Archived LV Initial Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by LSUTRUTH, Jul 4, 2012.

1. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I figured with the game being early released on Friday due to Ea Sports pass now was a good time to drop my initial thoughts on the top 12 players in the LG. Of course this is just a guess as everyone plays each game differently. I will do another one in the middle of the year then again at then end. Then we can see how close this really way.

Coming in at number 12​
    [​IMG]
    Coach bawvu97 Brings a tough rushing attack and solid defense to LV however he is Maryland this was a tough choice to get us started however the Talent drop off from the other schools to Maryland is huge. There are a few bright spots as Maryland brought in their best recruiting class in years in this past season. Only time will tell. ​
    Trend: Everything is up from the bottom​
    Number 11​
    [​IMG]
    Coach The Parrothead is new to LV. However his talent level at NCSU is just a hair above the talent at Maryland. Without me knowing much about the Parrot I can say that I see this as the team rising the most and the quickest throughout the first season as they have talent just not the prestige.​
    Trend: With only one below trend has to be headed in the up direction​
    Number 10​
    [​IMG]
    Coach iBleedOrange247 is a very talented coach. However he picked a rebuild job in Lubbock. Tech offers the instant recruiting of Texas as well as a team with a returning QB. This might be too low for the Red Raiders as IBO builds but for now they sit at 10.​
    Trend: Idling along until season picks up.​
    Number 9​
    [​IMG]
    Coach Bl0ndeRedHead has a solid base here at UNC however NCAA sanctions could cause the Tar Heels to slip making making Coach BBH job much harder than originally planned. Only time will tell how the Tar Heels are truly affected​
    Trend: Could be a short fall to the bottom​
    Number 8 ​
    [​IMG]
    Coach BakerWildcat7 takes over for KSU after Snyder retired earlier this season. While KSU has a great deal of current talent the younger playmakers are lacking on this veteran team. BW will have to find some impact young bucks right away for KSU to continue its recent trend of success.​
    Trend: Where will the Slide end?​
    Number 7​
    [​IMG]
    Will Coach -Cougars- keep the triple option or will he bring is high flying offense from UCLA with him. Only time will tell. GT is set up to run the triple option this first season with 3 very athletic QB's and and abundance of RB stashed away. A complete change in system could throw the Yellowjackets back a ways.​
    Trend: Holding Firm. Could slip with scheme change​
    Number 6​
    [​IMG]
    Coach LSUTRUTH brings in his spread option attack from BCS Blowup and TCU. Truth will be established at every position except QB where Freshman Wes Lunt will be the starter for the Cowboys. He has been hinting that the Boys could be a triple option team to take the heat off of Lunt. Should be interesting lots of pressure on the freshman.​
    Trend: Rising as Lunt continues to impress OSU coaches everyday. Doesnt matter until real players and hits start happening though​
    Number 5​
    [​IMG]
    Coach Will Atkinson brings a certain attitude with him to FSU. I fully expect the Seminoles possibly the LGs most talented team this season to compete to the best of their ability under him. Should be interesting after Manuel leaves next season however FSU is loaded with young talented players. ​
    Trend: The time is now for FSU to win. Manuel is a SR and Trickett was uninspiring last season. Look for a big leap. ​
    Number 4​
    [​IMG]
    Coach Hokie Effect will continue Beamer ball at VT. They will play great defense and put together long drives on offense and of course be great on special teams. That being said VT sits here at number 4 due to the pure fact that the next 4 teams have more talent and higher prestige. Dont sleep on the Hookies at National Championship contenders.​
    Trend: Beamer ball always rises in the end.​
    Number 3​
    [​IMG]
    Coach IrishBearcat Will win at TCU no doubt about that. Having Texas as a pipeline is always great. TCU brings back Pachall who is a winner and underrated as an athlete. That being said TCU is now playing with the big boys. ​
    Trend: Look for TCU to have trouble competing every week. Down​
    Number 2​
    [​IMG]
    Coach UNo x Broncos will play a version of Beamer ball at Texas. Texas is its own brand of football. The rule the Texas area with thousands of kids growing up every year wanting to be LongHorns. Look for Texas football to be back on top this year. With only one team in the way.​
    Trend: Red River Showdown will determine the season for Texas.​
    Number 1​
    [​IMG]
    It was very tough putting an unknown at number 1 in the rankings however it is hard to argue with the best team in the conference. Coach BennettForce will just have to show up a majority of weeks here for OU as the talent Mr Landry Jones will show up at QB. Look for OU to be right on top where they have been. However with 3 teams from the Big 12 as the top 3 schools it could be a huge battle.​
    Trend: Its tough to be on top. The Target is squarely on your back. Red River Rivalry will be huge this season. Also games vs TCU and OSU. OU could fall and fall far. Stable​
    That does it for the preseason power rankings feel free to comment if you think im way off. I do reserve the right to say screw you LOL JK. I will admit this was a guess based more off teams than anything. For those who feel shunned prove me wrong and those other guys step your game up its LV time​

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Looks good and might be fairly accurate just based off of team ratings without knowing how good/bad everyone is.

