LV12 | To ride, or not to ride the Carousel?

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jun 21, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]

This will be the first question that we have to address. Will we be doing a CC or not? Many of you are wondering specifics about HOW we'd use Coaching Carousel. I'd assume the following scenarios:

OPTION ONE - NO COACHING CAROUSEL

In this scenario we would be sticking to our jobs from the start of launching LV NCAA '12. There would be no school hopping or anything like that. We would most likely go with 1 conference in this scenario and stick with it exactly like we did with LV '11. We would definitely take advantage and incorporate new features such as editable rivalries, neutral sites, bowl ties, editable football schedules, etc. It wouldn't be flashy or much different besides the small details listed above. We could go 2 conferences if we decide to expand to 12 members and have 6 in each conference and schedule annually 2 OOC user games. We tried this in '10 but we weren't at a full 12 member capacity which made for a lot of CPU games.

OPTION TWO - COACHING CAROUSEL

In this scenario we would most likely utilize the "minor/major" league setup I discussed in the earlier thread. I'm thinking we would roll with a DRAFT for picking the minor league team (smaller conference/non-BCS) based on winning percentage (worst goes first, best goes last). We'd then select 1 or 2 major league conference(s) (BCS) and we'd allow anyone to accept a job in that (those) conference(s). It'll definitely be an experiment as CC will be entirely new to us. I think this could be more fun, but there are definitely some risks and we'll be doing some learning on the go.

I want opinions from all 8 other members by Friday @noon EST. Thanks.

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I say no CC

3. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Yes on cc for me! The off the field story lines will help keep independent content interesting.... So many possibilities

• Like Like x 1
  4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I would like to pick no CC

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I want a CC.

6. IrishBearcat

2-2

I'll always be the tiebreaker, if it comes to that, as member #9.

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

A few questions with the CC format with major and minor conferences.
    Will users be able to stay at their starter school? I do like the idea of not doing a 1 major and 1 minor conference but the option to move to 2 major conferences since it will be tough for everybody to move up to a a limited number of schools. Another option would be everyone starting in the MAC and you can go to any school in a specific regional area (example: East of the Mississippi but north or Virginia, or west of the Rockies.)
    What would happen if someone were to be fired?
    I'm a little skeptical because I don't fully understand CC but I'm ready to roll if we do head that way.

8. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

that pic looks like my sig

that is all

9. IrishBearcat

Yes, if they wish. I will be flexible if we get to a point where we have 1 or 2 guys stuck in the "minors" and give them the opportunity to be added to the "major" even though they've unluckily (or by their poor on-the-field performance) add them to the major. If somebody gets an offer but chooses to pass I won't have sympathy for them. :)

This would be something decided if we choose carousel. We could say sucks for them and they have to work their way up, or perhaps we could re-add them to that school and let them continue.

I hear ya. I think it can work out and be MORE fun than not using it, but we would definitely have to do our homework and set good parameters and rules. The questions you ask above are something we would all have to discuss. I think if CC can be epic, but as stated the rules and parameters need to be really really well thought out.

10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I would like to try a CC. I'm worried about it being completely new, as there could be some kinks and bugs to work out, but I think it has a lot of potential.

11. DMan22

DMan22 Walk On

Put me down as for CC

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well damn no CC lost

13. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Yep, 5/9 for CC. Looks like it's the winner.

14. IrishBearcat

Don't worry guys we will do a very good job to make sure everyone is comfortable. Trust in the vote of the masses!

15. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Its gonna be awesomeness lol!