Archived Madden 13 Interest Thread

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Everyone,

In two days Madden 13 news will be released at E3. I fully expect there to be an explosion of interest from the membership here. Since the TMFL will be the only Premier Madden 13 league for Xbox 360 many existing members of TSO will be interested. Every spot in the TMFL will simply go to the best member available, as determined by me. The existing TMFL members have had multiple seasons under my leadership to show me exactly what they have to offer. If they were an exceptional member for Madden 12, it will be hard to unseat them.

For Madden 13, the TMFL will continue to be run by me. I will appoint two assistant commissioners to help with the day-to-day business of the TMFL, one for the NFC and one for the AFC. At this point in time, fuzzyl0gic has one of those positions filled.

The following will be requirements for Madden 13. If you cannot commit to this list, please do not waste my time or risk someone else's position by applying:
    • The TMFL will run year round, your commitment is a year long one.
    • The TMFL will continue to be a 32 member Madden league, on a 48 hour advance cycle. You WILL have a user game every 48 hours.
    • The TMFL uses a feedback system to monitor game play. That will continue and participation will be mandatory.
    • People who are playing as a team they enjoy are better members. Teams will be decided by me, in an effort to maximize the number of people getting there favorite. However, no guarantee is made you will get your favorite. If team selection is critical to your involvement, don't apply.
    • Good leagues generate good content. Please expect to participate on the forums and generate content.
    • The medium of communication at TSO is the written word. If you cannot type full sentences, punctuate and put forth a coherent message, don't bother. I hate when people get lazy replying from cell phones.
    • This is the NFL, you will lose games. The league is about friendship, not winning. People who cannot lose gracefully will not be tolerated. You might have a 0-16 season, can you tolerate that?
    • In the end, the league is run by me and I always have the final decision.
    If you are still interested, please complete the following:
    1. What is your availability?
    2. Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first).
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year.
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation?
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength?
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness?
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run?
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve?
    Note, I am posting this a couple days ahead of the Madden 13 announcements so the existing TMFL members can get a head start.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

• Anytime on Monday/Tuesday; Before 3pm and after 11pm CST Sunday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday. My work schedule could possibly change before the release of Madden. If it does I would be available all day Saturday/Sunday; Before 11am and after 8pm CST Monday-Friday.
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • New York Jets
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Pushing for Paydirt: Premier NCAA League
    • Orange Crush: Non-Premier NCAA League
    • I bring a committed team player that listens, participates, and enjoys playing video games.
    • Content wise I am thinking I would keep the 2 Minute Drill with Chris Berman or do something with Power Rankings
    Typically, what is your game play strength?
    • Running the ball
    • Stick skills
    Typically, what is your game play weakness?
    • Passing game
    • Decision making: Tucking and running instead of throwing or just taking the sack
    Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run?
    • Offense: Pro-style
    • Defense: If on AP 3-4; If on AM 4-3
    What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve?
    • Play action on 3 & 10 from under center

3. RedZoneD25

RedZoneD25 TSO Social Media Coordinator

What is your availability?
    • Monday-Friday 9am-2am
    • Saturday-Sunday 11am-3am
    Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first).
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • St. Louis Rams
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year.
    • Pushing For Paydirt, NCAA Premier League
    If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation?
    • I'm accountable and I don't commit to things I can't deliver.
    • I want to win, but I want to win right.
    • Willingness to play hard regardless of record, score, standings, etc.
    • Good character individual, knows when to have fun but works hard too.
    • Willingness to learn the TSO way.
    • Pass defense
    • Red Zone defense
    • Extending plays (when necessary)
    • Run defense
    • Rushing throws
    • Field goals 45+ yards
    • Offense: Pass-heavy West Coast Offense (think Andy Reid)
    • Defense: 4-3, zone coverage with man mixed in. Heavy blitz.
    • Constantly rely on an HB Slip Screen to bail someone out. I love the play, but I only use it in situations I think the Eagles would call them (3rd and 10+) and even then it's rare.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

1. Sunday-Thursday 730PM EST- 11PM EST, Fridays 730PM EST- whenever, Saturdays- Whenever

2. Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks

3. The Redshirts (Commisioner), The Dugout (Commissioner), Possibly The Baseline (NBA 2k13)

4. I am very active on the forums, and contribute in all discussions. I consider myself pretty mature and am one of the oldest dudes on the site. I know sim play when I see it and can offer constructive criticism and guidance if requested. I am willing to help, as long as people are willing to listen.

