LV12 | 1 or 2 "Major League" Conferences?

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jun 23, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Now that we've decided to go with coaching carousel, I think it's pretty apparent the best strategy will be the "major/minor" league setup I was suggesting. This league enjoys USER GAMES so having it be a free for all would most likely have us end up all over the nation and essentially making it an offline dynasty with a rare user game here and there. We want to avoid this, so the major/minor setup makes sense by restricting which conference(s) we can jump ship for.

We will vote on an initial "minor/starting" conference soon. Before we can do that, we have to decide if we want to only have 1 "major/future job" conference or 2. If we vote one, I think we are fine with 9 members and don't need to add any new ones for '12. If we decide 2, I think it would make a lot of sense to add 3 more members and get us stacked up to a full dozen. In this setup, we'd probably select two "major" conferences and restrict a max of 6 users per conference. Eventually we'd have 6 in each of the 2 major conferences, and then have 2 user OOC games a year. That would have everyone playing 7 user games, possibly more if we edit the bowl tie-ins (since it was added).

Please reply, and specifically cite "option 1" or "option 2" cough.oshio.cough

OPTION ONE
    We would vote for ONE major conference. We would all start in 1 the same minor league conference, and could only leave for jobs in the selected conference. We would stick with just the 9 members we currently have. Not having 12 makes sense so if you're one of the last guys stuck in the "minor leagues" you aren't only waiting for one job. If we have 9 members in and select a major league (most likely with 12 teams) even the last minor league user will still have 4 possible job offers he can leave for.

OPTION TWO
    We would vote for TWO major conferences. We would all start in the same minor league conference, and could only leave for jobs in either of the two selected major league conferences. There would be a maximum of 6 users per conference. We would add 3 more members to get the league to a full dozen. Even if you were the very last member in the "minor" conference you would have 7 job offers with you only being able to go to the conference where 5 members are, thus, 7 teams remain as CPU. Bowl tie ins would be edited as well for some interesting rivalries.

Please post your opinion. This poll will stay open until one side gets at least 5 votes.

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I vote for the second Option One.cough.cough

I have a feeling option One is going to win...

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Option 1.

4. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Option 2 if we can get some guys who won't flake on us.....

5. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'm going with Option 2

7. IrishBearcat

You're going with the second option one? I'm confused lol

8. IrishBearcat

Obviously we would do a quality job to find quality members. Cougars and yourself didn't end up being so bad haha. I did my research!

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

OPTION ONE
    We would vote for ONE major conference.

OPTION ONE
    We would vote for TWO major conferences. [/quote]

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I guess I suck. :( lol

11. IrishBearcat

[/quote]

Still confused. Are you picking option one or option two?

12. IrishBearcat

You don't count, I knew you prior :p I'd say you're a good get so far! 3/3 for the commish leggo

13. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Option 2, Option 1 is listed twice. Second one is also called "Option 1"

14. IrishBearcat

Option 1 - 1 vote
    Option 2 - 3 votes
    * I'm not even sure which option I like best. I'll only vote if I need to with a 4/4 tie.

15. IrishBearcat

*facepalm* now I understand. lol

16. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

Noffke selects OPTION ONE via text message. He's had a power outage since yesterday.

17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Where does he live?

18. IrishBearcat

Michigan, puke!

19. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Lmao, nothing good is going to happen for their football season this year can't wait to see the downfall

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'll make it fun. Option one because the two conference set up alone splits us up pretty far. With two other conference plus our minor one, that'd be three conferences.

21. DMan22

DMan22 Walk On

Option 2 for me! I think this would give more possiblities for users and like has been stated, the last user to get offered would most likely have a very limited choice of schools to go to

22. IrishBearcat

Option 1 - 3 Votes
    Option 2 - 4 votes

Just Oshio and I left. I'll see what he wants. If he makes it a tie, I'll decide :)

23. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

OPTION...
    [​IMG]

with us having the possibility to not be in the same conference to begin with, its hard to say we need to all move up to the same conference. I seriously think it could be 3-6 years before we start getting offers and its not like all schools change their coaches so some of them will not get replaced and not be available. we may find out coaching carousel is dumb and all move up after 2 years. then i think its a fail. we could make a rule that you have to stay with a program a minimum years but idk what its gonna be like. I may stick with my small school as long as I can unless a life changing offer comes.

24. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Cool, so what's next, conference selection?

25. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Lmao I try to not be the laziest bum in the room....