MAC Players of the Week (4-6)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sawemoff, Apr 15, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Week 4:
    Offense- Temple JR RB Bernard Pierce
    [​IMG]
    In a come from behind performance Pierce rallied the Owls over Maryland, 48-38. For the most part he was kept in check, but once the Maryland defense wore down Pierce had his way. In the 4th Quarter he score 3 times stunning the Terrapin faithful. In total he rushed for 188 yards on 30 attempts with 3 TDs.
    Defense- Northern Illinois JR MLB Devon Butler​
    [​IMG]
    After a year from being shot and in critical condition, Devon became MAC's Defensive Player of the Week with a stellar performance. Butler was all over the field and was the main contributor in keeping Kansas State out of the endzone. His 6 tackles, forced fumble and interception boosted Northern Illinois to a 27-9 victory.​
    Week 5:
    Offense- Western Michigan JR QB Alex Carder
    [​IMG]
    In an overtime thriller, Carder led the Broncos to a 53-52 victory in Connecticut. Alex started off horribly and struggled to get it together with throwing 5 interceptions but that would not deny him from running into the endzone. On four separate occasions he found himself breaking tackles and making defenders miss to get into the endzone using his legs. When the defense keyed on him he pulled up and was able to throw for 633 yards and 3 TDs. This performance earned him NCAA Player of the Week as well.
    Defense- Western Michigan SR SS Scott Hinds
    [​IMG]
    Your other Week 5 MAC and NCAA Defensive Player of the Week is none other than Alex Carder's teammate Scott Hinds. While Carder was scoring, Hinds was trying his best to hold UConn's offense in check. It felt like he was doing it all his self with the defense giving up 52 points. Nevertheless he made 7 tackles, 4 sacks, and forced a fumble.
    Week 6:
    Offense- Miami(OH) SO RB Erik Finklea
    [​IMG]
    Against the #1 Defense Eric was able to accrue 234 yards on 26 carries. The bruiser kept knocking back the Louisville defenders and just wore them out. Once Miami saw the winded defense QB Zac Dysert was able to pick them apart for a couple of TDs. Finklea only was able to get into the endzone once but it was the nail that closed the coffin. With two minutes left he sealed the 35-23 victory with a 43 yard TD.
    Defense- Temple SR RE Adrian Robinson
    [​IMG]
    After losing their first conference game, the Temple Owls got back into the win column. The defense still gave up 390 yards but did enough to get the 10 point victory over Ball State. Robison lead the team in tackles, 6, tackle for loss, 5, and sacks, 3. He was also able to force a fumble but none of his teammates could get on it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

hell of a job sawemoff .. great work buddy

3. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

(y) CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

4. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Still waiting for a player of the week nomination... :(

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Finklea is dominating so far, damn

6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yea, he is a freaking wrecking ball in the running lanes. He fits well in my pro-style offense and already has rushed for 1,000 yards lol

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I'm glad y'all like them. It seriously isn't much but I try to have something new for y'all to read. Kasper that story about your MLB was crazy. When I googled his name for a picture the story came up about him being shot and my jaw dropped.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Shit i wasnt even aware til you posted it