5. Strong defense and tactical game planning both offensively and defensively. Most wins are not by stick skills but strategy and keeping an opponent off balance.

6. I tend to force the ball into coverage and I throw a lot more than I probably should. Quick to panic if I get behind, even if is early.

7. Offense: Power running game, with a lot of play action. Much more passing oriented for the most part. On defense, I like the 3-4 with a strong LB corps.

8. Abuse of the AI and resorting to money plays in key situations.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Don't sleep much, around all the time. Live in EST timezone.

Redskins, no preference, no preference

An NCAA league, hoping to get into a premier league. Hoping for another TSO fantasy football league too.

Extremely dedicated, loyal, sim play, never miss games or offseasons, never intentionally bomb games, etc. I didn't provide much in the way of content due to lack of creativity and XFN doing a lot of the things I like to do, though I tried to make up for it with detailed game recaps. I'm also very active on the boards. Very open to content ideas if you're looking to give people certain tasks as I love to pitch in.

Defense, play calling

Passing

Usually run a 4-3 but have been having great success with the 3-4 past 2 seasons so I might stick with that. Offensively I use the playbook of whatever team I use as I like to keep the team I play close to the real life counterpart. Defense is about 60/40 zone/man and I blitz about 30% of the time. Offense I keep it as close to 50/50 as I possibly can.

Playcalling and gutting teams. 90% of my issues come from playcalling when people run the same routes or throws to same part of the field, send receivers deep and run up the gut with the QB, only run inside or outside, call the same few plays, blitz excessively, etc. Also the gutting of teams to the point where they're unrecognizable. I understand people don't always get the team they want or they want different things but I like realistic player movement.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

1 - After 7 - 10 pm est M-F, usually free on weekends
    2 - Lions / Patriots / whoevers on my fantasy team after that haha
    3 - Currently in the Experience. I'll only participate in one league next year so if the news is good......
    4 - I've been a quality sim guy here since `09 and an active participant on the boards. Also, I'm not above helping people improve.
    5 & 6 - Haven't played Madden since `09 so I'm not sure I'd have one at this point.
    7 - Gameplans would resemble the Patriots philosophies. Spread style on offense and 3-4 on defense.
    8 - My biggest sim game play pet peeve is the repetitive play call in key situations that toe the line of cheese but are used infrequently enough to really complain about, i.e. running a slot out on pretty much every 3rd and 8 in NCAA.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

1. Highly available, I am college student who communes so I currently live at home and can always make time to fit in a game.
    2. Eagles, Bills, Raiders. (Honestly though I role with anybody, I just love building up a team)
    3. Outside of this league, there is a possibility that I might be in an NHL 13 league but that is still TBD.
    4. A player that is highly dedicated to the league and their team. A player that just wants to have the most realistic experience and not worry about the W, and a player who wants to make long term friendships even if it is with divisional rivals. Basically if you pick me you will get a person who will be dedicated to this league and willing to take any criticism to make sure that the player on the other side is getting the best possible game experience possible.
    5. Typically, running the ball and stopping the run are my usual strengths in madden. I also have a good knack for creating big plays off of play action passes.
    6. Biggest game play weakness for me would have to be my ability to stop the pass, time and time again I get carved apart in the passing game. A close second would have to be my ability to play in the second half, you will notice that if I'm beating someone I generally start extremely fast and then barely score in the second half of the game.
    7. I usually role with the 4-3 Eagles defensive playbook where I love to use plenty of zone coverage and attempt to let the DL do the rest, and I use their playbook on offense as well. This add a lot of screens, Play actions, and runs to my offensive game but I always have that ability to move to the spread as well. I the Eagles offensive playbook a lot because it has a lot of everything in it so it keeps the defenses guessing.
    8. Biggest pet peeve by far has to be when you are having a great game with someone but they might be losing by a bit and because they are losing they begin bending the rules a little bit here and there to try and make a comeback. I.E : Scrambling/Sprinting all over with the qb to keep the play alive/running the same play over and over/goaline fades/abusing slants... Those sorts of things.

8. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Name: JSimms
    I've been a member of TSO Madden leagues for the past three releases, and hope that I am viewed as a contributor to the TMFL's recent turnaround. I have personally recruited several of the league's current members, which in several cases required a lot of sim gameplay coaching to ensure that they would fit in. I look forward to this being the ONLY Madden league I'm a part of in M13 and for years to come!
    1. What is your availability? I generally work 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday. That said, my role as a Managing Director at a boutique investment bank does occasionally require me to take 2 to 5 day trips (but no more often than once every 2 to 3 months.)
    2. Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first). 1. Minnesota 2. San Francisco 3. Any Team
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. Only One - TMFL (known from now on as "The League")
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? a very sim gameplay, a willingness to take on more content responsibilities, a good attitude & respect towards others in the league.
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? DEFENSE, stick skills with the MLB, and ability to stay committed to the running game on offense
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? I've never been a solid passer in Madden; I tend to get impatient if I'm in the pocket for more than a couple of seconds, which typically leads to bad decision-making from the QB position.
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? As everyone knows by now, my offensive scheme revolves around the running game and controlling the clock. On defense, I usually let my roster dictate the scheme that I run. I'm probably one of the few Madden league members that care more about my team defense rankings than how my individual offensive players fare statistically.
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? Going for it on 4th down in a situation that is unrealistic. Nothing like playing great defense for 3 downs only to watch your opponent go for it on 4th and 5 on their own side of the ball and then get it! I could also add to this list all lobby-ball tactics. My record in the lobby has been 0-0 since Madden '09, and I love it.
    Best regards,
    JSimms

• Like Like x 1
  9. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

1. What is your availability? I'm available everyday (I work some nights and some days...) it's pretty rare that I'm not online for a day.
      2. Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first). Chiefs, 49ers, and Eagles
      3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. I plan to play int the TMFL, and I'm also going to give NCAA a shot with The O.C.
      4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? I have a good attitude, I'm very active as an owner, I'm willing to take critism and grow, and am all for new content.
      5. Typically, what is your game play strength? I would say probably my running game.
      6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? I would say inconsistant defensive playcalling
      7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? I'm a run first type of player who can also pass so balanced would best describe my offensive scheme. I currently use S.D.'s playbook and 3-4 base defense.
      8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? I can't stand when guys take runs straight outside in a non sim way, basically anytime a ball carrier runs directly east and west unrealistically. It could be a WR or RB. Also can't stand when defenses blitz 5 or more EVERY play.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I am available everyday after 5pm EST until roughly 11pm EST however Ill stay up to play a game

MIAMI DOLPHINS
    jacksonville jaguars
    Any team with cool uniforms
    NCAA Orange Crush - Non Premiere

A quality user who is willing to learn and adapt to any situation. The site is awesome and I plan on playing here for awhile. Very active on the boards as well as would love to bring a little bit different content such as a full 32 mock draft next season.

Running the Ball, Defense

impatient on offense, forces throws

Outside/ Inside zone rushing scheme allowing me to pick and choose the hole to avoid over pursuing or Gap shooting LB

On Defense we dabble in 3-4 and 4-3 looks. As well as some under fronts pending what the user has shown a tendency to do

People who exploit the game and think they are good. In this season the GL fade which was an auto rocket catch. Also people that constantly shoot the gaps on defense with their LB. Very rarely is a LB first 3 steps down hill right now. The have to read the play as it develops. Not every LB is Ray Lewis against the Chargers a few years ago where he stopped them on 4th and 1 for a loss by shooting the gap.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  11. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

"If you are still interested, please complete the following:"
    -----------------
    1. I'm pretty flexible with only school and a part time job.
    2. Packers, and don't really have a preference after them. Every team is equally second to them for myself personally.
    3. Legendary Veterans for sure, possibly the New Hard4Yards.
    4. Experience as a commissioner and league member on TSO for two years. I'm active and try to be an addition to the league, not simply a component of it.
    5. I think I start out worse than most people but I'm a player who has a higher ceiling if I put the effort into practicing and logging game experience.
    6. Usually patience and being too reactive. I need to do a better job of not letting the opposition dictate the flow of the game or my play-calling.
    7. Ground and pound usually, and a 4-3 defense. I'm a traditionalist lol.
    8. Members who take extremes. Being sim is a balance/middle-ground, being super sim (thinking everything is cheese) or simply ignoring basic sim-style rules and always playing within the gray area (simply playing well enough not to get booted but you still piss everyone off) are not what these leagues are about.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

If you are still interested, please complete the following:

Very flexible despite being in the uk can play most times as am a nightowl :) this includes late night usa time

Patriots, Cowboys, 49ers

3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year

Sim Nation NCAA (Ps3)

TMFL was my first time in a salary cap franchise very much enjoyed that aspect learned a lot from it. I left TMFL for a few reasons had a lot going on in my personal life that affected it but am over it and hoping for a second chance

Usually strong in defending the run and not too bad with the pass

Get frustrated when the QB doesnt throw when i want it to throw, something im hoping pass trajectory will eradicate this issue

Saints O and Multiple D

Ridiculous dropbacks

13. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I can play anytime. I prefer nights after 8pm eastern but I own my own business and that provides me great flexibility.
    I can schedule a game with an opponent whenever!

