LV 12 Begins | Week 1 Game Summaries, S1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by IrishBearcat, Jul 23, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Post em up.

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UTEP 41 SJSU 14

In coach Mastin's UTEP debut he blew out SJSU 41-14. Many fans surprised at this new coach who just started coming up with a huge win. "Without a doubt our best players are Joe Baynard and Travaun Nixon" coach said. Joe Baynard had an insane game rushing for 204 yards and 3 touchdowns and Travun Nixon getting an interception and 2+ tackles. Coach Mastin gave his team a nice speech to congratulate on how his team played. "Don't let it get to your head we have 11 more games to play some may be a lot more challenging than this San Jose State team you just played, you all have SMU next week play them tough and make good plays and we will come away with a win." Next week is SMU a very tough game

3. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Finally week 1, its so great to be starting.

MSU 13 Memphis 17

MSU used their spread hurry up offense a lot during the game which hurt their chances of controlling the game. Memphis came out in a very balanced attack. Rhodes put together a solid day on the ground. The weather in this game was horrible, rainy and windy. I tried FGs but it was very difficult from 27 yards out or more. LB Furr came up big with an INT late in the game to help Memphis sneak past MSU.​

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

What's not to love about taking 12 sacks and throwing 7 interceptions?

Martinez looks like a stud but couldn't even make it out of the first quarter.
    I did a great job spreading the ball around on offense - 6 players between 30-60 yards
    Defensively I played a great 2nd half. Other then 2 random bomb tds, they got nothing.
    My run d was stout all game, giving up 1.8 ypc to their hb
    Vinny curry played well, recorded a sack

Felt like I had to make a lot of user plays defensively
    A few badly burned deep plays
    Multiple easy dropped ints

Big rival game on the road to open the year is never easy and with my hb knocked out early it knocked some of the wind out of our sails. At 67 ovr, aj Graham is a very shaky qb to lead the team. The oline isn't as bad as they played this game, things will get better

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Well that was ridiculous. I've never felt so helpless in a game. And the first one was actually bearable. It was 7-7 with 5:33 or something left and then my box froze. The second game wasn't even close. Texas A&M just decided they were gonna do whatever including beating me 5+ times on 3rd and 15+. I could do nothing. I feel like we oughta find a better slider set or drop to AA. Because i was unable to do anything. I also lost my QB for the game, DE for 7 weeks, and someone else for 4 weeks.

6. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Houston 23
    UCLA 51

Not much to say here, besides UCLA dominated in all facets of the ball game. Case Keenum threw an interception on the opening drive and the Cougars soon found themselves down 0-14 very quickly. Houston added 2 garbage touchdowns in the 4th quarter. The bye week next week is much needed.

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Hmm Noff started off well with that lowly Memphis team lol

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

UCF 34
    Ball St. 24

Well, obviously this Heisman is difficult and I was lucky enough to play an easy game in week 1 vs. Ball St. Offense was difficult but got better as the game went on. Ball St. led 14-3 at half time and led 24-10 late in the 3rd quarter. The defense stepped up and forced 3 turnovers in the 2nd half and were successful on offense to take a more comfortable 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Special teams stepped in with a kick return TD which really helped get the UCF fans and players back into the game.

Jeff Godfrey (QB)- 9-21 for 121 yards, TD, 9 carries for 10 yards, TD
    Brynn Harvey (HB)- 19 carries for 72 yards
    Latavious Murray (HB)- 9 carries for 30 yards
    Khymest Williams (WR)- 3 receptions for 46 yards, TD
    Quincy McDuffie (WR)- 3 receptions for 39 yards, KR TD
    Josh Linam (MLB)- 8 tackles, sack
    Troy Davis (DE)- 3 tackles, 2 TFL, sack, FF, FR
    Kemal Ishmael (FS)- 3 tackles, INT

9. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

whoever was the roster creator, Memphis got an added bonus at QB which helped out big time.

Also, I think you noticed much progress with my Memphis team the second time we played compared to the first time.

10. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

glad to see people losing to the CPU. I am not looking forward to my wk 2 game against Florida...

11. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

its amazing. only two games left. people are cranking out their games today.

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Lol, true I ran the ball more than I usually did that game

13. DMan22

DMan22 Walk On

Ended up cruising in my game against La Tech 45-10, but the results didn't save so I had to SIM and the final ended up as 38-20. The following is a synopsis of the game I played. Threw for over 300+ yds and had 3 TD's over 50 yds to spark an offensive explosion. The D was the real story of the day, as they allowed a TD in the last minute of the game, and had 5 sacks on the day along with 3 INT's. Special teams was also superb on the day, as backup RB Tracey Lampley had a 85 yd KO return down to LaTech's 10, and then proceeded to take a FG return 104 yds to the hizzie!

The win starts out Coach DMan's career at USM on the right foot, and the Golden Eagles hope to carry that momentum into the start of conference play next week against Coach Oshio's Marshall squad. Although the Thundering Herd had a tough outing in week one, Coach DMan knows that next week will be a slugfest based on the past battles that these two new HC's have had as coordinators at SDSU and Utah, respectively.

14. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

This defense ain't no joke, herd will be ready!

(I'm still transitioning on O)

15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Offense is a pain in the ass.

16. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Got crushed by Texas 41-7. The Longhorns scored on the first play of the game on an 80 yard run by Johnson. Down 14-0 early, Rice caught a break when Gains made an interception inside the Texas 20, leading to a quick Rice TD to cut the lead to 14-7 and take away the momentum. Down by just 10 with under a minute to go in the first half the Owls looked to be in good shape but Texas's Gilbert burnt the D for a 49 yard TD pass with 20 seconds remaining to go into half with a 24-7 lead. On the first play of the 3rd, Texas came up with a pick 6 and it was just about over at that point. My offense got shut down all game long.

17. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Okla 58
    Tul 13

Not very much to say here, OU dominated Tulsa in every facet of the game, the athletisism of the Sooners was too much for Tulsa to handle! Led by their Heisman candidates QB Landry Jones and WR Ryan Broyles, the Sooner offense was unstoppable. Jones passed for 448 yrds and 5 td's on 20 of 26 attemps, and Broyles pulled in 8 recs for 206 yrds and 2 td's, RB Jonathan Miller also added 131 yds an 2 td's on 18 carries. Tulsa turned over the ball 4 times, 3 of which were ints thrown by Sr quarterback GJ Kinne. "We just let the OU tradition and pagentry, impress us too much and I think we got lost in the moment" said first year Head Coach Ray Davis. The Hurricanes will need to snap out of it when the Canes' roll into the Big Easy for a match up with the talented Tulane Green Wave, the Hurricanes have dubbed this contest "Katrina pt. 2". Now let's just hope they can back up their bold talk.