Madden 11 $29.99, Would you buy it?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Nautica, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/search/?keywords=madden+11

I rented madden when it first came out and wasn't a huge fan of it, and now that the price of it has dropped I am debating on picking it up. I have been looking at Madden for a couple of weeks now as the NHL series this year has been a total disappointment(took them 2 months to come out with a roster update on a roster file that mirrored 10, and a patch that is supposed to be released on the 12th that reads like a thesis paper!).

How are the madden leagues doing right now as they would be a complete change from NCAA and are there any leagues utilizing the Online Franchise manager site for salary cap and FA's?

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The TMFL is relaunching this weekend with the freshly minted roster update and kicking off with a rookie draft (season 2.)

We have a fully functional salary cap system that myself and Seachicken manage. I have a thread in the new member lounge that you can checkout that should give you all the details about the league. Feel free to contact me with questions or whatever you need man.

We'd love to have ya. However, the Bills are mine homeslice.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

to my understanding this has almost 32 owners right? If that is so I would rather be in a 12-16 member league so that there is a good balance of CPU and User games as my schedule does conflict with others

4. Keller

We dont have 32 no. Our goal is to get there, so yeah it might not be for you, but I don't think we'll get there either. If you checkout the team selection thread you'll see how many people we're missing. In all likelihood more will be dropping soon due to inactivity or not checking in or something to that effect. My goal for this season is just to have 2 teams per division at the very least. Right now we have more than that but we'll see how it all shakes out.

You gotta do what you gotta do tho man. I know those other shifts are tough.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

My thoughts are that 2 teams per division is a perfect #. It is just way to hard to manage way to many people like 12, hell in NCAA its hard enough to manage 11 other guys so I can only imagine how it is in a 32 team madden league.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I would buy if for $29.99 only if I could trade it in on a new game for $40.:)

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I had this discussion the other day with another TSO member. If next year has an upgraded OF system (slider support is key), I would be more inclined to do something with about 2 guys per division. This is what attracts me to the NCAA ODs, the mere fact I have a full season of games against the CPU and only a handful of user games. This helps keep things running at a healthy clip as managing 32 owners is an administrative nightmare.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

that is what I am thinking about for next years game, I would really like to get a league going to run side by side with my guys in RMG.

9. Keller

Problem is, with Madden, it's always "next year this, next year that." They keep failing to deliver.

I'm not saying I won't buy it next year, because I inevitably will but I am saying I'm not expecting much of an upgrade despite their previously public statements about focusing this year on upgrading Offline and Online Franchise.

This year isn't bad, it just takes some work. I don't mind really, it just prevents me from being in other leagues because of the time commitment.

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Failing to deliver is right!

Prime example: It's become clear throughout the community that there is little defense this year. What was the focus for the first patch, getting the breast cancer awareness menu pushed to everyone.

11. Keller

What did Madden 11 deliver anyways? Madden Moments? More Ultimate Team upgrades? Gameflow. Okay fine, needs to be more fleshed out but the idea is solid, fine. Scouting reports? HA. Another way to extract money out of me, lol. These should be in the game already, pre game.

So really we got gameflow. And would I have rather had gameflow than OF upgrades? Absolutely not. I don't even use it, I just see the potential in it.

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

There is definitely potential with it. I tried it and gave up too quick as I had nor the time or patience to construct my own Gameplan.

13. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Try $20.86 with free shipping.

Coupon code: EAPARTNERS2010

14. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Tried getting it with that code and it was $41.96.

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, I just saw that. The price went back up. I guess it ended shortly after I posted. I checked this morning and it was $21.

Sorry.