MAC Minute with Madden & Michaels

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm going to be previewing each user MAC Matchups - to the best of my ability. Enjoy! (hopefully)

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]
    Week 2
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Al: "We're coming to you live from, sadly, Akron Ohio! I'm your host Al Michaels with my co host John Madden. John, we've got a good one on the horizone, don't we?"​
    John: "Al, did you know Lebron James is from Akron?"​
    *awkward silence*​
    A: "In any regard, this is going to be a great matchup that should rack up plenty of yards on the ground. Temple features an NFL caliber running back in junior Bernard Pierce and his backup Matt Brown, who coaches say is every bit as good as Pierece. Brown lacks the NFL size at 5'5, but he can play. On the other side you have an Akron squad that is rumored to be running the option attack this season."​
    J: "You know, the best way to move to gain more yards is by advancing the ball down the field from the line of scrimmage. Both these teams are going to run the ball. With a guy like Pierce on the field in this game you can expect some great football. When you have great players, playing great, then you get some great football."​
    A: "Could not have put it better myself John... Akron is going to be heavily outmatched talent wise in this one, as the program is currently a little down. What can they do to keep up the Owls come Saturday John?"​
    J: "This is going to come down to whichever team can put up the most points. If Akron doesn't put up any points, I don't see how they can win this one; usually the team that scores the most points wins the game. They need to come out and try to get positive yards every play; some yards is better than none yards."​
    A: "Absolutely, in a game where you are outmatched you always want to come out and do the little things right. Since this is our only game of the week we are going to have a little more time then usual, so give me an X factor for each team John."​
    J: "For Akron I think it has to be QB Patrick Nicely; hur hur hur I mean he's going to have to play nicely for the Zips to have a chance.... see what I did there Al? *Al nods* But really I think it will come down to quarterback play on both sides. Akron knows Temple will run the ball with Pierce and Brown, but can the Owls QB, Mike Gerardi, take advantage when they creep up and stack the box; I think that is the big question. Look for some play action- If the quarterback can throw the ball into the endzone, and if the wide receiver catches it, it's a touchdown! I'm predicting a 34-17 Owls win."​
    A: "I like your pick John. I don't see Akron having the horses to run with Temple; Zips eventually bow out after a hard fought game at home and lose 31-21. This has been your MAC Matchups with Al Michaels and John Madden, we'll see you next week."​

• Like Like x 6
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

feel free to uh.. discuss or suggest other stuff you'd like to see included

4. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

LOL...why did the Madden parts sound just like uh Madden...lol...good stuff...the only thing that freaked me out is how much Al Michaels looks like Pat Summeral...

• Like Like x 1
  5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I noticed that as well :confused:
    The Madden comments are great, keep it up!

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

As long as you read it in their voices, it's pretty good lol

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nice write-up Kasper, and spot on analysis. This may the WORST starting QB I've ever worked with this cycle of NCAA, my HBs will have 30-40 carries combined, haha.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Haha thanks guys. with the positive response I'll keep these going! By the way, the madden stuff was so good because I looked up quotes and tried to integrate them.

fuzzyl0gic your team should have like 4000 combined rushing yards this season with those backs. ;):rolleyes:

9. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Hey Fuzzy, so are you saying that you're from the Coach Parcell's coaching tree or he's just THAT bad...lol

10. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I read it as Pat Summerall and not Al Michaels. :p

