1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

M18: What teams are you excited to play with?

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Big Suge Knight, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Now that the hype train is leaving the station, bows as good a time as any to start talking exciting players and teams for the upcoming release. Let's get some dialogue in this joint.

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

B$K's Top CFM Teams M18

1. Oakland Raiders
      1. Offense: Carr is a great young QB to build around especially when you add that excellent o-line. Oh yeah Beastmode is going to be wearing Silver and Black this season.

2. Defense: Mack and Irvin offe the edge with the addition of Conley at corner should be interesting.

3. Future: Some extremely good building blocks on both sides of the ball but at some point you have to pay that man, or in this case men (Amari, Mack and Carr)
    2. New England Patriots
      1. Offense: Cooks gives them the best deep threat since Moss.

2. Defense: Gilmore and Butler are solid corners to build around with depth in the front seven.

3. Future: Jimmy G returns as the best backup in football.
    3. Cleveland Browns
      1. Offense: Online should be much improved over last year. There has to be a QB out of the four on the roster right?

2. Defense: Kirksey & Collins are athletic second level playerd to stabilize the front seven and just let top pick Myles Garrett eat off the edge.

3. Future: Picks on Picks on picks. And two solid drafts of intriguing young players makes this the optimum spot for building. Don’t forget all that cap room.
    4. Jacksonville jaguars
      1. Offense: Top pick Fournette could be the workhorse back needed to stabilize this inconsistent offense.

2. Defense: Adding AJ Buoye and Calais Campbell should pay dividends on an already good defense. Last years picks in Ramsey and xxx are good building blocks for the future.

3. Future: Could be in the QB market if Bortles does not pan out this year.
    5. Pittsburgh Steelers
      1. Offense: The Killers B’s are back and better than ever. Add in speedster rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster and this could be an even more explosive offense.

2. Defense: TJ Watt should provide a solid athletic edge player this defense desperately needed.

3. Future: Could Josh Dobbs be an adequate heir to Ben’s throne? Plenty of youth on both sides of the defense.

Honorable Mentions:

• San Francisco 49ers: some big prospects to build around on defense and plenty of cap room to add FA on offense.
    • Philadelphia Eagles: Carson Wentz will have some big and fast targets to throw on offense. And that defensive line rotation may be one of the best in the league.
    • Tampa Bay Bucs: Watching a defense squirm trying to figure out how to cover Desean, Evans and Howard at the various levels should be entertaining as long as I am not the defender ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. xSavedByGraceo

xSavedByGraceo Walk On

I am of course excited to play with my Dolphins, but I am also excited to see the Jags, and Bucs as well!

I am excited to see how the rookies rate for the Dolphins as well as how they rate the team overall. Last season I am pretty sure no one picked the Dolphins to be a playoff team. There were a lot of impact players that played well last season they were rated poorly on the game. I thought Tannehill took a step with protection and would have loved to see him be able to finish the season to see how he ended up. Jay Ajayi took the league by storm, Kenny Stills, and Jarvis Landry had good seasons as well. I am excited about the addition of Timmons, Hayes, Fasano, Allen, and McDonald even though he is suspended for the first 8 games. I like the draft picks that were selected and am excited to see how they are rated as well. I am still a little concerned defensively, but with Jones returning and the young players continuing to develop I think they will be fine.

I really didn't like the Jags draft at all, but I thought they addressed some key needs through free agency.

I like the Bucs of course because they are a Florida team, but will have to research who they added outside of Howard.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think the 49ers would be an interesting shit-show to pilot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

My top 3 so far ....

Cleveland
    Texans
    Eagles (obviously not an option in TMFL lol)

Cleveland - my favorite team had a good draft and upgraded the shit out of the offensive line. 3 likely usable QB's to play with and trade for assets. The other 3 teams in the division have old QB's so I think it's a team in the rise madden wise.

Texans- Watson will probably be overrated and I like the rookie RB they drafted. Tons of weapons at WR and a nasty defense.

Eagles- I honestly think they had the best draft of any team that can contend. They filled in every need in FA and draft that I can think of and the old school unis are nice.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    3 usable QBs, huh?

7. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Hail to the...

Liked what they did in the draft the past few seasons. Some youth to build around. Decent QB. Good OLine. Defense could be nasty with a few pieces added.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Yeah , Kessler was decent in m17, Osweiler might be iffy but I'm sure he will have a strong arm & I doubt Kizer gets a poor rating as a 2nd round pick.

9. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    My Usual Suspects in No Particular Order

1.) Jacksonville - I lived there for a while, they sucked the entire time. They've made some nice additions on defense + with Fournette in the backfield. Biggest weakness is still the O-Line
    2.) Baltimore - I grew up there. My biggest grief with using them is Flacco's contract. It really ham strings what I can do especially given his ratings. Not a Big Bang for my buck.
    3.) Green Bay - Been a fan since the colts left Baltimore + Aaron Friggin Rodgers :)

New Additions to my Desired Team list
    1.) New England - I've never used them so why not
    2.) Atlanta - Because it's where the player's play -

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rev Bolyard

Rev Bolyard Walk On

#5 Broncos - Bolles, Henderson, and Butt to help the O with that already filthy defense. Could be a LOT of fun to play.
    #4 J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets - They're attempting to lose every game this season. I'd like the challenge of doing better than that.
    #3. Tampa Bay Bucs - Teaming Howard and Godwin with Mike Evans should make that a fun offense for about a decade!
    #2. Carolina Panthers - Newton + McCaffrey and Samuel with their always stingy defense. I'm listening.
    #1. My favorite team: Dallas. A revamped secondary should be fun to develop, but going 4 wide with Cole and Switzer in the slots. That's what I'm all about.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I just hope they rate McCaffrey appropriately. For some reason, I feel like he's going to be heavily underrated.

12. Rev Bolyard

Rev Bolyard Walk On

I'd tend to doubt their ability to rate any of the players with character concerns (Joe Mixon, Caleb Brantley, Jourdan Lewis, Reuben Foster) or anyone who plays multiple positions (McCaffrey, Peppers) accurately.

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, and it's hard to blame them. There are a lot of those guys that just never find a position they are good enough at to stay in the NFL. For every Devon Hester, there are 100 other guys that are kind of QBs and kind of WRs.

14. Rev Bolyard

Rev Bolyard Walk On

Peppers comes to mind. Not a great tackler. Can't cover. Only 1 career college interception. So not sure he's an impact safety (which is where Cleveland probably plays him). Still, big time athlete.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Definitely a big time athlete!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rev Bolyard

Rev Bolyard Walk On

When is the NDA lifted?

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Don't have a specific date just yet. I can talk about things that are public knowledge, though.

18. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

1. Panthers- Favorite team
    2. Vikings - Dalvin Cook
    3. Browns- Youth and future draft picks
    4. Jets- The rebuild of this team would be a fun challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Updated my OP with my teams. Finally had time to kind of put some thought into it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The Jets DEFINITELY need your help.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Rev Bolyard

Rev Bolyard Walk On

Unless EA tweaks their salary cap hits, there will be a ton of money to work with - but that offense. Oh my. That looks ugly. It's Matt Forte and nothing else - though I do like the picks of Stewart, Henson, and Leggett to really help that unit along in 2 or 3 years. None of their QBs are worth noting. Defense has some exciting pieces with their two new safeties, Darron Lee, and that defensive line. Corner is a weak spot with the best player being Mo Claiborne who can't stay healthy.

22. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

It's as close to a blank canvas as you'll find. Just gotta take your lumps season one and make some good FA decisions. But with that cap space you could rebuild pretty quick.

23. QuietStorm

QuietStorm TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Eagles - Duhh ... They finally addressed the WR position, had a solid draft (if EA can rate the players well outside the first round). Only issues will be ballooning contracts. IRL is much easier to ease the cap hits of Vets. Madden has always done a poor job translating that into their games.

49ers - Fun team to rebuild, have some young chips on defense that would allow flexibility for those who want to flip defenses from 3-4 > 4-3 or to run a hybrid set. Should have cap and holes to fill which make it fun in CFM to GM.

The typical ... Team-is-loaded-on-paper-and-only-good-in-madden ... The Jacksonville Jaguars, they get the love the old Raiders and Cowboys do in Madden. They could go 4-12 every year but still be monster madden teams off ratings. The Jags will once again be a hot team with their young talent on both sides of the ball. Fournette will be this years Zeke in madden no doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Rev Bolyard

Rev Bolyard Walk On

You want a blank canvas, look at the Browns. Especially if you can work it so you get the same picks that they have for 2018. Two firsts, and three seconds I think?

25. QuietStorm

QuietStorm TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Browns and 49ers would both be fun teams to play with. Both have very nice corner stones IMO on defense.

Brownies: Garrett will be hyped well on Madden as will Peppers it just raw ability
    Ogbah / Collins / Kirksey / Peppers / Pryor will be nice chips

49ers: Buckner / Solomon / Armstead is a nice front ...
    Ruben Foster and NaVorro will be studs with two solid safeties.

Then cap and picks ... Niners should have 1 / two 2's / two 3s ... The Browns should have something very similiar.

• Like Like x 1