georgia opens the game on offense but is unable to sustain a drive. LSU takes over finds some success on the ground en route to the red zone. Once inside the 1yd line, RB Causey plunges in to put the Tigers on top 7-0. The crowd was silenced. Feeling the need to get some points, the Bulldogs put together a nice TD drive of their own by mixing up their play calling very nicely. RB Battle finishes off the drive with a 3yd TD run with 7 seconds remaining in the qtr.

2nd qtr
    LSU WR Means busts through the seams on the KO return before being caught from behind after a nice 65yd return. In some strange strategy, LSU goes 3 and out after 3 straight incompletions and settles for a 34yd FG by freshman Reid. A quick INT by LSU puts the Tigers back in business threatening to go up by two scores. UGA's defense came up big though with a pick of their own. A few first downs later UGA would tie the game again 10-10 on a beautiful 55yd FG that just squeaked over the crossbar. LSU came back to the bread and butter ground game and rode Causey to another TD. UGA tacks on a FG right before the half to make it 17-13 at intermission.

3rd Qtr
    LSU would own the 3rd with a nice long time consuming drive that ended with yet another Causey TD. UGA, feeling the need to make a play, forced a pass onto traffic that was picked and housed by Harmon. 31-13 at the end of the 3rd with LSU in control.

4th Qtr
    LSU and UGA would both put up seven as both teams seamed cool with just running out the clock.

POTG honors go to senior RB Causey for his 27car, 204yd, 3TD performance.
    LSU improves to 3-1 with a trip to the Swamp to face the #1 ranked Florida Gators and Coach sdid22 next week.

4. onaradio34

LSU Upsets Florida 57-55 in Triple OT

LSU's defense came out on fire in the first half forcing INT's and setting the offense up with short fields and on 2 occasions, taking the pick back for 6. OLB S. Lane got the D off to a good start with his Int TD on Florida's first pass attempt. LSU would hold either a 7 or 14 point lead for most of the first half. Florida would pull within a touchdown at 28-21 with :07 left in the first half.

The Gator D really stiffened up in the second half shutting LSU out in the 3rd and only allowing 7 in the 4th. Good news for LSU was Florida could only muster 14 points itself in the 2nd half leaving the game tied 35-35 at the end of regulation.

UF got the ball first and plunged the ball in from 1 yard out. LSU responded with it's own TD and then scored another TD to start 2nd overtime. Florida then responds to send us to a 3rd where no more xp kicks would be allowed. Florida scored quickly with a 25 yard TD pass but was thwarted on the 2 point conversion. LSU quickly hits it's TE on a post and is set up 1st and goal from the 5. Causey would eventually punch it in from the 1.

All game long LSU had utilized the Maryland I formation down near the end zone. So far, Florida had yet to completely neutralize it. Coach Onaradio34 decides to go to the well one more time with a double ISO right up the gut. 2pt conversion good...LSU wins a wild one.

POTG went once again to Causey (26car, 93yd, 4TDs).
    LSU moves to 4-1 with Army coming up next week.

5. onaradio34

LSU defeats Army 42-7. Blowout from the start as LSU puts up 35 in the 1st half and allows the 2nd string to coast to victory.

LSU is now 5-1 with Boston College up next.

6. onaradio34

LSU defeats BC 35-21. Another explosive 1st half propels LSU to to a 35-14 lead at the end of the half. Coach Onaradio34 puts in the 2nd string to finish the game.

WR Means had a big day with 6 rec, 181 yds, 4 td's as BC's secondary could not contain him.

LSU moves to 6-1 with Vandy next week.

7. onaradio34

LSU blanks Vandy 28-0.

Vandy could get nothing going offensively against LSU's D. LSU's offense, on the other hand, had no problems foe the most part opening up a 21-0 1st half lead. Coach Onaradio34 wanted another TD drive with the 1st teamers but after not scoring in the 3rd put in the backups. LSU ground out the clock to get the win.

LSUimproves to 7-1 with a date with Tulane to come next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.