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]
    Week 3
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    &
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A: "Hello all we are coming to you live from Kalamazoo, Michigan and Waldo Stadium, both home of the Western Michigan Broncos. I'm Al Michaels here with my partner- the one and only John Madden."​
    J: "We got a great day of football ahead of us Al, with a fantastic tandem of MAC football games. You know we have a prediction of rain here at Waldo Stadium for today's game Al? You know when it rains the field gets wet, then all of the sudden everybody's moving slower out there."​
    A: "That could certainly play a factor here John. Let's take a look at this matchup first between Western and Central Michigan. These two rivals first met in 1907, and have continued to play annually since 1943 with Western Michigan leading the series 44-36."​
    J: "You know football is built around rivalries like this. You have one guy on one side of the ball, who hates the other guy on the other side of the ball's guts. It really makes for some spectacular football."​
    A: "Coming into this one the big question will be can Central Michigan slow down the Broncos QB Alex Carder, who is averaging over 400 yards in his first two games and has a 2:1 TD to interception ratio."​
    J: "I think the big thing for this matchup is weather or not the Chippewas can get pressure on Carder. Hitting a quarterback can mess with his rhythm. When you get hit in the arm, the ball usually isn't going to go where you want it to."​
    A: "Insightful stuff there John; what needs to happen for Central Michigan to win this one on the road?"​
    J: "Well first of course it starts with the pressure on Carder, but after that I think Central Michigan needs to run the ball effectively. Ryan Radcliff has already tossed 6 interceptions in two weeks of play- if he throws 2 or 3 today they have absolutely no shot. When you turn the ball over, the other team gets the ball. You can't score without the ball. I'm predicting a 38 - 27 Bronco win - Go Manning."​
    A: "John I don't think you have the right Bron-"​
    J: "Next game Al."​
    A: *confused look* "Very well, our next matchup is the Buffalo Bulls vs the Ball State Cardinals. Who are the names to watch for in this one John?"​
    J: "I think for Ball State you have to look at a guy like Toney Williams. He's a big bruising back you likes to go in there and knock heads with the defense and can really wear them down. For Buffalo I think you need to look at receiver Marcus Rivers. He is a talented player that has had a slow start to the season against mostly good competition. Look for him to maybe get a few early catches to get involved in the game."​
    A: "That was surprisingly well organized John, very well done."​
    J: "Go ****** yourself Al."​
    *both chuckle*​
    Al: "Anyways John, what's your prediction for this one?"​
    J: "Al I think this is going to be a low scoring game, so my prediction is a Ball State win 24-13."​
    Al: "I'm going to say a high scoring game and a 42-38 Buffalo win."​
    J: "I like that pick, I'm changing to that."​
    Al: "John it really doesn't matter what you predict- regardless, thanks for tuning in everybody and good luck to all the teams in action this week!"​

• Like Like x 6
  12. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

John: "I like that pick, I'm changing to that."......LOL

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

----------------------------------------------- [​IMG]-----------------------------------------

[​IMG]

A: "Hello folks Al Michaels here with my good friend John Madden to discuss some of the recent happenings throughout the MAC conference, and give a little insight into how we think this is all gonna play out."

J: "Yeah Al its been a really good first half of the season, and a lot of big time players have made some big time plays- which is why they are big time players."

*Al just sighs*

A: "So, beginning in the East Miami University is off and running- literally, behind the legs of RB Erik Finklea who has already eclipsed the 1000 yard mark and has 11 TD's to boot."

J: "This kid is a great example of hard work mixing with great opportunity. The coaching staff has done a super job building the offense around him, and he has taken full advantage of it. Nothing is going to come easy and he realizes this. Al, the road to Easy Street tends to go through the sewers."

A: "John what does that even mean?"

J: "Its a simile...er hyperbole... er somethin.."

A: "Metphor?"

J: "No, I think it's called a metafour."

A: "Ah, of course John, my mistake. Who do you see giving Miami of Ohio a run for their money in the East?"

J: "I think Temple is going to get things rolling Al. They have a stable of backs and the QB is playing solid so far- if they can start playing some damn defense they might be able to make a run. You can't worry about the horse being blind Al, you just have to load the wagon."

A: "Those are true words of wisdom John. As you pointed out though, Temple currently has allowed the most points in the entire conference, but they do get a shot to play the Redhawks on November twelfth at home. Teams like Ohio, Kent State, and Buffalo are certainly also int he hunt so we will have to see how things shake out. Moving to the west John, and going off your brilliant horse analogy, it seems to be a two horse race."

J: "Yeah you know this one is going to come down to Toledo and Western Michigan. We will get to see the two go to war here in a couple weeks. Both have a great quarterback leading their respective teams."

A: "Certainly both standout players at the position, but both with conflicting styles. For the Broncos you have the gunslinger in Alex Carder *highlights begin*.

J: "Yeah you will see here on the highlights he doesn't just make good decisions on the field, but he throws the ball in places only his guys can catch it. Boom, there's a touchdown right there."

