MAC Players of the Week (1-3)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sawemoff, Apr 9, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    WEEK 1:
    OFFENSE:Coach Philstyle3005
    [​IMG]
    Junior QB Alex Carder from Western Michigan carved up the Georgia Bulldogs in the air and on the ground. He completed 25 of 35 passes, threw for 384 yards, 5 TDs and 1 INT. He was also able to score a TD with his legs and lead his team to a 49-24 victory.
    DEFENSE: Coach Kapono
    [​IMG]
    Senior MLB Terrell Anderson of Toledo was a menace to Army. He blew up plays left and right totaling 5 tackles, 4 of which were for losses, and he snagged two interceptions from Army QB Trent Steelman. His leadership helped contain the option attack and kept Army from lighting up the scoreboard.
    WEEK 2:
    OFFENSE: Coach -Cougars-
    [​IMG]
    Sophomore(RS) HB Branden Oliver straight up dominated FCS East and earned the right to be the MAC and NCAA Player of the Week. On 27 carries he gained 353 yards averaging 13 yards a pop and also got into the endzone 4 times. Buffalo dominated the contest and won 65-12.
    DEFENSE: Coach -Cougars-
    [​IMG]
    Junior(RS) LE Steven Means did exactly the same thing as his teammate Branden Oliver did in earning both accolades from the NCAA and MAC. In the drumming of FCS East, Means tallied 5 tackles, 4 tackle for loss, 2 sacks, and forced a fumble.
    WEEK 3:
    OFFENSE: Coach Kapono
    [​IMG]
    Sophomore(RS) Terrance Owens could not be stopped by Boise State, which proved very fatal for the Broncos. The Rockets QB 373 total yards and 5 total TDs. The most spectacular play was his 41 yard dash to the endzone. He made people miss and broke a tackle before going into the endzone untouched. With this man in charge they won by a score of 52-3.
    DEFENSE: Coach Philstyle3005
    [​IMG]
    Senior MLB Mitch Zajac used his hard hitting abilities to knock back Central Michigan enough for the Western Michigan offense to take the game in hand. He may not have been fast enough to make any tackles himself but he did keep busy by helping out his teammates and being there when they needed him. He wound up having 8 assisted tackles, 2 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery. Western Michigan would up winning the game late in the 4th quarter 31-24.
    Give a hand to these athletes that work hard day in and day to contribute to each of their team's success. Congratulations!​

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

sawemoff between this and TMFL, you're quickly becoming my favorite member. Nice write up man.

3. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Thanks man. I had this idea for awhile and just needed to get it out there. With me working nights it has been easy to come up with content and it shouldn't change when I go back to days in a couple of weeks.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Fuck you too buddy

5. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Great job with this!

• Like Like x 1
  6. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

-Cougars- if you ever rack up 300 some ysrds with your RB (especially vs FCS ) we're having a serious talk. Idk how that game slipped through the cracks when I did the schedules, but that kind of shit should never happen.
    Cmon man.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Actually, he's suspended for the next two games -Cougars- . Reply so I kow you know this.

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Ok

• Like Like x 1
  10. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Sorry -Cougars- this wasn't meant to get you in trouble :(

11. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

It's ok lol it doesn't affect me much I have another solid RB.

12. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

So if we throw for 400 yards with our qb vs FCS is that a suspension?

13. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

IMHO...playing SIM vs the CPU means that if your winning big you shouldn't be feeding 1 RB 30 times. You should be subbing in other RBs and then you would have 2 or 3 RBs totaling 300 yards rushing for the team. If you've got a lot of yards passing early that's one thing but if you keep passing just to be a stat whore well then you're exactly that! Against an FCS team kids gotta get subbed in...Anyone here remember the days Florida, Florida St and Nebraska domination? Players with huge stats were done at halftime and the backups mopped up...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

yea i know i was just joking lol but yea i see what you are saying

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'd call you a stat whore for sure.

• Like Like x 1