M15: War in the Trenches

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Shaun Mason, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

What button controls make Suh stomp people ?

• Like Like x 5
  3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Hold "X" for 2 seconds, followed by left, left-down, down + "X" again.

It's practically a finishing move.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    FATALITY!

• Like Like x 1
  5. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

This is either going to be really cool, or really stupid.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Looks pretty nice. I'm just excited to see people actually playing with d-line men again. Hopefully it gives people reason to do something other than drop the MLB into coverage and/or spy the QB with a safety.

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Maybe for once you can generate a pass-rush with a 3-4 alignment.

Who am I kidding? Probably not.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

IMO playing with the lineman < playing with the MLB

Playing with the safety is pretty hard but can be devastating if you're good. I'm never a big fan of those who play with the lineman, but if this system actually adds some skill to this besides just mashing the right stick and/or diving right when you break through the line to trip up RBs in the backfield then that would be cool.

I'm just afraid it will be overpowering for those who are really good at the new system and OL will be outmatched. But I will reserve judgement till it comes out, definitely intrigued.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I agree. I'm one who users my safety a lot. But last release if I weren't usering him, I would be on any of the three LB's before a d-lineman. There was just no point in trying to user a pass rush last release, IMO. The video focuses mainly on the d-line and only sheds light on the o-line with like one or two sentences. So I'm hoping it isn't too overpowered as well. Either way, it can't be much worse than the previous two releases I don't think.

• Like Like x 1
  10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I usually prefer using the safety exclusively, but last year it felt very odd to me and I wasn't able to control the player like I had in the past. I was forced to user other positions like the D-Line (hated it BTW) and that definitely hurt my defensive strategy.

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I was wrecking people's assholes with JJ Watt and the power move. It takes elite tackles and/or double-teams to stop him.

And now you have Clowney on the other side.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't necessarily think it will be OP, but it does separate elite DL and elite OL. Because these moves just won't work against the Duane Brown's of the world. You will end up on the ground.

However, you will definitely need to gameplay for elite DL. Shifting OL blocking is going to be a necessity if you are facing a good player and a good user. You will need to learn how to use HB and TEs to block for you.

The mechanic wasn't 100% done when I played, but I did really enjoy it and thought it added a lot of depth defensive controls.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Like the sound of this. Sounds like the shifting of OL will finally have a noticeable purpose and meaning.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It already does in most competitive play settings. It's the only way to counteract the overload blitzes that guys are so in love with.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

for league purposes, sliders can sometimes be an effective tool to prevent overpowered aspects of the game :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I also fear that it will be over powered. If it takes two lineman to block an elite DL, imagine the manipulation you will see with opening up blitz lanes. I am not saying that doesn't happen in real life, but in the video game world everything gets multiplied in effectiveness.
    I always wondered if the game changer program shouldn't include the lobby player extremist that exploits any and every exploit they can to gain advantage to possibly gets some flaws out in the open prior to the game dropping.
    I am going to remain optimistic that this new DL interactions are realistically effective and add a fun aspect to the game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I probably play the most or close to the most lobby games in the TSO community. I will tell you that these elite lobby players I face on a regular basis come up with blitzes that are unable to be blocked with shifting OL on default settings. Most of them send two way blitzes that attack both sides and find ways to isolate interior lineman to stay put and block air. These players lab ways in practice mode to accomplish these things.

Please tell me that the audible delay we read about also pertains to the defensive side of the ball to eliminate the 7 adjustments these players make to attain these types of blitzes...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It's mostly with the offense.

Clint did a lot of work with OL blocking this year. With that, the block steering and new interaction mechanics (pass rush) the OL/DL interaction feels very different.

I know there will still be gaps and people will find them. I'm not sure we will ever get away from that since it is a video game. However, I know there are a lot of people on the gameplay team that take it personal when unrealistic pressure occurs in the game and will personally fix it if we can tell them how to repro it. They have fixed so many over the last few years including a lot pre-launch that we discover. If I have that information, I can take it straight to the people at EA that will fix it.

• Like Like x 4
  19. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Unfortunately, gamers are creative and it's hard to find everything pre-launch. The main constant that they try to do is to get the center or guard to be occupied by a blitzing threat and not actually help out on the line. This has been accomplish in the past by fake blitzing, QB spys, QB contains, spreading and crashing lines and whatever the flavor of the month is. The key to their manipulation will be overloading a gap while interior lineman are stuck in place.
    My concern is that if an elite player like JJ Watt demands a double team when usered it will create huge opportunity for immediate pressure on the back side once someone figures out how to keep the C from sliding over and helping out. If they limit the time to audible, it could help out the situation.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I understand how most of the blitzes are created. I go to community events with a lot of the guys on the web that discover these gaps and adjustments.

My point was not to say that it won't happen, but that the gameplay team is committed to fixing them once we learn how to repro them. The Maddenbible guys take a beating every year over all their 'gimmicks', but if you only knew how much stuff these guys help fix before launch it would blow your mind.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

22. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Until you can actually confuse offensive lineman with crossfire or stunts etc, I have zero faith in the 3-4 playing anything like it should.

23. Keller

Does this mean that chipping will finally be in the game? I would kiss the ground EA walks on if I could hot route a RB to chip the DE then go out for a simple route. I've only included this in my suggestions for the game for about 3 cycles.

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The OL/DL interactions we really want will likely take another cycle.

25. Keller

Sign me up for Madden 2016 then.....