1. Panthers [adopted them when I moved to NC from TX - been going to Panther games since game one!]
    2. Cowboys
    3. Raiders
    However I would enjoy the challenge of building any team into an NFL powerhouse!

I only plan to play NCAA in The Legacy.

I will be artistic and creative in the content that I will contribute to the league.
    I also play with a mic and enjoy playing against those who do as well.
    I'm usually the first guy to start playing after an advance and I stay on top of league happenings on the site.
    I'm dedicated to playing sim style and winning with honor.

Game plans, scouting, and play calling. The coach in me is truly reflected in the way I play video game sports.

Bailing out on my strategy and game plan too early! I'm pretty good about not doing this but it happens to everybody I think.
    Playing NCAA this year really taught me to just stick with the plan and the tide will turn even in a video game.

My offense is usually ground and pound. I like my offense to look like a rugby scrum slowly grinding down the field. Earl Campbell is my favorite player of all time.

On defense I love the zone blitz and a bend but don't break mentality. I don't care how many yards you hand on me, it's all about how many points are on the board. Overall I choose a system [34, 43, etc] that fits my personnel vs having a set D that I run.

Guys that roll out of the pocket to the sideline then throw back to the other sideline!
    Man, Randall Cunningham is retired! Oh, and guys who try and make 87 adjustments to their defense after breaking the huddle.

Note: I'm also really excited they are finally going to make the Madden and NCAA controls match. This has been the reason I stayed away from playing both at the same time.

14. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

1. What is your availability?I am able to go anytime at all except monday and wednesday i can go after 9cst
    2. Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first). 1) Indianapolis Colts 2) San Francisco 49ers 3)Washington Redskins
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. 1) The Redshirts 2)TCBL 3) TMFL ;)
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? Sim quality and will be very content driven with ncaa and madden this year. If you don't see it on Sundays you won't see it in my playbook. I spend a ton of time on the site as well. Am one of the older guys as well. Learning the Adobe and design will bring a different type of content as well. Have had enough losing seasons so that don't bother me obviously as I am still here fighting for each victory.
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? running game and 3rd down
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? pass defense could be me or my team neither had very good pass defense
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? I run the offense and defense of the team so right now the Colts offense and defense
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? Bounce outside and not switching up formations

• Like Like x 1
  15. TurboTrigga

TurboTrigga Walk On

- I work a four week rotating schedule that includes back to back days off, one weekend off, and an additional Sunday off. I work either (est) 530a-4p or 1230p-11p. I am up late night regardless and have had minimal issues getting in my games in my team here at TSO

1. Steelers (Favorite Team)
    2. Saints (Former NOLA resident)
    3. Any other of the remaining teams not named Patriots, Ravens, Bengals, Browns. I dont want to play Steelers and cannot stand NE.

- Would be interested in NCAA legacy style league; but nothing else pending.

- Even keeled and patient player
    - Always have no mic on
    - Very big on playing football; not Madden
    - Play the game "by the book" like a coach would; I'm aggressive but calculated.

- Passing the ball and spreading it around. Take a look at my receiving stats for TMFL Season 2. Had five players with 25+ catches and no player over 50.

- Letting leads slip away. I don't tighten up my playing calling with a lead.

- Offense: I cater to my team's make up (run, pass, misdirection, PA, etc)
    - Defense: Exclusively run 3-4 Steelers playbook and will build my team around said playbook

- Players not mixing up play calls.
    - Players relying on a single player on offense and not shy about it.

SIDE NOTE: Joining Premier as we speak to be involved in selection process.

16. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I am pretty open. I get up pretty early in the morning EST so i try to avoid starting games and 10 or 11 PM

• Packers
    • Ravens
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Pushing for Paydirt: Premier NCAA League
    • I play for fun and I dont get bent out of shape when i lose. I play in leagues here to establish fun relationships and rivalries with people i enjoy playing against regardless of the out come of the game. I do some content but i am not as proficient as others (i.e. live streaming of video games, etc). I think I take my losses well even to the CPU.
    • Running the ball
    • Defense
    6.) Typically, what is your game play weakness?
    • Passing game. I am generally too impatient for routes to open up
    • Stick Skills
    • Offense: Pro-style Ravens PB
    • Defense: 3-4 or 4-3 depending on the team that I have
    • Someone who blitzes everyplay
    • Someone who manually moves their multiple defenders manually presnap so they shoot right through the gap

• Like Like x 1
  17. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

What is your availability? Come the fall, I will be working full time. Having said that, I will be around every evening after 7EST. Good thing I didn't take that job in investment banking ;)

Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first). New York Football Giants first and foremost. Diehard Big Blue fan. After that, I'd say rebuilding projects like Miami and Indianapolis.

Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. I'm limiting myself to strictly TMFL and Pushing for Paydirt, such that I can contribute heavily to each.

If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? I believe I can continue to help with the leadership of the league i.e. answering questions, participating in the trade committee, and advancing for Fuzzy if/when it is needed. I absolutely love these leagues, and my commitment is strong. As such, I am always a text away to help in any way possible. Mostly, I love putting out quality content. For the TMFL, I have contributed on this front several times. Some of my favorite pieces that I'd like to continue are the Scout's Inc. Top 10, and NFL Live Fact or Fiction. I would also love to do a TMFL podcast, similar to the one we just started for PFP found here: http://bit.ly/LXGAW3

Typically, what is your game play strength? My greatest strength is my playcalling ability, as well as my ability to read blocks in the run game.

Typically, what is your game play weakness? I tend to be extremely inconsistent. Often this is a result of 5 minute collapses in games, where I go on a run of very poor decisions that lead to gamechanging turnovers.

Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? I am a defensive minded guy first and foremost. I like to come after people when they least expect it, and show tons of different looks. I love having depth on defense, such that I can make lot subs based on my playcall. All within sim standards.

What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? Ah, where to start? If I had to name one, it'd probably be money plays or lack of play calling diversity. There's nothing I enjoy more than a good ole chess match. When somebody is extremely repetitive/cheesey with their play-calling, it completely ruins the experience for me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Weeknights after 6pm est (not available on Wednesdays).
      Weekends are open, but having kids the game needs to be scheduled ahead of time.

Bucs
      Dolphins
      Lions

NCAA - Deuce
      NBA - Baseline

TSO experience
      I can be an example of how to react to losing

Most (including Shaun Mason) would say I don't have any.

Throw too many interceptions
      Break off of my gameplan too early when getting behind

Pro style offense
      4-3 defense

Doing nothing but lobbing it downfield for jump balls all game. I suspect that this won't be as easily exploited in this year's game.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

1. What is your availability? Weekends are up in the air but M-F I am available 5-11pm EST.
    2. Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first). Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Francisco
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. One Madden league. I'll play in an NCAA temporarily, but probably by the end of Season 1 in Madden I plan on dropping from any NCAA leagues to dedicate my full attention to Madden.
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? Given my track record its hard to say what reaction I will get when I post something here. From my point a view you're getting one of the most dedicated Madden players on the site as well as continued willingness to become a better member and a better player.
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? I think balance on offense - I can't win being one dimensional so I need to keep opponents guessing the entire game.
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? Probably mistakes in the passing game. I tend to force the ball sometimes and get picked off.
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? On offense I prefer a more open 3 WR offense with an emphasis on good combination routes like the hitch smash, stick, curl flat, or dbl in. That said, I do like standard I form sets etc from traditional offense and try to stay away from Shotgun sets as much as possible because, from above, I like balance and I need a legit threat of running the ball to be present at all times. On defense I tend to run a lot of zone and so I try to build my defensive line with elite players that can get to the QB when only rushing 4 or 5 players.
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? Definitely QB scrambling. If I don't think you're making your reads or you call a roll out play and immediately scramble to the sideline I'm going to call you out on that immediately. As long as people make their reads before running, we're good.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

