Madden 13: Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Shaun Mason, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

I am ready to play it, but it still isn't up! I thought demos were generally up by 6, but apparently not.

3. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

Its up. look under the kinect demo group.

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    This

5. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

I was looking in the right place, but it is up now. Boo yah. I am playing first game now and will have thoughts here in a bit.

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Looking forward to it.

7. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

Have you guys played?

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm at work.

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

love that you can adjust game speed, turn off accelerated clock, and adjust sliders

don't like the way the play art looks for some reason, and seeing lots of weird limb angles, but loving the infinity engine

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    They really went all out with the demo this year.

11. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

I have about 30 min to test itout. post impressions when i am done.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Lots of tuning going on still with limbs but I agree

13. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

I purchase Madden every year since 2k5. i have never kept it past october. sometimes it wouldnt make it.past september. this year looks to be different. after playimg the demo i was really impressed with the presentation. M13 hit it this year. finally.think 2k5 is the best football game of all time, but after playing the demo of m13 the presentation seems to be of caliber of 2k5. idk if thats a bad thing bc that games is from 7 years ago bit atleast madden hit it. the control feels very good. players dont feel loose as if they are floating and sliding all over the place. im really hyped about this years game.

14. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

So far it looks and plays nicely. I love how on run plays you can see heads, limbs getting pushed in a realistic way. this game looks and sounds like football. love the back shoulder throw on comeback routes. jim nantz and phil simms are superb.

15. Boman5

Boman5 Walk On

Played a game. I like that you can share the game results via facebook/twitter (for bragging rights). Also, I like how you can make more adjustments on the defensive side of the ball. Still early on and you can tell there will be fixes regarding the infinity engine and collisions like you said.

By the way...the Gore, Jacobs and James combo is solid. You can definitely change up the pace with them.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

the replays look so sick.

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Anyone else get a chance to play yet?

18. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

Ok, here is my take from my first full game of Madden 13.

Difficulty:
    All-Pro

Teams:
    Giants CPU
    49ers User

Overall:
    I came away very impressed with this game and I am so happy to say that this looks like it will be one of the best Madden games if not the best ever made. I made some notes while I played the game. They include positives, negatives, and surprises.

Positives:
    -Infinity Engine: awesome plain and simple. I didn't see anything glitchy.

-Replays: This is the biggest improvement with regards to presentation IMO. They are in slow motion and you can REALLY see the Infinity Engine workING.
    Looks like real football. Loved seeing arms, legs, heads, moving all over the place. Runs up the gut are great for these replays.

-Running Game: This felt realistic and was a lot of fun. I only average like 3.8 yards per carry, but like EA has been saying, you can feel some of these hits and it makes for a better experience.

-Passing Game: The new pass trajectories work. One of my very favorite routes to use when I first started playing madden as a kid was the comeback route. The recent Madden games made it almost impossible to run this pattern with any success. I used this route over and over again in my game on 3rd and 5 or even first and ten. These were easy money. If the DB is playing off at all, you simply throw the ball to the receivers sideline shoulder and it makes for a really sweet money play. NFL offenses use this the same way and I feel like it is well represented in the game. FINALLY! (Some of you may think when I say money play I mean cheese play, but realistically this is an easy play to slow down. Just play some man press)

-Sound: WOW! Crowds sound like NFL crowds on 3rd downs! The only thing I wish they added was a DE-FENSE chant for 3rd down. It was loud in that stadium man. Big hits in the past didn't sound nearly as good, but they are ridiculous now. Sounds great.

Negatives:
    -Crowds: While they have made an improvement here, I still feel like they need to work on this more. When a receiver catches a deep ball there should be an explosion from the crowd. This is what we hear on NFL sundays. Please make this a focus in 14 EA!

-Ball Security: No, my guys did not fumble once, but good lord they probably shoud have! There were several instances when receivers and runningbacks were holding the ball with one arm and even sometimes with one arm and holding the ball out! This would get an NFL player benched. Players need to brace for hits by protecting the football when they go down to the turf. When they are running ball security is fine, but it is when they are going to the ground they get way too sloppy.

-Catches: The animations are sweet, but on a few replays, I noticed that the receivers hand(s) werent actually touching the ball and I even saw a hand morph through the ball : (
    (This is probably the biggest negative I have)

-Presentation: We know that this is a big improvement year with regards to Presentation, but I still believe there needs to be a halftime report and a post game show of some sort. These are the little things that immerse us into the football game.

Other than that, this game looks extremely polished for a demo and it was a blast to play game one. I am very happy to be apart of this website and I really can't wait to get joined up in a league. Still working on that in the new members 360 CCM league. Time for game two!

• Like Like x 2
  19. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

What two teams? 49ers and ?? Sorry won't be able to play until tonight...

20. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

nvm I got it 49ers & Giants thx

21. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

MAN I HATE YOU GUYS! I started the download before I left so when I get home tonight around 10sih Ill play this beast. I really like Drama84 breakdown of pros and cons.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    There are two games, 49er's/Giants and Redskins/Seahawks

23. UNo x Broncos

UNo x Broncos Walk On

Disappointed in the Demo...

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Why?

25. RynoAid