Lubes 2014 Playoff Watch & Analysis (Week 15)

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by LtJustice, Jan 9, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

With all this great content coming from the 12th Man lately, I have been inspired to do a piece looking at the upcoming playoffs as we embark on week 15.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG] Playoff Picture

2014 Week 15

Current Playoff Leaders

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Without a single division decided yet, the last three weeks are sure to produce a lot of excitement from these AFC teams all trying to jockey for position in the postseason.

The Patriots, Ravens, and Colts all come into Week 15 tied for the best record in the AFC. The Colts, having lost head to head against both the Ravens and Patriots, lose the tiebreaker and fall to the 3rd seed. The Patriots and Ravens do not play head to head this season, and currently both sit with at 6-4 in games against AFC opponents. The Patriots currently hold the edge over the Ravens in games against common opponents, so they would get the #1 seed as it stands right now. The Broncos round out the division leaders and hold a 2 game lead in the AFC West, with only 3 games left to play.

The Jets and Titans currently sit with a one game lead for the Wild Cards spots, but the Browns, Bengals, and Dolphins are breathing down their necks. The Texans, Steelers, Chiefs, and Raiders would all need a lot of things to fall their way for any one of them to make it to the playoffs, but stranger things have happened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG] Playoff Picture

2014 Week 15

Current Playoff Leaders

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Green Bay Packers have been the story of the 12th Man this season as they have run away with the NFC North Championship en-route to a 13-0 record. While they haven't officially clinched the #1 seed and home field advantage throughout the playoffs, it appears to be a mere formality at this point.

The 2 team race in the NFC South has been another big story to come out of the 12th Man this season, as both the New Orleans Saints and Carolina Panthers sit at 11-2 as each waits for the other to falter and fall behind. The Saints currently control their own destiny; as they would hold the tie breaker with a better record against NFC opponents, should both teams finish the season tied. Both teams are a lock for the playoffs, as one appears headed towards the #2 seed in the NFC and the other will claim a Wild Card spot.

The Cardinals need one more win to secure the NFC West Championship and the Eagles have clinched the NFC East. A head to head victory for the Cardinals in week 6, against the Eagles, give the Cardinals the better seeding for the playoffs.

With only one more Wild Card spot up for grabs, the Bears are currently leading the race by just one game. The Lions, their NFC North rival, are hot on their heels and the 49ers and Seahawks aren't too far behind.

Though 4 of 6 playoffs spots have officially been claimed, the NFC is sure to see it's share of excitement as the division races in the South and West are anything but decided, and the last Wild Card spot is still up for grabs.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 8
  2. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Good stuff man!

• Like Like x 2
  3. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

If any of you can please beat my division opponents:) it would be greatly appreciated so I can make it to the tournament. Cuz it seems my Bears choke everytime vs my division on must wins lol. Thank You!!! :))

• Like Like x 2