Madden 11 Gus Johnson commentary

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by HotRod, Jun 2, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Madden 11 Gus Johnson commentary

I'm assuming most of you share the dislike of Tom Hammond's monotone commentary in the past few Maddens. Well take a look at his vid as it gives an example of what the commentary will be like in Madden 11. This year will introduce Gus Johnson as the new voice of Madden. This is a pre-alpha version of the commentary but damn this is quite the improvement. Johnson is awesome in this vid, and I love how they crack jokes and give other random commentary in between plays. Listen for part referencing Elizabeth Hasselbeck. It seems like Johnson's part of the commentary is more polished as the other dude can be heard coughing and randomly chuckling during the shit, lol. Anyway thought I'd share for those looking forward to Madden 11.

[YOUTUBE]uWTkF3qu3O8[/YOUTUBE]

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Looks like they dumped Colinsworth as well. Bout time they got a little less boredom in the announcers voices.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah collinsworth is gone I believe. They audio guy in the beginning of the vid said they want to get a little more excitement going in the play by play. Also note that the color commentary guy may not be the guy in this vid. WHich is good cause that guy sucks after listening through more closely. I really hope there's more of a stadium atmosphere in this version though. NCAA has had it somewhat but it was lacking in Madden.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea I agree. Madden better improve ALOT this year or I won't waste my money like I did last year.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Actually Collinsworth is still there, he is now like the "John Madden" from what I was reading on OS. Also this vid was for some of CD guys from a site with a Japenese name. That's the person you heard coughing and chuckling in the background. On OS their is a link to the site with this vid.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ugh...that's a disappointment...I don't care for Colinsworth...he's an a-hole lol

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I really hate when they stay stupid stuff in madden. I heard one here like 1 minute in. After the few play drive = "They have great field position at the 6!". No SH!T!

8. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

"MY NAME IS AL HARRINGTON, and I GET BUCKETS."

I love Gus Johnson.