M25 (All M25 Discussion Here)

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by RRAHx2, May 23, 2013.

1. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

[​IMG]

ALL owners who are interested in participating in Rookie Symposium for M25 MUST apply. Regardless, of time put in during M13 cycle. Nobody is guaranteed a spot in this league, and as you all would agree, I want to make sure we have the most active and dedicated members. I will be accepting applications until the end of July, or until all 31 other owners are selected. Thanks, guys!

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium?
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of?
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium?
    • What will be your normal availability schedule?
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them

2. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? Well ive been in this league from the start and have joined many others but none of them have come close to the way the league operates. Its a great league and would like to continue with it into M25.
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? Maybe 1 other. TLY
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? A sim user who always post his summaries up always schedules his game. I know i haven't lately put up content but will be more involved with creating content. I have stuck with this league from the beginning and will continue to be active if im selected for M25.
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? I work Monday - Friday from 6AM-4PM; Saturdays and Sundays are mostly Free unless im watching a Pats game.
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them. I would want the Patriots as im a die hard Pats fan, Giants would be second choice i was born in New York so i still like the team despite my Pats losing 2 SB to them. Seahawks would be the Third choice there a young team who have a great defense and a good offense.

3. TryHardNation

TryHardNation Texas Gang or Die

Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium?
    I love Madden and love playing competitive games. I also want to become a better player and owner. I have played my most epic games so far in this league and I wasn't to be in a community of nice and competitive people.
    How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of?
    Only this one most likely.
    If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium?
    Friendly, content creating owner. I will also shakeup the league in a good way with surprising trades in signings. I will take risks that will create diverse and more enjoyable outcomes.
    What will be your normal availability schedule?
    Monday: 4:45-6:30 and 8:00-9:00 (All CST, all kick times)
    Most of the day Tuesday and Thirsday
    4:30 till 9:00 on Wednesday. All night Friday and all weekend.
    List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them
    1. Seahawks they are a great team that fits my play style and I want to use their players with the new run Free
    2. Redskins same as above
    3. Colts my style of team. Want to take em to next level.

4. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? I've very thoroughly enjoyed my time in RS this past season. I like the way it operates and the people in it.
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? A max of 2 or 3
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? Challenging sim games. Strategic competition. Reliability.
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? Nights and weekends.
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them. 1. The Washington Redskins - easy, my favorite team. 2. Seattle Seahawks - I will be spending a significant amount of time in Seattle this year, may even go to a couple of their games. 3. I went to school in North Carolina... So I guess the Panthers?

5. GDip

GDip Walk On

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? Been in RS since we started last August and of all the leagues I've been a part of this is by far the best group and best commissioner, keeping the league in good standing.
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? Maybe 1 other, but most likely just this one.
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? I bring good ownership, with fair, sim gameplay. I also stay on top of all forum responsibilites; scheduling, summaries, etc...
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? Mornings before 10am and evenings after 8pm est.
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them 1) Denver Broncos - my favorite team and the team i'm a season ticket holder for. 2) Houston Texans - My favorite teams to play with are good at running the ball. 3) Chicago Bears - Have enjoyed the team I've been owner of this release and wouldn't mind continuing with them.

6. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? Love playing in this league. I believe I am a true sim player and would bring great competition. This is what sim is all about!
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? Longest yard and maybe one other.
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? As I stated earlier, I bring tough competition without the crap. Plus I love writing post game reports.
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? I am usually available in the evenings. Preferably after 9CST. The later the better, but I am flexible.
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them Jacksonville: Because I that is my team in real life (though they make it tough sometimes), Titans: Ran with them in this league, Bengals: I used them in another league I was a part of, so I know the roster.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  7. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? Loved being here since Morgan told me about it. Would love to continue fine tuning my sim game. Plus, the community of this league is fantastic.
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? One other, but it's not a TSO league.
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? Solid competition and a willingness to further my abilities to bring sim-style gameplay to the table.
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? Weekdays I'll be available around 6pm-10pm CST and any time on the weekends.
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them? Chicago Bears - Hometown team, so I gotta go with them; Indianapolis Colts - Favorite part of this league was building the Jets from scratch. It would be a blast to re-build the colts around Andrew Luck. New York Jets - Been the Jets here for two seasons, and I like the idea of building a team around Geno Smith.

8. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? Gret experience this year so far and I've been in here since the beginning. A lot of respect for the commish and he runs this league like a champ.
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? Just this one
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? Video highlights, a bunch of activity, leadership and hopefully a couple SB rings to Pittsburgh:D
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? I'm shift work so I'm available days during the week, nights, weekends, holidays...all varies. No scheduling issues thus far.
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them- Steelers, Steelers, Steelers? If I have to choose another team to be in the league I will but I want them bc they are my fav team, I like playing the Bengals and Browns 2 times a year bc the owners are awesome and make the game so much fun. Just need to find a solid Ravens owner to beat up on....;) if I had to say 2 other teams they'd be Jags or Panthers? blahh just give me Steelers thx

9. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? Best league I've been in, for both Madden or NCAA. When I say best, I mean in terms of overall owner participation, commish and co-commish leadership and organization, and just overall fun of playing my games vs. the other people involved.
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? RS will be my only league if I am accepted again. I tried several other places w/ M13 and they all fizzled out or were run poorly.
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? Consistency as far as being a reliable owner for game scheduling and managing my team and it's roster in a realistic manner
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? I expect to be available just as I am now, most weekdays after 6:30pm EST and flexible on weekends depending on family commitments.
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them 1) BENGALS -- this is just my favorite squad, and I know the players/roster inside-out. 2) Lions -- Offensive firepower with a need for some personnel work 3) Raiders/Ravens - I've always enjoyed the rebuilding aspect of a team

10. BrewBomber

BrewBomber Walk On

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? I love the pace, participation, leadership and structure.
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? Maybe one other.
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? I will always get my games in and play within the SIM spirit of the game.
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? Pretty much every evening.
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them Packers (Because I am a lifelong fan from WI, and I am a shareholder), Texans (lots of WI players), Broncos

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chief9

Chief9 Walk On

Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium?
    I was new to RS in M13 and loved the level of competition. it was nice to be in a league where everyone took madden serious and there were very few blowout games. Also loved the structured rules set in place to provide fair and fun SIM gameplay.

How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of?
    RS will be my only league I participate in.

If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium?
    Consistent, fair gameplay. Follow forum rules including scheduling and reports. Something I must improve on.

What will be your normal availability schedule?
    My schedule changes from week to week as I don't have set hours I work at my job. But I will make sure I make time for my games.

List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them.
    1. New York Jets. I would love to have the Jets as they are my undisputed favorite sports team. It will also be interesting to build my franchise around Geno and a young core of defensive players.
    2. Tampa Bay Bucs. If the Jets aren't available, I would like to have the Bucs. Their improving defense and younger core players other than VJax would be ideal for me.
    3.Carolina Panthers. My third team would have to be the Panthers. Cam Newton is one of my favorite players in the league.

12. nicknick68

nicknick68 Walk On

Q..Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium?
    A.. Growing up madden was always my favorite game my biggest problem has always been finding people to play against that understand its supposed to be a simulation game and with this league I have found it great players who take madden seriously with good rules in place to keep it as close to realistic as possible

Q...How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of?
    A..RS will be the only league I will be participating in as of right now

Q..If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium?
    A.. I will bring a competitive good simulation player to this league I love the idea of playing as realistic as possible while still competing.

Q..What will be your normal availability schedule?
    A.. I own my own business and make my own hours so almost anytime I will be available I try my best to work with the other guys to make it easy for both of us..

Q..List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them
    A..1 ny giants I am a diehard giants fan first and foremost and I love the way there set up its the exact type of offense I like to run plus I would look forward to building up there defense and making them contenders.
    2. Miami dolphins the dolphins intrigue me there is a lot of youth on the team plus some superstar players also it being a tough division makes them very attractive also.
    3. St. Louis rams this team is stockpiled with young talent would be very enjoyable to translate that into a dominant team I enjoy Tryinf to take these young rebuilding teams and push them into playoffs

13. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

It is the most active, regulated league I've been in this year and would like to continue being involved and having fun with it

Likely only one other than RS, 48 hr advances keeps it fresh and moving

Dedicated summary writing, best interest opinions/solutions and solid posts that make the league look better as a TSO league overall

Likely the same as this year, some early afternoons and most evenings and weekends

1. Detroit Lions - Favorite team in real life, enough said
    2. Kansas City Chiefs - Favorite "AFC" team
    3. Denver Broncos - Figured it would be fun to build a team with pieces that may retire

14. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? I have enjoyed the several seasons I have played in RS. The league is very active and never lacks participation. I enjoy the sim atmosphere here and the leadership in place that makes sure that happens. I feel that the league is not focused on winning but rather the quality of gameplay and that is important to me.
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? At the most one other league

• If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? I will bring what I have brought my several seasons here before and that is activity not only with playing my games but also on the forums and also a play style that follow the sim guidelines the league is built on
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? My normal availability is daily usually from 5pm - 11pm est. On days I have nothing going on I can be on as late as 2am est.
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them 1. Carolina Panthers because I am a huge fan and normally go to most of their home games throughout the season. 2. I really do not care if I do not get Carolina I will play with anybody but it pains me to say this but if I had to pick probably Tampa Bay b/c I think their defense will be very good and I tend to rely on my defense in madden. 3. Wash/Indy whats not to love about the two best qbs from the draft last season

