LV Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jun 28, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Downloading now - let's get some impressions, complaints, celebrations, etc. etc. posted

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

HELL OF A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to take sometime getting used to having to manually tackle the opponent. But running out of the shotgun seems doable now than in '11..zone defense has improved greatly I find it more difficult to pass in that game than run now. The defensive line interactions with the offensive line is pretty neat and it's a lot harder to get pressure on the QB. It's a HELL OF A GREAT DEMO this game oh man..

• Like Like x 1
  3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

This is probably the best Birthday Present. Just woke up and it's downloading now. Cannot wait to play this.

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well happy birthday to you!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Demo impressions: Overall I liked it but of course there were a few things I thought needed changing and most will probably be tweaked a little.
    -Running out of the shotguns is still next to impossible.
    -Passing seemed easier than last year if you have time to throw
    -Running was good, seems like speed HB's will have more success in the game
    -I had 2 kickoff return w/ Oregon
    -blocking kicks now seems too easy. I didn't block any but came very close 3 times
    -Stopping the CPU run is very difficult because blitzing LB's always stay in their holes. If an LB is supposed to blitz up the middle and it's a toss play he'll still go up the middle
    -Screen plays were way to effective. I probably averaged 20 yards on HB and WR middle screens.

In my 2 games I lost 35-24 as Oregon on Heisman. Yeah 35-24 was pretty high scoring but 3 non-offensive TD's and no-huddle. And as FSU on All-American I won 17-7 with Alabama's only score on fumble return TD.

6. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Played 2 games on AA. Won 7-0 with Bama and 21-16 with Oregon.
    Without suction tackles the runningbacks can bounce off defenders that are being blocked and break off long runs.
    Love the new grass and some of the presentation additions.

7. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

happy birthday Wildcat! only 29 more % until I get my NCAA 12 fix on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mad Money Merk

Mad Money Merk aka The G.O.A.T

Played the demo and i'm eager to get my hands on the full version. Here is my summary:

1. Tackling is more realistic. You just can't rely on the CPU to makes tackles for you and you better be in position to make the tackle; otherwise, you will miss the RB will break a big one.
    2. The zone coverage is much better, which is going to create a challenge on passing downs. No more V and flat routes for those who liked them. You will earn every catch in this game. WRs seem to drop open passes as well.:(
    3. The running game is lot more fluid if you take your time. You can hit holes without worrying about those old suction tackles.
    4. Those NANO or glitch plays guys love don't seem to work now. I was in the lobby with a guy who was trying to utilize the same old NANO stuff he had before and it didn't work.(y)

DISLIKES

1. The new presentations is not what i expected. Yeah, you got a few animals on the field, but for the most part its the same ole stuff.
    2. Commentary is the same old stuff. Nothing changed here.:rolleyes:

Overall, I think the game is going to be a BLAST. Can't wait to see how the coaching carousel plays out in online dynasties.

9. a Robbed Lung

I'm loving this demo the more and more I play. I've played with all 4 teams so far, and I think Florida State has been my favorite so far.

10. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Oregon! You can actually run out of the shotgun without a problem now life is going to be great once the full version comes out!

11. a Robbed Lung

I'm also loving the running game. It's a lot better without the suction tackling!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

My favorite part running in space. You can cut and make moves which is what I love. Nice to see the spin move animation doesn't work nearly as well. That was the go to move for everyone since I can remember (NCAA05). Of course I saw a lot of things that need to be changed but I said that last year. Overall I'm much more happy with the 12 Demo than the 11 Demo. Although this one came out 2 weeks later.

13. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

The thing that impresses me the most is when like you make a big run in space the crowd gets louder and louder but when the away team does that the crowd is silent

14. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Only 4 more days until I try out the demo!

15. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

So far so good! We can actually be effective rushing 4 and playing zone, lol sooooooo glad my internet issues on lasted 1 day!

16. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Happy Birthday
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

finally getting some time to play the demo and experience it today. so far...

to me, the pregame has always been excessive. the crowd shots are usually dumb. I do try to watch most of the main schools entries once but then i will always skip them. my favorite thing by far in the pregame of this FSU/bama game is watching bama stretch. dont really know why but it looked awesome and its real. I like the player to player interactions but the cheerleaders/fans is lame to me

now... im playing the game! (updates throughout)

i love how you come out after half and it plays highlights in the background

you can finally run sweeps because the corners are more accurate tacklers
    punt returning seems funner.

I feel the way i play defense is perfect for this new game. I tend to strip tackle or lung already and this is the way to do it in the new game. I just worry ill have to reconfigure my playcalling with the better zones, I may be better off playing as a linebacker

the new tackling sets up some awesome exciting collisions. love when a player stops the momentum and anther guy comes in hard and drills him

2nd game got a glitch of the never ending 3rd quarter. been about 5 possessions so far with the clock at 0:00

I like how the opposing QB moves around in the pocket

I kinda feel kick returns may be too easy. but its still fun and realistic. maybe m just getting lucky