*highlights switch to Toledo's Terrence Owens*

A: "And of course on the other side you have the athletic Terrence Owens. John- he is certainly what you would call a dual threat."

J: "You know for a dual threat guy he throws the ball really well. Look here in the Boise State game-- he was phenomenal throwing for 326 yards and four touchdowns. The big thing though... 0 interceptions. He is what the professionals refer to as a gamer."

A: "Shockingly insightful stuff there John, well done pal. Moving on though, we know of Miami's Finklea, the afforementioned Carder and Owens, and other standout guys like Temple's Bernard Pierce - but who are some guys, particularly on the defensive side, that have come into light?"

J: "Well Al when you talk about hidden gems I think you have to start with Akron's Brian Wagner *highlights*. Coming into the season he was exepcted to be the lone standout on the unit, and he has not disappointed so far netting 54 tackles including 8 TFL and a pair of forced fumbles. When you're dealing with these lower level schools, you really have to look hard to find guys like him that have the passion for the game like he does. You will see him on Sunday's I can promise you that. Another linebacker that has burst onto the scene is Terrell Anderson from Toledo. The Rockets are climbing the polls and, while they do have an explosive offense, the defense is led by a dominant senior. Anderson has put together 61 tackles, 15 TFL, and a MAC leading 5 interceptions. As you watch the highlights here watch as the RB slows down waiting for something to develop, then .. BOOM he got developed. Anderson is a monster out there and should continue to have a great season."

A: "I can't convey how proud I am of you right now John. *John blushes-- leading to an awkward silence* *Al shakes* Uhm, ahem, yes as we were saying things are heading for a great finish in the second half of the MAC season. We thank you for joining us and look forward to discussing the CCG next!"

*John waves bye to the camera like a goddamn infant.*

• Like Like x 4
  14. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Finally Someone has noticed Brian Wagner lol

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I only did it because you have had a chat box boner about him lately.. and Fuzzy said he was good in your game so I know he isn't just a CPU stud haha

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I hope this is actually funny and you guys don't just like it because the commish is doing it ;) haha

17. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

That dude is a beast...did some serious work against Ohio...he was everywhere...possessed by the Ghost thumb...lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

In all honesty.....it was complete garbage lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG] MAC Minute @MACminute

John and Al are prepping their selections for their All Mac team. The presentation will occur during the CCG preview show. Shoutout from John to Coach fuzzyl0gic and the Temple Owls on the upset! #MACspecial

• Like Like x 1
  21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Madden & Michaels All MAC Team

[​IMG]

A: "Al Michaels here with my partner in crime John Madden, and we are here to announce our selections for the first annual Madden and Michaels All MAC Team. This is a group of big fish in a small pond, but these guys know how to play."

J: "Ya, you know Al just because you don't play in a big conference doesn't mean you are necessarily less talented. Guys like Antonio Gates, Jason Taylor, Ben Roethlisberger, and Adrian Peterson hail from schools in the MAC-- all top flight players at the NFL level."

A: "John I don't think Adrian Peterso-"

J: "OUR LIST.."

*Al zips (PUN!) it*

J: "is something we really took our time with and tried to examine players inside and out beyond stats. By that I mean it is mostly based off stats."

A: "We will go through the selections and give a few tidbits about them throughout. So without further ado, lets begin with the most visible position on the field, quarterback. This was a tough decision, but we decided on Toledo front man Terrance Owens."

QB - RS Soph Terrance Owens Toledo 6'3 180
    55% completion, 2,865 passing yards and 30 TDs, 206 attempts 513 yards and 10 Rushing TDs.

J: "When you talk about dual threats, he is one of the first names to come to mind in the entire NCAA. Dual threat guys can beat you two ways; with their arm, with their legs, or with their mental ability on the field."

A: :rolleyes: "Owens absolutely had a phenomenal year- the question on everyone's mind is will he be back? The Rockets are heading for the Sugar Bowl most likely against USF barring an upset in the CCG; if the Rockets take home that hardware look for Owens to cash in. Next, we have the running back position. This was another clear cut selection, as we went with Miami standout Erik Finklea."