• Like Like x 1
  15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

FUCK THIS GUY!!! Beat me to it :arghh:

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? This has been a hell of a league so far. The competition is intense and the the content i'd have in mind would help make this a big league. Some big ideas but I'll get to that in the later questions.
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? I'd probably prefer this league to TMFL (which i applied to). TMFL looks fun but the process to get in seems daunting and i probably won't. But if i do get picked for both this and TMFL, I'll probably go here first.
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? I plan some big things. For the Experience I am doing a blog spot with a buddy in the league. We're gonna post daily articles there which i could do here as well if someone wants to help me out here. I also plan to make Post Game News Conference Videos after most every game. Some cool content for people to follow my team.
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? Name a time, if I'm not working/at school I'll make it. When this drops, i'll probably be in Fall Semester so i don't know my schedule just yet. But I'm pretty flexible.
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them 1) Bengals. They are my favorite team and i am stoked to play as them (looking at you Snake Eyez ). 2) Seahawks. Love running with them right now and i could get used to em real quick. 3) Lions. Don't know why. But i like their roster set up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TryHardNation

TryHardNation Texas Gang or Die

RRAHx2 I'd love to roll with the 'hawks :)

17. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Im applying just in case lol, most likely wont be able to play but who knows.

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? Cause I love it? :) Good commish, and I like the playing here.
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? Just this one
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? IQ: 137, Madden Skills -> Pretty Low :D. What will I bring? Same as always, an active member.
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? OMG! Most likely crazy hours ha ha ha. God knows lol :D I will let you know in about 3 months :D
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them VIKINGS my FAVORITE TEAM (thanks to this league :)). Apart from that I like, SEA, OAK , SF, etc etc. Don't really care to be honest :)

18. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? I have been here since the beginning and I have to say I have absolutely loved playing in this league. It is well ran and I have enjoyed the company. I enjoy the pace and the competition!!!
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? This will be the only one
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? I am an active member who is always easy to get ahold of and schedule a game with. In my opinion I am a sim player and have never had any complaints from opponents that I am aware of. I have shit the bed on summaries at times and will strive to improve.
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? I will be available to play most every evening except Mondays (bowling night)
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them 1) St. Louis Rams: My second favorite team, I love Jeff Fisher, and I love how young and talented they are. Also like the fact they have two first rounders!!! 2) Dallas Cowboys: My favorite sports team!!!! I actually like what Dallas is doing switching to the 4-3. Sean Lee and Bruce Carter will be beasts in the new scheme. 3) Minnesota Vikings: Really like what they did in the draft!!!!!!! AP!!!!!!
    Very excited about Madden 25 and even more excited to have the opportunity to continue playing in RS!!!!!!

19. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

Love the league and how stable the majority of the owners are. We have a great group and with all the new additions to Madden 25 it should only get better from here.

Just this one.

I have brought around a lot of content in the past. This next year I should be more stable with it as I'm taking a semester off from school this fall to save up money at work. That extra free-time will allow me to do weekly content instead of content sparingly throughout the season.

My job switches me between 1st and 3rd shift pretty regularly. So I will usually be available between 3pm and 8pm est Mon-Thur. Other days my availability varies.

1. Browns - Probably the only person who actually wants them because I'm a fan. The defense should also be really exciting next year along with having a very solid o-line to build around.

20. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

1. Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium?
    This late in the cycle and the league is still going strong, what more could you ask for? I've only heard(read) great things about Rookie Symposium, love the updated season history too by the way.
    2. How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of?
    Would like to get into The Longest Yard.
    3. If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium?
    I will do my best to make every game into a chess match instead of the usual checkers game you get in Ranked matches. A dedicated sim player who will be in it for the long haul, I'm very easy to get a hold of since I regularly check in TSO so scheduling will never be an issue. Not only will I post the mandatory game summaries but I will have team content as well.
    4. What will be your normal availability schedule?
    Evenings after 7 pm EST(Monday-Friday) and Sat-Sunday 1-4pm
    5. List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them
    Broncos- They are my favorite team ever since I was a child. Cardinals- Like their young defense. Seahawks- Good young team with awesome stadium

EDIT: Is this for the 360 or X1? Because if it's for the X1 then just ignore my post.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  21. AwaLL

AwaLL Walk On

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? I have been here for 4 seasons now and its the best madden site ive been a part of in quite some time, maybe the best ever.
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? Probably 1 other one. When madden first comes out im on it almost all the time. I usually always start with two. RS will definitely be #1 priority tho
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? I will bring to RS what i have for the last 4 seasons. Active, get games in, play SIM football, and talk/get to know everyone in our skype chat. Also will pick up my slack on the postings on site/write ups and content i provide (have not done a good job of that the past season an a half or so)
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? I work 2-10 P.M EST Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Sundays are up in the air on when i work, and im free every night for scheduling, and all day on Mondays and Wedns.
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them: Dolphins, Dolphins, Dolphins. Im a die hard Dolphins fan and would love to keep them for M25. If we had a draft or someone else were given to them, it wouldnt be the end of the world, just rather have them if possible!

