Madden '11 Impressions

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by JerzeyReign, Jul 29, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Madden '11 Impressions

Any out there? I know I enjoy the game and kind of wished NCAA would use their player models. I know some folks complain about them being 'skinny' but it helps with the spacing and makes everything seem 'spread out'.

I enjoy the game from the demo so far. I like the fact that they have given us slider heads an opprotunity to adjust sliders and see what works and what doesn't and the 5 minute quarters are a plus.

A little thing that made me say wow last night was the fact that I blocked a FG. No grabbing the 'safety' or whoever watches for fakes (we called him the safety in HS as in Safety net) and bringing him hell bent from the edge. I just picked FG block and my team got great penetration and I pushed triangle (PS3 version) and got a hand on it. And it wasn't a jailbreak looking scene either I still had a blocker in front of me but on a long FG attempt the kicker had to aim low and I got a hand on it. Great moment from me.

Gameflow is actually going to be a great feature IF you use it correctly. I was reading the chatroom and someone stated the CPU called 4 straight PA passes for him or something like that. I sat there and played/set up my gameplan and they actually called a pretty good game. Only a couple times did I change a run to pass and that was because I seen the blitz coming and yes I had P.Manning, lol.

The strategy pad is fine in my opinion they just need to make the CPU take a little more time under center. I enjoy it because it will eliminate all the nano blitzers online.

What are y'all thoughts on the game so far?

2. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Im getting the game on the 4th or 5th, Ill post some of course

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I found the gameplay to be improved from last years game. That was nice. I wasn't really wowed by the demo. The strategy pad is kinda dumb IMO. Why switch up something that they have been doing for many years now? It''s going to take some time to adjust to that change. I also felt it was difficult to get pressure on the QB.

WRs actually dragging their feet on the sidelines is always nice to see after the crap they did in Madden 10. Kickoff blocking is pretty bad. You can pretty much get to the returner untouched everytime.

Hopefully these things have been tuned up in the final release. Still sucks nothing has been done with the Online Franchise mode.

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I only played 1 game of the demo but the CPU DL was ridiculous on run plays on AllMadden, I don't think I gained positive yardage on the ground, they'd bust through everytime.

Also I wish they had NCAA's pass rush for your DL, Freeney just kinda stays put when you try to do any pass rush moves, where in NCAA you can turn the guy and spin off him etc. I felt like the move stick did nothing in Madden.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Gameplan makes no sense to me. Won't this just result in cheesers running the same plays over an over that work. Wouldn't you rather have the whole playbook to work with??

Playing the demo now...

6. score23

score23 Walk On

im not to impressed with the game. i hate the kicking meter, changing your defensive strategy after the u call your play is a really difficult. lots of break tackles when your running. i just think it's a step back with madden 11

7. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Have played one game, so im not speaking from a position of heavy use. Gameflow..........I agree with Hova on the surface. But in thinking it over, I love the concept of reality and using only a few plays. reality is, teams run from a list of under 50 plays, thats why you hear commentators talking about guys like Todd Haley who use formations and motion to disguise the same basic plays.

Strat pad sucks because of its learning curve. it will suck a lot less here in the league, than vs CPU. In some ways it does feel like the Defense has been dumbed down. Madden has been missing the DL logic for ever, LBs and CBs get sacks while DEs dont. thats still broken, Freeney is a non factor. instead of a terror. when in reality he is the 2nd best player on the Colts.

I'll be playing more tonight and over the weekend to get more of a feel.

8. trutest

trutest Walk On

Ok so I found a way to get the full game already and I'm pretty happy with the results. There's a few things I think some of us will have to get used to like the strategy pad and gameplay but for the most part I think we have a better version of madden compared to last yr.

From what I've read, the online franchise is the same. The one BIG thing everyone wanted was a salary cap and they ignored it.

Great game so far though

9. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

They are gonna patch in the old pre play commands they also stated a few months back that they were not making any franchise changes until madden 12.

10. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Link? (To them patching in the old preplay menu).

Yeha OF is screwed again. which is why TMFL will last 2 seasons and croak again. while we all wait for Madden 12.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Obama is in the Game:)

12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I think thats the second time I've heard that.... in what capacity?

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

All Madden is insane. I am getting manhandled with the lions in my offline chise

14. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

All-pro is easy... for now, of course I have the Super Bowl Contending Carolina Panthers, so maybe All-pro is just easy with an elite team. :D

15. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

The same capacity he stay in: Doing nothing

If they're going to put him in a game though I wish it would be Cabela's Big Game Hunter.(y)

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The secret services is gearing up and en route to Papa's house as we speak. Love the comment though.

17. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Easy Bro!!!!!

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

SPOILER!!!!!!

Don't wanna give anything away but play the Super Bowl game, win it and watch... actually the best Super Bowl celebration ever for this franchise... or any for that matter

19. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

why do they keep changing the kick meter....

20. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Same reason for the Strategy Pad, to change things up and appeal to the masses. Rather keep things stale, I think they prefer to add new features, even if it results in an unhappy community.

To be honest, now that I've played a few games, I am getting much faster with the Strategy Pad. Hell, I'm even tuning my gameplan and playing about 50% of my plays with the Gameflow feature.

21. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I actually kind of like the new kicking meter. With the old one I never missed a FG. At least with this one there's less room for error, if you don't hit it at the right spot on the meter you will miss it. I like that.

As far as the strategy pad, I'm getting used to it but then I go back to play NCAA and it messes me up. Hell even the play call screen screws me up because it's different between the two games.

22. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Totally in agreement on this. Especially on the playcalling screen. Not used to using 3 buttons to choose a play as opposed to NCAA. This would be the only piece I wish was standard among the 2 EA titles.