HB - RS Soph Erik Finklea Miami OH 6'1 202
    289 att, 1624 yds, 5.6 avg, 18 TDs

J: "You know this guy isn't the most superior athlete out there, but he knows how to find holes and grind out yards. He reminds me a lot of a Peyton Hillis with how he runs; you can go ahead and get in the way, but your going to pay for it."

A: "Certainly hard to argue this selection as well. Just like Owens, Finklea will certainly have to take a long hard look at the NFL draft. The sophomore is also right behind Trent Richardson in the Heisman voting. If he wins that, you may as well wave goodbye. Our next position is tight end. This takes a special breed of athlete; one big enough to go out there and but heads with the meanest pass rushers in the conference, and then turn around and finesse their way through the passing game."

J: "There were a few good tight ends in the MAC this year, but in the end we went with Miami's fifth year senior Kendrick Bruton."

TE - RS SR Kendrick Bruton Miami OH 6'4 264
    48 rec, 725 yds, 7 TD
    A: "Bruton was a monster out on the field, catching passes and trampling defensive backs on his way to a great campaign. Look for this senior to here his name called come April. Moving further outside, we will now go over our WR selections. With a pass heavy MAC, we went with 3 WR's for our all conference team. Toledo's Eric Page, Western Michigan's Caleb Ravenell, and Temple's Malcolm Eugene were our picks."

RS SR Caleb Ravenell WMU 5'11 188
    80 rec, 1389 yds, 12 TDs

JR Eric Page Toledo 5'10 180
    43 rec, 912 yds, 15 TDs :: 38.4 yds avg KR, 4 KR TDs, 9.3 punt avg

JR Malcolm Eugene Temple 6'4 205
    41 rec, 944 yds, 7 TD

J: "Ya you know WR's are known for being the flashy, outspoken types but all three of these guys are model team mates and players. These are the guys that score a lot of points for teams, and the best way to win games is to score more points then the other team."

A: "Ah there you are John.. ahem, some things to note here are Ravenell's astonishing reception total, and Page's superb overall play making ability; accounting for 19 touchdowns on the season alone."

J: "A guy like Eric Page, I like to call 'double trouble'. He can beat you returning the football, or catching it- hehehehehe. So, ahh, anyways lets move to the offensive lineman. The offensive linemen are the biggest guys on the field, they're bigger than everybody else, and that's what makes them the biggest guys on the field."

A: "I would like to first note that this show is sponsored by the Redundancy Department of Redundancy- so lets take a look at our selections here:"

LT - RS FR Justin Stumph Miami OH 6'4 275
    7 pancakes, 2 sacks given up

LG - FR Dillon Guy Buffalo 6'5 320
    8 pancakes, 5 sacks given up

C - RS SR Scott Wedige NIU 6'4 314
    12 pancakes, 4 sacks given up

RG - RS SR Joe Pawlak NIU 6'5 301
    8 pancakes, 4 sacks given up

RT - RS JR Gokhan Ozkan Buffalo 6'7 320
    9 pancakes, 2 sacks given up

A: "These guys did a great job of pulverizing defenders, while also being smooth in the pass blocking game and keeping their quarterback off his back."

J: "Ya you know it's hard to run your offense when the defense is in your backfield all game Al. You need that open space in the backfield to operate your offense efficiently and can't have a bunch of defenders running around back there. It is important to note the nice mix of youth and experience you see here."

A: "Alright, we are going to take a quick break before flipping over to the defensive side."

*camera trails back and set begins to dim*

J: "Al did you remember to order my chicken bucket?"

• Like Like x 1
  22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

A: "Alright viewers, we are back and ready to dive into the defense."

J: "Oh come on Al, that was hardly even a pun."

A: :cool: "First off our the guys that sole mission in life is to demolish your teams quarterback. These are the meanest QB crunching, run stuffing, swim move movin players that the MAC has to offer. Our two defensive ends are Adrian Robinson of Temple and Freddie Bishop. Inside we selected Kelvin Jackson of Miami and Kadeem Curtis of Temple."

