Madden 11/GameStop purchase

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by BigSmooth33, Aug 10, 2010.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Jan 6, 2010
    Madden 11/GameStop purchase

So today was probably my most successful GameStop shopping ever...

I traded in MLB 10 The Show, Batman:Arkham Asylum, and Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2 for Madden 11 and with my power card (or whatever it was called) and my GameStop Edge membership, GameStop gave me $5.31 for Madden 11. (y)

I was pretty pleased with the purchase, considering all I'll be playing for the next 8 months is Madden/NCAA 11.

I then took $5 from my refund and put it down on reserving NBA 2K11.

Not bad. I'm pretty pleased with the shopping today and wondered what other TF'ers do with older copies of games. Are there better alternatives to GameStop for older/unused games?
  2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Feb 13, 2010
    We have a hastings where i live and they usually offer more cash/ store credit than gamestop. U definately got a better deal than most i've heard trading at gamestop.
  3. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Jul 1, 2010
    I usually put my games on this local forum that is based around my town. I can put it for more then what GS will give me and less for what they will sell it for.

I sold Madden 10, COD MW 1 and MW 2 and Head Coach 09 and got $50 though. Then I sold my rock band 2 game and instruments I hadn't played in a year for $40 to a local kid. Not bad for games I never touched anymore.
  4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Apr 14, 2010
    The power card really helps. I forget what % it tacks on to your trade in but its something like 20%
  5. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Jul 22, 2010
    I never waste money reserving anything at gamestop, I've yet to go in their looking for a game and have it be sold out.