Madden 12 Format

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

2 Questions: Advance pace and league size. If you have other concerns please voice them, but these are my main concerns for the time being.

Advance pace - 2 or 3 times a week? Either Wednesday/Saturday like the first few seasons OR Mon/Wed/Sat like we are doing this season. Which do you prefer and why?

League Size - 3 teams per division or a full 4 teams per division? Having 1 CPU team per division is preferable to some folks.

Please weigh in - this will affect a lot of other decisions I have to make with regards to new guys coming into the league. If you don't say anything, I will be forced to make the decision I feel is best.

2. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

The way I see it...

The amount of user teams we have affects the decision on the advance pace.

The more teams we have the more time we need to advance in order to have scheduling done. Especially when game recaps verse users are going to required.

As for the numbers for the league...

I like the more the merrier theory to an extent. As long as we find the right owners, I would like to have as many user games as possible(All 4 teams as users in my division). I think if we had a somewhat of a probationary period for new owners and cut out the ones that are not what we are looking for and end up with low to mid 20's like we had, thats fine too.

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Advance pace- I cannot maintain a super pace like we are doing now (3x a week) with human opponents. When I was in school and single I could but life and work and wife and being an adult wont let me. BUT I'm only one of 32 slots.
    How many owners- I love playing in 32/32 that way no one gets a free ride. plus its just more fun. I love beating the CPU's ass as much as the next guy. But beating a human (which happens less often for me) is a whole different level.

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I am of mind having a slimmer league at a faster pace. Personally, it is harder to keep as much interest with a slower pace as I get more interested in my faster paced NCAA dynasties as I have more invested into them. This also lets us actually develop draft classes and progress through all of our player's contracts and really weight the age factor. I even kind of like the idea David is doing in his PS3 madden franchise where they simulate part of the season each year. Doing that helps reward good GMs as well as on the field play.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

This.

6. Keller

I have done this in the past - it is something we would need to vote on however. Basically we play a full season one season, then simulate the next regular season and only play playoffs. Then play a full season then sim regular season. It actually worked out pretty nicely.

7. ChickenOfTheSea

This would be interesting.....

8. Keller

Its a nice deterrent to people drafting and starting 50ovr LBers players with 94spd. I was hoping Madden would give me the ability to modify those players and remove them from the draft classes but that doesn't appear to be the case this year. Less 90+spd linebackers and TE's and hell DE's as crazy as that sounds. Less 96+spd WRs and CB's as well. Too many Moss clones out there.

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Maybe not sim an entire season, but a portion of each season.

10. Keller

Why only a portion? How do you determine what portion? It seems like it makes more sense just to sim the entire regular season and let the chips fall where they may.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Well just arbitrarily choose x number of weeks that the entire league sims, like weeks 5-10 or something. This way you feel a part of every season. You also arent handed a possible 0-5 or 0-6 start if the first weeks are simmed, and the cpu doesnt blow your season if the final weeks are simmed.

12. Keller

Except the CPU can go 0-5 or 0-6 in the middle of your season just as easily.

If I'm getting on board with simming anything, its going to be for an entire regular season.

13. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

yes but atleast you dont start 0-6 and they dont tank your last several games. Simming an entire season gives more of a disconnect, but I wouldnt be against it either...

14. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Personally I feel simming the seasons gets us away from the NFL current rosters and more to a NCAA game format where it is just names and numbers .I dont know about you guys but I enjoy using my team because of the players.

I think if we sim our seasons, by the end of the franchise we will look on our rosters and see no one we recognize. It would take some of the NFL feel out of it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ChickenOfTheSea

Some great points.

16. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I dont like the simming idea because I just think thats a way to get through seasons quicker, I mean we got 5 seasons in and we started in November. I would also like to advance twice a week because its gonna be more users and we are gonna need the time. Free Agency is way too long, I think we take a week or more for it that could be time to get in games. More users the better or up the difficulty to all madden so we can get some type of challenge vs the cpu the way it is now its just a free win.

17. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I'd like to see 32 good owners, but that's probably asking too much. So maybe fill the league with as many pre-screened owners and weed out the bad ones once the season is under way. As for the advance pace... well that will depend on the number of owners. I like the fast paced schedule, but it's difficult when you have say more than 14 owners. Realistically though, with a large league let's keep it at a Wed & Sat advance.

18. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I have 32 owners and we decided on a 72hr adv schedule. How does that sound? Instead of 2 or 3 days a weeks just every 72hrs. Some weeks will have 2 advances and then one week will have 3 advances. Seems like a good medium as it's not too slow and not too fast.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Keller

Yeah thats probably what we'll end up being - somewhere between 3 and 2 advances a week is where we need to be.

20. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I have changed my mind on getting 32 owners. I would like us to get 31 owners and not allow anyone to get the Eagles. After the Steve Smth signing, I am afraid on what that team is going to look like on Madden 12.

21. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

F'n Nazi

• Like Like x 1
  22. Keller

lol - you think I want to face the Patriots?

23. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

30 teams it is!

24. Keller

lol - we will run with as many owners as we have good owners

25. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

I like 32 teams. If I want to play the computer, there's always offline franchises. A playoff berth and/or division championship in a 32 team league is a big accomplishment. Although I do think Keller/we should be a little Nazi-ish when trying to weed out any potential scrub owners.

I'm also not a fan of any simming. Antcap made a good point on this.

I also like the 72 hour advance. It was on my mind as I scrolled through this thread, and then I saw it suggested.

I would like to get a decent amount of seasons in, but not at the cost of disconnecting us from the league. I think if we hit it hard at the start of September, we should get a lot of fun out of Madden 12.