LSU vs. Alabama

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Nov 5, 2011.

1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

It doesn't happen very often that 1 & 2 meet...so worthy of a post...

Who you picking?

2. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

Dont care, just want to watch the game and adjustments.

3. titangator

titangator Walk On

4. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I dont really care for either. It will be a low scoring game. Bama might have a issue throwing the ball.

5. titangator

titangator Walk On

I think Bama is very underrated throwing the ball actually, that seems to always be a question mark for them, year in and year out, and then when they get to the big games, they have no problem doing it... plus, Trent Richardson is the best player in college football..

6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

The goal of the LSU defense will be to stop the "So-called" best player in college football. Which means when there are 8 and 9 guys in the box Bama will have to pass. Thats all I am saying.

7. titangator

titangator Walk On

I agree that will be the goal of the LSU defense, but I still dont think they will stop him, they will slow him down I am sure but dont think they will stop him, still think he will run for 75+ yards and a td.. JMO and everyone is entitled to their own, I think Bama wins by about 10 or so...

Also on a side note, I know it doesn't matter, but found it interesting, Trey Burton, one of Florida's players, after we played them back to back weeks.. said Alabama's defense is way better than LSU's, bigger, stronger, tougher, just better.

8. Shnoogans10

Shnoogans10 Walk On

Hmm...I think LSU is going to take this one, I don't really know why, but I feel bama is more hyped just cuz they won a NC more recently

9. titangator

titangator Walk On

I will say this, if LSU does win, I feel it will be off some crazy play call by Les Miles that he is known for, that your like what in the hell was he, omg it worked? Lol.

10. Shnoogans10

Shnoogans10 Walk On

I could definitely see that, I also feel that LSU is gonna get a lot of turnovers as well...not to mention I bet on LSU to beat the spread so...

11. titangator

titangator Walk On

haha and I bet on Alabama to cover the spread, what did you get it at? I got it at 4.5

12. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Picking LSU, mainly based on them beating Oregon early in the season...although Oregon is not as strong as last year...

Stats wise...Alabama looks stronger....not sure their schedule to date has been as tough as LSU's..

Also when you are #1 and on the road...you know that you have to be at your highest level....

The good news is that UW/Oregon comes on later......so won't have to listen to the biased announcers who are being paid by the SEC...game in, game out....they have lost their objectivity...kind of like when Norte Dame is on every Sat...regardless of how bad they are

SEC is a great conference, no doubt....but would like the announcers to be more objective....

Go Dawgs!

13. titangator

titangator Walk On

Cant help it we are the best conference in the country :) lol

14. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

No question...based on National Champs in recent years.....I'm a very objective football fan....long time UW/PAC 12 fan...being from the west coast...

Just think that the media needs to be more objective at times....all the hype soon is perceived as the truth