Madden 11: Minimal Franchise and Online Franchise updates

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Jun 11, 2010.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

So basically we are stuck with what Online Franchise was in Madden 10 until Madden 12 comes out in 14 months? Great job EA :(

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Guess that seals the deal, not buying Madden for second year in a row

4. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

and the wait begins.... but those listed improvements should be good enuff to hold me over, personally

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Makes my decision easy to not get Madden... Goin to be hard for the TFers in the Madden leagues though.

You all are going to be busy with scheduling stuff out, probably should use Leaguedaddy for it

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea, i might be taking the year off from Madden AGAIN!!!

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I can understand no online updates (still BS) but no OFFLINE franchise updates?? WTF. What is the point of buying the game? So you can press one button to run offense for the madden special kids. What terrible news

8. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

This only adds to the certainty that I will not be picking up a Madden game for the third year in a row.

9. scarface

scarface Walk On

sad part about online franchise is if you ever played madden 01-02 on PC there was online franchise and it was AWESOME to say the least it had everything, and yet 8 years later on systems/consoles that are more powerful than the PC's back then they give us a watered down version and say it was not used, though not saying it was not used much because it was crap.

10. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Well damn, ain't that a bitch. I kind of don't want to buy the game now and I'm the TMFL commish. Thanks EA.

11. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I'm probably in the minority, but I agree with the move EA is making. If you look at other video games, they have plenty of time in order to get the game the way they want it. Madden has core issues that we have all known about since their move to next gen. I believe it's not enough time in one year to rewrite all the code for Franchise mode....

So with that said would we rather have franchise mode with continuous small additions but the same core problems for years to come. Or sacrifice improvements one year in order to have a better franchise product going forward.

People always want improvements in these games, but then aren't willing to sacrifice certain things in order to get there. I am BIG on fixing the core first. They are getting gameplay right this year, and then franchise mode the next... That's how you want to do it. If there's an issue you have to fix it from the ground up, band-aids only cause more problems while avoiding the key issues. (Example, NBA 2K10 patch with the big-man 3's).

I'll probably try to rent Madden on Gamefly... The way things are looking I may not play it online this year, and will stick to NCAA.

12. jkhaalis991

I feel you HotRod. I was waiting to see about the improvements to online franchise for Madden 11 to see if I wanted to get on the waiting list for TMFL. Now with this news, not sure I'm gonna even buy it.

I also remember EA saying they can easily add stuff to online franchise on Madden 10 because the would just put it on the server & still they have not added a damn thing to it.

13. jkhaalis991

Nothing against you Shino but.....F THAT!!!! When NCAA 09 came out with online dynasty, they hit a homerun IMO. When NCAA 10 came out, another homerun IMO. Madden came out with online franchise & it hit a single. Now you are telling me I have to wait another year b4 you can improve the online franchise? How is that NCAA can get it right the 1st time & Madden can't get it right after 2 tries?

14. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

My personal opinion.....I think NCAA had a lot of things right when they went to online dynasty. Dynasty mode was the reason I switched from Madden to NCAA. It was all around better..... Madden still have stats, glitches, and a whole lot of other issues that makes franchise mode frustrating for me. So NCAA online was easier because the core of their Dynasty mode was all ready good. They did not need to rebuild anything. I think the issue when they took Madded online was a lot of things were wrong, because of this there were certain things they could not do. If the logic/code is bad offline, then how can you make it work online??? Especially when you add the human element of that many users. That's why I do not believe the two can be prepared. It's like NCAA was pro-ready, so it was easy to adjust. Madded still needed some work in the amateurs to get it's fundamentals right before trying to jump into the pros.... And without solid fundamentals it would not work in the pros, or it will take a long time to get where needed to be.

15. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Same here.

I think all the updates to NCAA as compared to madden this year tells you which game EA sees as the new flagship for football gaming IMO.

16. scarface

scarface Walk On

17. PlanetLongBeach

PlanetLongBeach Walk On

that kinda sucks! But I hope they at least changed was the ability to add ncaa roster to online dynasty! The one cool thing is the NY superbowl in 2014 too, thats pretty dope!

18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I haven't bought madden on the next-gen consoles. I thought the Head Coach platform was great. Too bad they couldn't manage to incorporate it into the Madden titles IMO. More time to play NCAA.

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

haven't bought it since '08 why start now lol

20. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Very disappointing news. IMO Madden 10 was light years ahead of NCAA 10 in terms of quality gameplay. However, the online franchise has major holes (no FA/salary cap, coaching changes etc...)

Now, if NCAA 11 finally delivers in terms of gameplay I may not purchase Madden this year as I just don't see much improvement (yet) that makes it worthy of a $60 purchase.

21. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I agree with CLW, I think NCAA is taking over Madden this year. The issue was always that Madden was a step ahead of NCAA gameplay and physics wise. With updates to both consoles and improvements to the already very popular Online dynasty it makes me want to go gung ho on NCAA.

22. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I wonder who made the business decision to not improve online franchise? After seeing what it has done for the NCAA series, it's hard to believe...

23. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

EA has often said there are HUGE differences between their "core" NCAA gamers and their "core" Madden gamers.

If I am not mistaken, I believe the paragraph where EA announces no changes are being made to Madden 11 Franchise/Online Franchise that those modes were the LEAST used in the game.

EA no doubt has the data to back this up. From what I can tell, EA believes that their Madden core only cares about online play now games and their NCAA core cares about dynasty.

24. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Ironically, the Online Franchise is used least because so many are unhappy about the functionality of it...it's a viscous cycle.

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think they are workin' on locomotion/physics similar to BackBreakers. I think they wanna blow Madden '12 out. They'll still have plenty of sales from casual gamers. I really think their just saving some loot so they can unveil something great for '12. Just my 2 cents though

Carry On