MAC & C USA Season Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jul 18, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

MAC & C USA Season Preview

Okay guys..

please post your preview for your team..

I may edit or add a little, but for the most part it is all you!

I'd like at least 2 paragraphs for each team. Talk about key players, last year's results, REALISTIC expectations, goals, etc.

and if you could...
    when you post the preview for your team could you put it as a quote?? That way it is seperated from everything else and I can find it easier between all the extra talking and what not there may be..

If you don't know how to do a quote, put this around the text {qoute}text{/qoute} - replace the {}'s with []'s

I will post mine later on...please make these good guys!!!

2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Are we back in school?

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I already did mine, it's in the team summary area.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

ECU Pirates

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Can we just put them in the team summary thread?

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, but it makes it a lot easier for me to find them if you could copy and paste them here...

I'm using them for the web site...that I have to create content for...it's not just for the forum..

So yeah, write it there, but take a minute to just copy and paste it here for me if you could..

not that hard

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

There ya go

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

thanks man

9. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Here ya go Murk:

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

http://traditionfootball.com/tcfl/

We are going to have a site similar to that...

that is why I need this content guys..

Im trying hard to do some shit prior to the season that would interest you guys, but obviously actions speak louder than words since more than half the people didn't vote for that stuff.

But please post your pre season write ups here...we are MOST LIKELY sending out the invites tomorrow (as in tuesday)..If it is too hard for you to copy and paste it here, I am deeply sorry. Let me know, and I will do it for you.

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I missed the part about copying and pasting in this thread or I would have done it. I thought you were just asking for a write up. My bad, I misunderstood what you were asking for.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

No problem..

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

2009 University Of Houston
    Cougars

Coach: Matt York
    Offensive Coordinator: Dana Holgorsen
    Defensive Coordinator: John Skladany
    Last League Title: 2006
    Returning Starters: 15 (8 offense, 5 defense, kicker, punter)
    2008 Record: 8-5 C-USA record 6-2 (3rd in the west)

The Cougars are the West Division favorites and should be in the hunt for the C-USA title this year. Non-conference games against Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Mississippi State will certainly expose any weaknesses, But C-USA play is all that truly matters. The offense is going to do its thing, so if the defense comes through, this could be a special season.

Offense:
    The Cougars return most of the biggest pieces from their record setting offense of last year-5,000 yard QB Case Keenum, 1,000 yard RB Bryce Beall and 1,000 yard WR Tyron Carrier. Coach York said for this team to click at the highest level he needs continuity from the OL which returns 3 starters and its top recruit JC transfer Roy Watts. Watts was a 5 star prospect coming out of high school. He origanly signed with Texas but did not qualify. He will man the RT position while a RS freshman Jacolby Ashworth mans Keenum’s blind side at LT. Look for the Coogs to pass the ball a lot and then pass it some more. Keenum hopes to defend his CUSA player of the year award and pick up a CUSA title along the way.

Defense:
    Five starters return from a defense that allowed plenty of points and yards, but showed a knack for making key stops. Sophomore linebacker Marcus McGraw is one of CUSA’s most exciting young talents. McGraw proved to be a speedy, intelligent playmaker, finishing with a team-high 103 tackles. Lining up beside McGraw will be Sr LB Matt Nicholson who is returning from knee surgery and made major progress during spring practice. The secondary returns two starters but will be breaking in two JC transfers in the quick CB Devin Mays and the hard hitting FS Jacky Candy. The question is can this defense step up?

Special Teams
    Sophomore Jordan Mannisto, who got off only three attempts last season, most likely will handle the kicking duties this season. One of the most pleasant surprises from last season was the punting of Chase Turner, who averaged 45.5 ypa. Carrier injected a bit of oomph into the return game, giving the Cougars a legitimate take-it-to-the-house threat.

14. SpreadOption

SpreadOption Walk On

Tulsa Season Preview

Last year the Tulsa Hurricane Offense hit opponents, well, like a Hurricane. They led the nation in total offense for the second consecutive year, averaging 259 yards per game rushing and 319 ypg passing.

It was rumored that new coach Jacques Madere would change up the offense, but no one that it would be so drastic. After stating at his press conference that Tulsa would switch to a spread option, no one thought it would be the fleXbox One spread option, made famous by Paul Johnson of Georgia Tech.

The defense struggled at times last season, and Madere has said they will switch to a 4-3 alignment from the previously used 3-3-5 defense. Madere wants to defend the run better and the 3-3-5 was too weak up the middle in his eyes.

Also giving up 400 ypg and 29 points per game to his oppenents was a reason for the change. Look for the defense to be aggressive, with a heavy bltizing scheme, hopefully resulting in sacks and forcing mistakes from the qb.

Tulsa finished the season 10-2, and ended it with a 63-7 blowout GMAC bowl victory over Bowling Green.

"We are going to run the spread option. Everything we will do will be the same as West Virginia, Oregon, etc., just from under center. My offense averaged 400-600 yards of offense a game at the FBS level. I believe I can do it again. The alumni and fans want wins. And we will win. I promise. This team is headed for great expectations. Believe it!"

Needless to say Madere's fiery introduction has the fan base excited, as season ticket sales have spiked up by almost 5,000 new holders and 10,000 renewals. Excitement is running high in Tulsa.