22. Craig Brown

Craig Brown Walk On

Why do you want to be apart of rs?

I really enjoy the vibe and play of Rs, I was new to the site and everyone was very easy to get along with. I enjoy the gameplay as well.

If selected what will you bring to rs?

I'm a very active owner, we all have lives we live outside of here so I take it serious to make my game times and be on and ready for that scheduled time. Nobody wants to sit around and wait for an opponent. I also try and play very sim, I will not do something that I won't see on Sunday.

What's your normal availability?

Mon, wed, fri 6am-6pm and available all weekend

How many other league will you be apart of?

I will also be playing in the longest yard. It was my first league I joined and I have several family and friends in that league.

Top 3 teams and why?

1. Chiefs - I have loved them my whole life and would love to build their franchise.
    2. Seattle - I love their big cornerbacks and R.Wilson
    3. 49ers- I feel I:m a below average madden player and having a great team will even the playing field

23. Wiznerd420

Wiznerd420 Walk On

• I really enjoy what little I've been in this league so far. Most people have been patient with working around me not being able to post(excited to get going now that it's fixed). Most importantly the competition here actually challenges.
    • At least one maybe two. I always host a private online CC just for me to practice in, but as far as legit leagues go maybe just one. I can micro manage for days on one team that's enough for me.
    • Game commitment, League commitment , Friendly competition, and being a fun opponent to play.
    • Mon-Fri noon till extremely late. Unless you get ahold of me on forums then I can be up earlier. Sat/Sun will always be available noon to 6pm.
      1. Green Bay - Been my favorite team since I can remember always love playing with em.
      2. Redskins - Really love utilizing RGIII (Don't worry in a sim manner)! Also very talented, and young WR core.
      3. Vikings - Really really like running the football so AP. I also like using Webb over Ponder it makes them kinda like the redskins, but with not quite as good a QB. Although way better HB.

24. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

By far the best and most active Madden league that I have been a part of. Commish does a great job and owners are very active....now if we could just take care of that Redskins guy. haha
    I will play in 1 other league with my friends from home.
    An active owner who enjoys rebuilding a team, always plays the games, almost always available and active on the boards and in the Skype chat.
    I coach basketball year round so I can almost say with certainty after 9pm weekdays. I also teach so I'm available all summer.
    1. Buffalo Bills - Diehard Bills fan who would love to try and recreate the glory days of the early 90s.
    2. Indianapolis Colts - Took the Colts to a couple Super Bowls in my other league and was a team that was a lot of fun to play with.
    3. Doesn't matter - I would probably take a challenge and see if I could rebuild them. I had a lot of fun rebuilding the Saints when I took over after Drew Brees retired.

25. Crowe

Crowe Walk On

• Why do you want to be a part of Rookie Symposium? This is not just a community. It is a family. Myself and Awall were looking for a new place to play, and stumbled across TSO and was accepted in to RS and I have never looked back. There may have been a couple of bumps, but that is all they were....bumps. I am extremely happy with the league and with most of the owners in the league. This is by far one of the best legaues I have ever been in.
    • How many other M25 leagues will you be a part of? Probably just 1 other, at the most. (I do have a ccm that i am in with just 3 other friends, but its just for them. because they dont think they are good enough to be in a league. but this isn't the 1 other im talking about.)
    • If selected, what will you bring to Rookie Symposium? Hopefully a great challenge, but more importantly a valued member of this community. I hope that my writings will get better (and more frequent) on the site. I also will bring a dedicated owner in myself to the league, making sure that integrity of the league (on my behalf) is in tact at all times. And I am extremely active as much as possible.
    • What will be your normal availability schedule? Right now (Monday - Wednesday 5pm - 930pm CST, Thursday Night 5pm -12pm CST, Friday and Saturday Times vary. Sunday Time varies but the latest is 930pm CST. I sometimes work overtime which is mostly Friday and Saturdays, which will go to 7pm - 930 pm.)
    • List your Top 3 teams for M25, and why you want them?
    • 1. 49ers {No, not a bandwagon. Patrick Willis is one of my defensive players since Reggie White.}
    • 2. Eagles {They are my favorite team, but I will have them in another league and don't like running multiple leagues with the same team.}
    • 3. Jaguars {I have to say, I enjoyed playing and building them up and making them contenders in the last 4 seasons here. I thought I would just be cannon fodder, but I really did have fun.}

Last edited: May 29, 2013