Madden 13 demo impressions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by raveneff, Aug 14, 2012.

?

Are you satisified with the changes made to this years game?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, still same crap.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

As soon as I got off work today at 1030 a.m. I downloaded the demo, and played it once it finished. I have been playing for the greater part of the day, and have been pushing the game to see what it allows you to do. Personally, I'm not a fan of freestyle/cheese play, and I must say the demo has impressed me. Very little that I have found is easily exploited if you are playing on All Pro and All Madden. Most defenders actually react to the receiver and can maintain decent coverage, and no defender makes a random leap at the ball if they don't see it. I tried everything, quick routes, slant outs no longer exist, and all kinds of face throws. They are difficult to do now as the defenders try to get their hands on the ball to break the pass up. I personally have been impressed with the new engine and must say it's a major improvement. Definitely a step in the right direction, and did not expect it to be as smooth this early. The only complaint I have is at times players seem to bounce off others as if they are pin balls. This isn't major as it typically doesn't affect the outcome of the play. I am going to continue to find whatever I can to complain about, but it doesn't look like it will be much. I'm loving the game overall and am extremely satisfied with what EA and the new developers are doing with Madden. I see great things coming, and will hopefully be a great football simulator. Oh, and if you play on All Madden, make sure you press Y to catch before running or making a cut. I dropped the ball countless times after trying to run before I made sure it was caught. And honestly, I fricking LOVE IT! :D