DE - SR Adrian Robinson Temple 6'2 250
    54 tkls, 29 TFL, 16.5 Sacks, INT, 3 FF, PD

RS JR Freddie Bishop WMU 6'4 253
    39 tkls, 16 TFL, 13.5 Sacks, 3 PD,

DT - RS SO Kelvin Jackson Miami OH 6'3 276
    37 tkls, 13 TFL, 10 Sacks, FF, FR

JR Kadeem Custis Temple 6'4 295
    42 tkls, 14 TFL, 8.5 Sacks, PD

J: "These are the guys that make a living in opponnents backfields. I think Robinson is going to translate very well go the NFL as a 3-4 rush OLB- he has a great mix of moves he can use and really has that high motor coaches talk about. He's a poor mans Clay Matthews."

A: "Sliding a couple yards back we have the best of the best running back wranglers in the MAC conference. Here you will find Akron's Brian Wagner, Toledo's Terrell Anderson, and Miami's Ryan Kennedy-- all remarkable linebackers with a fantastic nose for the ball."

SR Terrell Anderson Toledo 6'1 215
    101 tkls, 27 TFL, 3 Sacks, 9 INT, 6 PD, FF, TD

RS JR Brian Wagner Akron 6'2 220
    99 tkls, 27 TFL, .5 sacks, 3 INT, 2 PD, 6 FF, FR, TD

RS SR Ryan Kennedy Miami OH 6'1 226
    73 tkls, 19 TFL, 3.5 sacks, INT, FF

J: "Anderson has become a house hold name among MAC fans, but you really gotta take a second look at a guy like Brian Wagner. He is the throwback style of linebacker that just gets out there and gets after it. He is another one of those guys that doesn't have superior athleticism, but puts in the time and work to be one of the best. Here's a guy that can use his arms and legs at the same time; he has great balance and coordination on the field."

A: "Good stuff John, Wagner is certainly a feel good story coming from a down trodden Akron program. Next we will take a look at the corner backs. We have the big name DJ Brown from Miami, but on the flip side we also have little known gem Jason Pinkston from Ball State."

RS JR DJ Brown Miami OH 6'1 176
    52 tkls, TFL, 8 INT, 6 PD, 3 FR

JR Jason Pinkston Ball St 6'2 177
    37 tkls, 6 TFL, 7 INT, 3 PD, 2 TDs

J: "Yeah Al corner backs are crucial to a defense, they are out there to stop all these big name receivers we have seen emerge in the MAC. I would say if you lose your cornerback and your punter- well I'd call that a double loss. Another thing about these corner's is that a lot of them bring that swagger to a defense. I used to tell my players that I expect to win, and you know what Al? When you don't win, you lose; you need that attitude to your team."

A: "Phenomenal input John. Going back to the final frontier of the defense, we have the safeties. Both of these guys did a great job playing both the run and pass all season long. We have Miami's Anthony Kokal at FS, and Nothern Illinois' Tommy Davis at SS."

RS SR Anthony Kokal Miami OH 6'0 206
    97 tkls, 7 TFL, Sack, 5 INTs, 2 PD, FF, 2 FR, 2 TD

RS JR Tommy Davis NIU 5'11 201
    75 tkls, 7 TFL, .5 sacks, 3 INT, 5 PD, 2 FF

J: "Al, my brain hurts, can we be done?"

A: "Oh to hell with it sure, lets call it a day--- wait what? we have to do special teams too? Fuck that just show them the damn winne---"

K - SO Tyler Tate Bowling Green 6'1 185
    13-13 FGs, long of 45, 41-42 XPs, 6-6 on FGs between 40-49

P - RS SR Zack Campbell Akron 6'2 200
    66 punts, 35.1 avg, 16 inside 20, long of 61
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well my tank ran dry there at the end with ideas for what to have John and Al say haha. To sum things up, here is the complete short list of winners:

QB - Terrance Owens, Toledo

HB - Erik Finklea, Miami

TE - Kendrick Bruton, Miami

WR - Caleb Ravenell, WMU..Eric Page, Toledo..Malcolm Eugene, Temple

LT - Justin Stumph, Miami

LG - Dillon Guy, Buffalo

C - Scott Wedige, NIU

RG - Joe Pawlak, NIU

RT - Gokhan Ozkan, Buffalo

DE - Adrian Robinson, Temple...Freddie Bishop, WMU

DT - Kelvin Jackson, Miami...Kadeem Curtin, Temple

LB - Terrell Anderson, Toledo...Brian Wagner, Akron...Ryan Kennedy, Miami