MAC CCG/Bowl Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sawemoff, May 29, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Post em here. I will be posting the CCG after Arkansas runs me over :(

2. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

HOLY SHIT!!! I MADE A BOWL?! :eek:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

All thanks to conference strength BPHusker ... you're welcome ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Ball State Welcomes Back Williams and Tomlinson With Huge BowlWin

Ball State 62
    # 24 Army 28

After being out for most of the season, starting RB Williams and WR Tomlinson were cleared to play in a bowl game that BSU wasn't expecting. The pieces had to fall the right way and they did, which gave Ball State a ticket to the Military Bowl vs #24 Army. The game started out with Army scoring first on a rare touchdown pass from Jackson to WR McFarlin. Ball State countered on their next drive and put 3 points on the board. Jack Tomlinson finally got in on the action, scoring a 14 yard TD on a strike from Wenning to give Ball State the 10-7 lead at the end of the 1st. Army punched right back at the beginning of the second quarter with a 13 yard TD by QB Jackson. After driving down the field again, BSU was stopped and kicker Kovanda nailed a 48 yarder to make it 14-13 Army. The Ball State defense came up big on the next Army drive, turning them away by bobbling a sure interception on 3rd down. Ball State drove down the field and RB Williams got his first touchdown since the 2nd game of the year from 2 yards out. Missing the 2pt conversion, Ball State led 19-14. Army, trying to just run out the clock, tried handing it to the lanky FB Hassin, but he was stripped by Cardinal LB Freeman. On the next play, Wenning hit Lewis in stride for a 48 yard TD pass and then converted for 2 to make it 27-14 at the half.

The second half was ALL Ball State. Tomlinson got another TD early from 13 yards out. The BSU defense held again and that led to a 21 yard TD run by Williams. Up 41-14, Army QB Jackson made a horrible pitch that was intercepted by Cardinal's safety Dehaney and returned 80 yards for the score. The Black Knights couldn't get anything going on their next drive either and were forced to punt. Wenning hooked up with Smith for 48 yards on which would be his last pass of the game, to take a 55-14 lead at the end of the 3rd. The BSU reserves went into the game at the start of the 4th and played well, for not having played much at all the whole year. Army was able to score easily on their first drive of the 4th. On the next Ball State drive, BSU backup Page was intercepted forcing a pass on 3rd down. Army didn't fare much better on their next drive giving the ball back to Ball State via an interception by backup corner Jones and returned 80 yards for the touchdown. Army scored again and Ball State ran out the clock to ending a dominating performance and the first bowl win for the Ball State Cardinals program.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Easy on the 60 points- i mostly say this because I am softening the schedule next year and don't want to see these many points.

6. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I know... but with it being the bowl game I wanted to get the backups a score, since I never played them since most of my games were really close.