Madden 11 Demo

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by thafuture3886, Jul 28, 2010.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Madden 11 Demo

Anybody else play the demo? I played it last night for a bit but didn't really have much time to delve into it but from what I played I enjoyed. The dual stick will take some getting used to but the game definitely felt different from Madden 10, at least from my perspective. I've read on multiple sites on how the strategy pad is the worst thing ever in madden but honestly I didn't have a problem with it, it's just different from the norm that everyone is used to but i believe it'll be optional when the game officially drops next month.

Anybody else's thoughts??

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I downloaded it last night and hope to get a chance to see how it is sometime this morning... I'm pretty excited to see how different/same it is. To be honest, I like when they change things up. Yes, sometimes it is for the better, and other times it is for the worse. But it certainly puts everyone on an even playing field of sorts.

3. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

I completed two deep bombs with Manning... not over Revis of course! I am glad its back because it'll force you to actually keep a Safety over the top of an elite receiver or you will pay, this will help open up the rest of the defense.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

thats good to hear. I only had time for one series. Tried gameflow and my "coach" called 4 straight play action plays to start out the game haha. Needless to say I might not be into that new feature.

5. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Got my first user pick in man coverage over Dallas Clark... it was sweet...

6. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

I am lost. I was a dpad guy to move my players and now that is gone. I have tried in the past to use joysticks but it didnt feel natural. My learning curve this year is going to be huge

7. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Wow, I didn't even realize that still worked (up until now, anyway). That sucks man, but it will be second nature in no time.

8. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

the d-pad and kicking meter will take some getting used to

9. CHUNKNESS

Yeah, I had a feeling they were going to force us to change eventually which was why I did so with last year's Madden. Whew.

My general impressions of the demo...

I played two complete games. One as the Jets at the All-Madden level with all the bells and whistles on. The other as the Colts at the All-Pro level and I used the menu to turn off the coordinator calls and the gameflow feature. OK, so those two features are a complete waste, but whatever.

I liked the All-Pro level better, but I can't say my opinion will remain the same until I've had time to play around with the actual game. Maybe it's only because I had the coordinator and gameflow features off, who knows... What I do know is that anyone who said that M11 is just the same version of M10 was giving us pure, plain bull. I, personally, think the game has a different feel to it, which is a good thing.

As John had indicated, we can actually go over the top in M11. I even picked on Revis to test this and it worked just fine. I love the blocking improvements for both the running and the pasisng game. The pre-snap controls and audibles will definately take some getting used to, but it's nice to have all that on the Dpad. It's too soon to judge since I haven't used it enough yet. I'm sure someone will be screaming for the old controls.

Another cool thing that I saw was the CPU controlled Jets attempted a 53 yard FG against me and it was blocked. I only saw ONE "fight for the fumble" in both games and I did not see any chain gang animations (wierd). All-in-all, I was impressed with what I saw, but I'm going to defer judgement until I have the actual game in hand.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the new kicking meter. That, too, will take some getting used to, but I like that it isn't a "gauranteed" field goal and/or punt anymore.

10. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Yea gamflow and cordin. are wastes I haven't even bothered. All-Pro feels realistic, but I haven't tried All-Madden.

11. LtJustice

Played my first game, I was Colts at home.

Gameflow looks to be more for the casual gamer, might be good for my son since he still doesn't quite understand all the different plays.

I saw quite a few injuries, especially in the 4th quarter.

I completed a deep bomb over Revis.

One concern was I had three int's by my d-line, all on errant throws as the qb was being tackled. I took two back for TDs.

I like the new kicking meter.

One really cool thibg I liked was a hail mary the opponent tried at the end, it looked like a real hail mary, withy everyone gathered in a group to try to get the ball.

All in all, I was pretty happy with the demo and am looking forward to the actual release.

12. CHUNKNESS

What level did you play at Jim?

13. redlishus

Learning curve has been conquered. Bring it on bitches!

14. LtJustice

I was playing on All Pro

15. Phenom

Phenom Walk On

Played one game of the demo and so far my concern is being able to quickly make adjustments to line, LB's, & secondary with the D-Pad. Maybe once it becomes second nature it won't be an issue. I do like the new kicking meter though.

16. redlishus

EA has said that the pc is snapping faster than normal. This will most likely be fixed already or will be fixed via patch.

17. Phenom

Phenom Walk On

Yeah the PC waits for no one. It's going to take me a little longer to call the right audible on D but I guess most of us will have to make that same adjustment as well.