Madden 11 demo impressions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PepperNY, Jul 27, 2010.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Madden 11 demo impressions

I downloaded the demo and played like 2 series before I had to leave for work. Played as the Colts, fumbled on the openening kickoff, missed a FG badly from 47 yards out as it will take me awhile to get used to the new kicking meter. 2nd series threw a pick to Cromartie. Man is that Jets defense sick. Looking forward to playing more when I get home

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Damnit, don't get me excited.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I haven't downloaded it yet. Where do I go to download on PS3? I looked on the playstation store, but no luck.

4. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I dont think its avail for ps3 yet, I downloaded it from xbox live, they seem to get all the demos before ps3 does.

5. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

somehow, it seems that demos are easier to upload to Xbox's then Ps3's. first Ncaa Now Madden, I'm getting really F****ing tired of this pissing around by Sony and Playstation. Just release the demo already.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think it's because PS3 only updates their store once or twice a week at certain times. So this sucks for us folks that have only ps3's because we've had 2 xbox 360s that broke on them and are tired of crappy xbox machines....

Sorry, bit of a rant. I'm better now. :)

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I heard TO is going to the JETS wtf Rex

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

That's a load of crap. It's not happening...

9. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I think he's going to the Bengals

10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'm 99% certain that the Jets have very little interest in signing him. There just isn't room for him and we certainly don't need his cancerous ass messing up the locker room atmosphere, which is great right now.

As for the game, I want to DL this as soon as possible. Can't wait to play!

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah prob the bengals.......but there is still a possibility

12. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

There is also the possibility of my head imploding. I'll keep you updated on that...:cool:

13. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

14. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

ok its out im downloading it

15. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Be careful with the Jets you know what happens every time they actually have expectations....

16. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Also when 2011 drops if anyone wants to deal for TO let me know lol...

17. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

yep....well aware..

18. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Falcons may be looking for a To type WR.

19. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Patriots are interested.

20. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Just finished a game, here are my impressions of the game.

Pros

Graphics - Alot of people have said that the graphics look choppy and much worse than previous years. I say "ahahahahahah." The graphics look superb and the move very smooth in the game. The only feature that caught me off guard was that there was no in between speed, no jog or slow run, just sprint. Turns out there is an auto sprint feature. GOTTA TURN THAT OFF. No idea why they would include that.

Alot of new animations to go along with the locomotion, including sideline catches. The trajectory of the ball seems much more realistic too. Seems like the hit sticks are much more violent in this year's game. Players look more like their actual self.

Kicking - Man I had the biggest issue with the meter that Madden has had in the previous years. Why, you ask? Because it was so damn easy to make every FG, there was no realism to it. If they were in FG range, chances were that they would make it. Here we have a power accuracy bar, and if you miss the accuracy marker on the way down, it will make you pay. I missed a 36 yard FG, my timing was a bit off. Gotta get used to that. Also, the more power you put into it, the closer you need to be to the accuracy line when you kick it. It will punish you for kicking too hard but not giving it enough accuracy, so kick with caution!

Coordinator talk - Yes, if you want to disable it, you can. I found it cool at first, but I can see myself turning him off. Basically your O or D coordinator will tell you what to look for in every play. Each play has a specific design, so they tell you where to pass the ball, or what receiver could be wide open. It's almost like a tutor. It can get annoying though if you like to take the reigns yourself and have 100% say and control over the game.

Nifty feature, not for me but I can see some people liking it.

Cons

Strategy Pad - First off, let me say that this feature got absolutely ripped to shreds on the EA boards. It's not nearly as bad as they say, but what it is, is something new that messes with our ability to pre-snap adjust on the fly because we don't know the buttons off the bat. All the pre-snap movements, shifts, player audibles come from the strategy pad. You press the d-pad in a particular direction to toggle a position, then another one toggle what you want them to do. At first, it's pain in the ass, but once you realize that Dline shift is left, left...you will do it so fast it wont even bother you. I liked the old style of pre-snap adjustments, but this will do. Not sure why they changed it....

Gameflow - Not a fan of having the CPU decide what play you run. It takes away your control as a playcaller. The CPU doesn't know what you want to run, and IMO is gonna be a waste of a feature. I plan on keeping my playcalling style set at conventional, which allows you to pick your own plays from the block of 3 plays that we are so used to seeing.

I will add more thoughts as I play more, but so far I think this game is solid.

21. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

bills WANT HIM BACK Dammit. lol trust me, we WILL find a way to get his arse back to buffalo

22. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Pros

Passing - No more completed passes or INTs. The QB's now will actually throw the ball errant if they are being pressured, or if you aim it too much in one direction. I found that Sanchez overthrew a simple in route, a deep route, and grounded an pass to a drag over the middle, all due to pressure. No more of this garbage where they throw strikes everytime if they can get it off. Unless you are Manning or Brees, or course....

Run blocking - Looks like they instilled the NCAA system, showing the blocks, double teams, and 2nd level blocks. Pretty cool, and a definite upgrade over the previous Madden blocking system.

23. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

There goes your Madden 11 season. Enjoy the view up in the AFC East.(y)

24. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I still threw for 200 yards and was running for over 6 ypc. I won 28-7.

25. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Hulk you can have him right now for Spiller :)