Madden '13 Excitement

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by IrishBearcat, Jun 26, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

There are so many reasons to get excited for Madden '13 and for this league. What particularly has you most excited about the game or The Longest Yard?

I'll start us off. Personally, I'm excited to play a lot of new people. I've been running Legendary Veterans for two cycles here at TSO and you're usually playing the same 6-7 people every season with online dynasties. The NFL schedules will add some freshness to the schedule every year.

With 32 members it will be cool to get to face off against new opponents every season.

What about you?

2. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Same reasons as you mostly. I really only have one Dynasty from last cycle under my belt, so I don't know anyone, other than reading chat box and forums. So looking forward to getting to know some TSO vets, and becoming a little more recognisable/visible myself.

Stoked to have my real favorite team as well! Had MSU last year in NCAA and have Northwestern this year, which is fine, but I'm a Michigan man. Great to have my Lions for Madden.

3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I'm not in the league but being able to play games that "matter" throughout the year would be exciting. Head to head games are fun but they get old after about 75-100 games because there's really nothing to play for and I end up selling Madden to gamestop after the real life Superbowl every year as a result. And unfortunately, any online franchises I have been involved with in previous madden's fizzle out quick so this kind of forum is really appealing because it provides the organization needed to get 32 guys to cooperate. And have you seen the infinity engine? Looks too good to be true! Hope it's as good as it looks.

4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I am excited for the whole salary cap management experience. Bring me back to the old Franchise mode in i think 98 when you pretty much full control of a lot of things. Now we can do it online.

The gameplay improvements i am still a little skeptical, but hopefully CCM can live up to the hype.

5. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I'm excited for the preseason and offseason parts of the season. Preseason specifically, we get to sign our entire roster, right? It should he fun to go through cut days and see who values who and watch guys pick newly released FAs up. I and expect the Draft and Free Agency to be exciting as well.

6. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I guess only five people are excited for Madden '13. Weird...

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I am too lazy to google search, does anyone have a link explaing the ends and outs of CCM. I haven't played Madden in 5 years and want to get excited with you guys.....

8. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I would just read as much through this thread if you haven't already

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/ask-me-about-ccm-i-know-it-all.78658/

There is a link to EAs blog on the first post as well if you havent read it already.

Other than that, that is all the information i have seen so far.

I haven't really looked into it that much besides skimming through the thread and blog.

• Like Like x 1
  9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im excited but havent played Madden in so long I really have no expectations of the game whatsoever...nothing to compare it to other than NCAA. Do the Rams still have Vince Ferragamo at QB? We almost beat the Steel Curtain and Bradshaw last year in the Super Bowl, right?

Yes...im old (y)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hokie Effect

Same boat as you, I think Madden himself graced the cover of my last Madden game purchase.....

11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

i havent played ANY madden game religiously since the Eddie George one for ps2. i played the others 1-2 times each before selling em. glad im not the only one in this boat

12. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I've played Madden every year, but never as long as NCAA. I buy the game, play offline franchise for a month, and trade it in, whereas with NCAA, I keep the game til the next NCAA is released. Haven't played an online match in Madden since PS2. (Vick cover I think)

This year will be different because of this League, and the changes they are making are steps in the right direction. (Still bummed about inability to import NCAA Draft Classes though.)

13. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I've played every madden, i only played ncaa one year in 2004 i think when HDadvance came out for the ps2 and you can install games to HDs...

Other than that, i've been strickly madden. So i understand how madden has sucked this gen.

14. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

same here. although the big reason was no features like CCM included.

one of the great things about the old Madden PC franchises was the balance between ability on the field and ability to put a great team together when it came to success.

Back in the old BMFL PC days days I'd say i averaged a 10-6 record, won a couple of NFC East titles and made it to the NFC Championship game one year despite probably not being in the top 1/4th of the league in pure Madden skill. I was able to be successful because I was one of the better folks in the league at putting a good team on the field, through smart drafting, trades and the signing of key free agents.

With the changes coming with CCM, i think Madden 13 should have this same kind of balance. Pick the wrong guys for your scheme, or draft ineffectively and you're in trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

While it all looks good on paper, i am still skeptical on the whole schemes fitting players and vice versa thing regarding players ratings changing based on team/scheme they are in. For example, i am suspecting that if i take a 3-4 LB and put him on a 4-3 schemed defense, his OVR rating will drop, but his actual performance wont change much or at all. His individual stats remain the same so on paper, his OVR goes down, but actual ability remains the same which means performance on the field will essentially remain the same.

All speculation on my part, looking forward to see how this CCM thing works.

16. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

that'll be one of the things I'll be taking a look at. Keep in mind two thing though - overall is just a "summary" rating impacted by other ratings. so if his OVR drops that means other ratings are dropping too. Mostly likely his Awareness and Production. So playing 3-4 OLB at OLB in a 4-3 might end up being the same thing as playing a Free Safety at OLB in other versions of Madden.

17. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I think i read that the OVR determined differently this year. I think the skills rating plays a role still, but production, and other intangible type attributes play a role as well. Not for certain, but that is what it sounds like, we'll have to wait till Aug :(

18. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Cant wait for physics! It will be super interesting to find out how the running game will be like

19. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I'm excited to see how the physics engine translates to football. I'm also excited to see the implementation of the different passing angles. If they do it right, it can finally open up the passing game a lot more. Most of all, I'm excited to play with a good group of guys. I've run leagues the last couple of years, so it will be nice to enjoy the game without having to worry about recruiting new guys or settling disputes.

20. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I definitely feel like the passing game will be a lot more realistic. No super linebacker jumps and and no more defensive backs with ESP. Plus star wideouts will be making some very dynamic catches. Of course shutdown corners will hopefully do the same. I'll definitely be trying to move Megatron around and avoid the superstar CBs. Either that or use him as a decoy and throw to my #2 and my TEs.

21. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

It'll be interesteing to use Andre Johnson in that regard as well. I think the Lions will be a TON of fun for you. I just hope they make a mistake and put Andre Johnson's INJ rating at 99...instead of the 42 he deserves...
    :oops:

• Like Like x 2
  22. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Yeah I'm pretty sure it will, except for when he has to face the Bears. ;)

23. Hokie Effect

Not sure how its handled in the Madden leagues, but since their is no counter for accounting the movement of #1 WR in NCAA it is banned in most leagues. For example formation subbing into slot. But I do remember when I used to play Madden you could assign DB's to WR's so that would eliminate any issues if that is still in the game.

24. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Besides, I think certain formations do that for you. I know the Packers had a formation last year that automatically put Greg Jennings (or the #1) in the slot, as well as the Bears with Johnny Knox. I'm also sure the Pats have a lot of formations that put Welker specifically in the slot. Not sure about other teams though.

25. Hokie Effect

Its obviously understood that it does happen in real life, but in real life the defense can make adjustments on the field. There is no way to adjust in a video game. Same thing in real life you would run the same play over and over if the defense can't stop it, but in the sim community of TSO that practice would not be allowed.

So knowingly exploiting the game by subbing your #1 WR into slot to create obvious mismatches would be considered cheese by most, hence the ban in NCAA leagues. Again I haven't played Madden in 5 years, so I don't know if you can counter the movement of the #1 WR.