LV for NCAA '12 | # of Conferences

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, May 13, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

1 or 2?

@Oshiomogho
    @fuzzyl0gic
    @UofCWildcat
    @BakerWildcat7
    @DMan22
    @-Cougars-

Right now we have 1 conference of 8 members, who play 7 user games per season. We could setup 2 conferences with 12 members, 6 in each. That would be 5 usuer games, and we could schedule 2 user OOC games for everyone. Might be cool to have multiple conference champs.

On the other hand, we did try this before and the results were mixed. I'm not sure if we were as serious back then with unrefined rules, some members who weren't as committed, and the early NCAA '12 problems really dismantled the league. I like one conference setup as it makes every conference game meaningful and fun.

It also brings up another issue of us dismantling the past 2 ncaa seasons. We did Big East/Big10 for 2010, and when that broke down we did Big XII for the new year. For '11 similar results, all Pac-10 and it broke down. Then we did our current MWC setup.

As I said I think our league has changed for the better and is a lot more stable now located here at TSO. I love playing and don't need a break, but I know others do.

I think we need to decide # of conferences for next season. I don't wanna select WHICH conference(s) until late June/early July. I think we need to decide if we wanna take a break before NCAA '12 drops to recharge the batteries, as well as discuss implementing "breaks" or slowed advance paces for times that have really slowed down or ended our OD for a short time. It seems the actual start of football season/school, Christmas, and spring break are the 3 times that really slow shit down.

Personally, I'd like to crank out as much as we can with this current OD since we only started in January. With our 3 week season duration average, it looks like we have 3 seasons left, MAYBE 4 at the most. I'd like to crank out as much as possible, but I'd like others to chime in if they're getting burnt out. We don't have to move forward with everyone for the last 4 weeks before the game drops if people want a break. I'd like to implement a 60 hour advance max for perhaps the first 2 weeks/month of september, last 2 weeks of decemeber, and a "selected" spring break time to slow advance. I don't wanna slow things down, but I don't want others to lose interest or be forced to fall behind.

On the conferences, I'm really not sure. Two sounds good but it's failed twice. I'm not sure if third time's a charm.

2. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I def don't need to stop completely..... I think slowing down from time to time would lead to guys losing interest. And keepin one conference with 2 divisions would b awesome.... idk if there r any "weaker" conferences that have 2 divisions tho?

3. IrishBearcat

The Mac? lol

I'd like to hold off on conference discussions. Facets of the game not released yet may change who we want to pick, at least that's what @Shaun Mason has been hinting at for some time.

We'll definitely need to decide if we want to use a non-bcs/weaker conference again. It'll be interesting.

4. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Lol my bad, just psyched about this group that we have and 12 ain't coming fast enough lol....

5. IrishBearcat

No worries man. I mean I guess it can be discussed, but nothing will be set in stone and no picks will be made till 2 weeks or so left till release when we have all the info at our disposal.

6. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Fair enough, I'll shut up and let the other guys chime in lol

7. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

I would say just use one. Not knowing much about the upcoming game, many conferences now will have a conference championship (ones that we have used in the past). I think it would be better having one conference.

For example (this is just an example only). Using the Big Ten (a lot of recruiting takes places in the Midwest), so not only would each conference game mean something and be important, recruiting would also bring on battles, similar to the ones that we have in the MWC. I would just think it would be fun to have one conference that has a championship game in that conference. Look at the past few seasons of the MWC. He had several teams with similar records finish the season but the one team (Air Force LOL) had the tie-breaker. One conference w/championship game would eliminate this and give all the bragging rights to the team that wins that Championship game.

8. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

In addition to my post, with conferences that have a championship game we may not play everyone on a given year which may be drawback but at the sometime it could help us keep on pace of completing 14-16 seasons for that given year of the NCAA game.

9. IrishBearcat

This is a true, but a little schedule variation isn't a bad thing in one conference. Assume we'll be adding 3 more members to fill up for a full 12 for '12. I think a conference champ game would be a good idea as well. I'm less concerned about SUPER FAST SPEED next year since we'll be starting from square one in July as opposed to January. Usually after a while the CPU games become pretty close to never becoming challenging. Being worse teams in a non-bcs conference definitely has prolonged this process for many users though, which is definitely a good thing.

Same as above, not as concerned about speed.

Another another note, I think draft order will be worst overall record will pick first, all the way up to best overall record (noff) picking last. Seems to be the fairest way to draft.

10. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

I better start losing games then! to get somewhere in the middle....

11. IrishBearcat

Washington State, Indiana, Duke, Iowa State, Syracuse, & Vanderbilt are on the horizon for you sir! :D

I should be right down there with you though, I've been doing pretty well myself.

12. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

I would take Indiana or Syracuse in a heart beat.... have u seen IU spring game.. Give them some time but they may turn some heads in a few years.

13. IrishBearcat

We'll send out a memo to make sure everyone takes any teams with fast qbs ;)

haha on serious note it'll be interesting as always.

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I won't lie, doing either the Pac-12 or Big Ten would be epic since they have new conferences. But as above sticking with one conference is probably the best situation. CPU games are "cool" and definitely become must wins, but the competitiveness of a user game has no equal.

15. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I think it would be best to stick with one, learning from past failures. :cool:

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I say stick with one. We always find a lot more user games better than the boring computer games. And then I wouldn't mind rolling with the Big Ten conference.