Key Players-
    Qb-Shadrovick Beaver, Fr. 6'3'', 190 lbs. Look for his mobility to be key in the triple option.
    Hb- Jamad Williams 5-9, 212, Jr.
    Charles Opeseyitan 5-10, 205, So
    Charles Clay 6-3, 230, Jr.
    "Three Headed attack. These guys will be the stars. Look for Clay to have a big year."-Coach Madere
    WR-Damaris Johnson 5-8, 170, So, All-American, look for him to have a huge year despite the triple option's lean towards the run. With him look for a vertical, big play passing game.

Code:
    RECORD: 
    Tulsa's 2008 Schedule and Record 
    ALL GAMES........... (10-2-0) 
    CONFERENCE.......... (7-1-0) 
    NON-CONFERENCE...... (3-1-0) 

DATE OPPONENT W/L SCORE ATTEND ------------ ------------------------ 
    Aug 30, 2008 at UAB W 45-22 19672
    Sep 06, 2008 at North Texas W 56-26 22785 
    Sep 20, 2008 UNM W 56-14 30000 
    Sep 27, 2008 UCA W 62-34 20646 
    *Oct 04, 2008 RICE W 63-28 24926 
    *Oct 11, 2008 at SMU W 37-31 15324 
    *Oct 18, 2008 UTEP W 77-35 21873 
    *Oct 26, 2008 UCF W 49-19 30000 
    Nov 1, 2008 at Arkansas L 23-30 70021 
    *Nov 15, 2008 at Houston L 30-70 20855 
    *Nov 22, 2008 TULANE W 56-7 20391 
    *Nov 29, 2008 at MARSHALL W 38-35 21571 

2009-2010 Season Schedule- *denotes key game **Homecoming
    Projected Win/Loss record-9-3 1st in C-USA West
    9/4 at Tulane-W
    9/12 at New Mexico-Win
    *9/19 at Oklahoma-Loss
    9/26 Sam Houston State-Win
    10/3 at Rice-Win
    10/10 OPEN DATE
    *10/14 Boise State-Loss
    10/21 at UTEP-Win
    10/31 SMU-Win
    11/7 Houston-Win
    **11/15 East Carolina-Win
    11/21 at Southern Miss-Loss
    11/28 Memphis-Win

With tough games at Oklahoma, and getting Boise State at home, along with the season ending slate against four bowl teams from last season. Tulsa has a tough road ahead, but Coach Madere feels confident that his team will win the conference.

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

thanks guys

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm still not sure who I'm going with as starters at key positions. Can I post those later for you, or are you just getting the initial write-ups for now?

17. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Hope this works......

18. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

The UCF Knights have looked over last years roster and returners and compiled a list of last year gems that stood out that are returning this year. Those are seen below.

The Strengths - expected:

It was because of the defense that the team from Central Florida even won four games last year. The defensive line will be the best in the conference by far. End Bruce Miller tallied 7.0 sacks and 17.0 tackles-for-loss last year and fellow lineman Torrell Troup added 12.5 tackles-for-loss. Both of those guys could be playing on Sunday’s sooner or later. But there is more to the line than just Miller and Troup. End Jarvis Geathers was second on the team in sacks last year with 5.5 and Travis Timmons compliments Troup in the middle of the line quite well. The linebackers return three starters in Derrick Hallman, Chance Henderson and Lawrence Young, but the real problem is in the secondary. Replacing Joe Burnett, Johnell Neal, Shareff Rashad and Jason Venson will not be easy. Having a front line that can get to the quarterback will make it easier for the newcomers to adjust to full time starting positions, but the pass defense should suffer at least a little bit.
    --Taken from a UCF Preview.--

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

All of this will work..

I will probably cut some stuff out to make it shorter though

20. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

here is my bulls stuff

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That's perfect

22. RageRoolz

RageRoolz Guest

[qoute]The BGSU Falcons have fired their coach after a 6-6 season and have hired a new coach looking to take them in a new direction. The AD has decided to hire the totally untested Kenny Powers. You may know of him as being a former star baseball player for Atlanta. It is unclear as of yet what he brings to the table. In a recent interview he talked about some of his teams strengths and weaknesses.
    " We return almost all of the relevant skill players on offense, but we are led by our senior quarterback Tyler Sheehan. I know what you all are thinking, you're thinking, but Kenny, does he have a goddamned cannon for an arm like you? And the answer is no, he doesn't, but he is still our guy. It is really unfair to compare Tyler to me anyways, I'm Kenny Powers, baseballs badboy. Anyways, I've been out of the game for a few years, but I have been an assistant at Rice since I retired. I'm installing the spread and looking to lube the deals and spread the field. Since spring practice I have been teaching my team all I know about being winners. I have instilled a few valuable lessons, but the most important is simple: Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless. Unfortunately after spring practice I realized I would have to teach them fundamentals...
    Anyways, I want to thank the brillian Athletic directer at this find institution for giving me this job and letting me have complete and total control. If anyone else is wondering, we are also running a 4-3 defense. I'd rather bring the pain from a 3-4 but we just do not have the people in place yet. My last announcement is that I fired our strength and conditioning coach.He tried to make me do some lifting, but that shit was heavy so I canned him and put myself in charge of that too.

Our team has the pieces in place to make a run at the MAC title. It is my job to get us to the top. If I can't do it, then I'm almost 100% positive no one can.

Go Falcons!
    [/qoute]

23. RageRoolz

RageRoolz Guest

Anyone ever seen the show eastbound and down?lol.