On a side note since we are ACC/Big 12 league, how about a ACC vs Big 12 OOC challenge? Preseason 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, ect and then the next year matchups will be based on years previous performance. This could be for pure bragging rights or conference winner will get a recruiting bonus or something or losers will lose a scholly. Thoughts IrishBearcat or anyone?

• Like Like x 2
  3. LSUTRUTH

Sounds fun. I was just giving guys some stuff to read and talk about get the forum rolling

4. Hokie Effect

So if the schedules could work, it would look like this based off your poll.

1- OU vs VT
    2- Texas vs FSU
    3- TCU vs GT
    4- Ok St vs UNC
    5- K St vs NC St
    6- Texas Tech vs Mary

My prediction ACC- 4 to Big 12- 2 (y)

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

That could be a fun idea Hokie.

6. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Wonderful job on the power rankings LSUTRUTH - you did an outstanding job!

Big XII holding down the top 3 spots. :cool:

I really like the ACC v Big XII challenge. Perhaps we can make something to play for like an extra scholarship for the winning conference or something like that.

7. BennettForce

BennettForce Walk On

Awesome Job this stuff is what makes being in a active dynasty is all about, I love and hate the number 1 ranking years ago I would say that I may deserve that but now my time on the sticks is and looks to continue to be way down. Still fun and I really appreciate your hard work and great idea Hokie on the ACC vs Big XII challenge I was actually going to suggest in a few days a dynasty battle versus maybe a premier dynasty group. I remember doing these league battles back in the day on league daddy :)

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I love being the underdog, that's when I overachieve (just ask IrishBearcat )

• Like Like x 1
  9. IrishBearcat

True story. (y)

10. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Personally I think Bl0ndeRedHead will finish 2 or 1 i am right where i belong :) But damn i will look good in my new uni's and newly expanded stadium

• Like Like x 1
  11. LSUTRUTH

This was based more off team than anything. We have a lot of new guys who I have never played

12. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    No worries dude I like being last i cant do worse than last :)

13. Bl0ndeRedHead

Shit I don't know about top 2, I'm just aiming for a division title

14. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Why not try this. Maybe each conference gets together and selects a captain, and the captains draft the matches. Its just a thought and something different. IrishBearcat Hokie Effect

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  15. Hokie Effect

Kinda like the ultimate fighter where the coaches pick the fights, just alternate each pick....

Or maybe IB can just put the teams in a randomizer and reveal the matchups 1 day at a time. Create some suspense.

16. IrishBearcat

I would be stoked to get to play -Cougars- with our rivalry spanning over the previous two cycles.

Maybe we can stick to these or switch around a few matchups to make everyone happy. If we can't decide on something, maybe will start considering a draft to make it fair.

Does anyone have any objections or other preferences besides the matchups Hokie Effect selected above.

17. LSUTRUTH

That could be awesome.

I vote myself as Big 12 Captain and @-Cougars as the ACC captain.

:) assuming Ib doesnt want to captain the Big 12

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I will be down to continue the annual dominating of coach IrishBearcat :)

19. IrishBearcat

And another cycle of lying to yourself I see. ;)

20. IrishBearcat

Do you have a problem with the current matchups? If you had the first pick who would you want to play in the ACC?

21. LSUTRUTH

Would love to watch and listen to this game :)

• Like Like x 1
  22. LSUTRUTH

No issue with matchups would be fun to do. Maybe give an extra Scholarship to the winning side

23. IrishBearcat

I say we stick with Hokie's matchups for this season and then look into selecting "captains" for the following seasons. I think the conference champions from the previous season should be the captains. Thoughts?

24. LSUTRUTH

Or you and Cougars can lead each conference as the commish and a long standing member. Matchups arent hard to set and should be fun. Put an extra scholarship to the winning conference which sounds awesome

• Like Like x 1
  25. Bl0ndeRedHead

Fuck I don't give a shit I just wanna kick someone's ass