M-F -- 4:15pm central - 10:00pm central Sat & Sun -- whenever (earlier in the day the better as I am an early riser)
    1. Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first).
    Redskins and no preference after that
    1. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year.
    The Legacy & FIFA
    1. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation?
    Year round dedication, I am NOT a seasonal gamer The Richuation (FIFA) and HovaTheGodMC (NCAA) can attest to that fact. SIM play, I am not sure I have heard any on the site openly criticism me and call me unsim. Maturity, I am an older guy (29) and have been playing in leagues since I was 20, I know the drill, I respect my opponents, I am a straight shooter, and I am interested always in developing positive relationships with fellow league members.
    Running the ball. Defense
    1. Typically, what is your game play weakness?
    Passing the ball, throwing stupid interceptions
    1. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run?
    I generally like to run the playbook of the team I am using. I like power I, I like setting up the pass through the run. Defensively I like to play a 3-4
    1. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve?
    People who say they are SIM and aren't lol. I hate people who rely on the slant pattern. I am not a fan of people who control the Dline in the game as I think it's pretty easy to be a Dlineman controller. I like someone who mixes it up and keeps me guessing, not someone who I know what they are doing but can't stop it anyways cause it's some swiss money play that always gets them the first down.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

1. What is your availability? Located in California and usually available after getting home from work after 6-7 pm pst nightly and open certain times on weekends depending on anything going on. I've been pretty flexible so far in TMFL to get my games in on time.
    2. Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first). 1) Raiders 2) Raiders 3 )Raiders :eek:, but if i had to choose two other teams 2) niners 3) Any team on the west coast
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. I typically play only in one league at a time and TMFL is my only league at the moment and intend to keep only one league next year as well. I dont play any sports game besides madden so i am dedicated to the madden league i am in at the moment.
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? I bring consistency in participation and being active in the league and on the forums giving as much input as much as possible. Willing to take a pointers/criticism and adapt to what any league is about and enjoy the game win or lose. Consistent on doing recaps and willing to add more for madden 13.
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? This year, my strengths have been running the ball and also stopping the run.
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? Pass defense has been a struggle for me this year.
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? My offensive and defensive scheme really depends on what the EA developers put in the Oakland Raiders playbook. My favorite team are the Raiders and in every year of madden, i only use the Raiders offensive/Defensive plays, i do not switch playbooks at all and dont look at other playbooks.
    So for Madden 12, the Raiders book has good running plays so I focused on the run with my ratio being 60/40 run to pass based on the XFN stats

On defense, Raiders defensive playbook is 4-3 orientated so i stick with the 4-3 formation. So the raider offensive playbook for m13 should be similar to m12, but the defensive playbook may have more 3-4 looks so whatever the put in the PB next year, i will run...

8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? Moving multiple defenders on defense, top players being traded all the time, gutting of teams.

22. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

With all the talk Shaun Mason has done about the big news on Madden I figured I'd fill this out even though there is virtually no way my schedule would mesh with a 32 man league. I live in SoCal, am 39 with 3 kids. I don't get online until after 8-9pm PST during the week and occasionally I can play in the afternoon on the weekends if my boys don't have a game.

The Bears would be my first choice. After that any team in the AFC probably, I wouldn't really have a preference unless I could get Green Bay and run them into the ground.;)

I'll be in After Midnight on the NCAA side. That's it. If Madden blew away NCAA it might require me to make a difficult choice down the road as I'm really a 'one league' kind of guy these days.

Activity on the forums for one, most guys I've been in leagues with know I'm the master of drumming up conversations on the boards about any number of topics. I like to think that I play a solid brand of ball, I've never had any real complaints from anyone. I've also been on the site for 3 years now and think I have a good handle of what TSO is all about.

I haven't played Madden since 2008 or 2009, so I don't know what my strengths would be. In NCAA, I like to think I'm pretty adept at playing to my teams strengths, and devising gameplans to attack my opponents weaknesses. I'm not great on the sticks (as I said, I'm old) but I've been watching/playing football for 25 years and feel like I know the game pretty well.

As I mentioned above, I am not great on the sticks, which hurts me on defense because I end up needing to control a defensive lineman to avoid messing up the scheme.

I'll usually tailor my offense/defense to fit the personnel I have, but in an ideal world I like to run an offense centered on the passing game. Once my opponent overplays the pass I will then shift to running the ball where I have an advantage. On defense I used to be a pure 4-3 guy, but last year in NCAA I embraced the 3-4 and have really enjoyed the flexibility that look offers.

Probably when guys stat-pad and then brag about how great they are because they had a QB put up 5,000 yards or a HB put up 3,000 yards or whatever. In game most things don't irk me too bad aside from when guys find little nuances to the game (such as hit stick fumbles or stealing on ball in NBA 2k12) that are overpowered and then they just spam that endlessly.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

24. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

1. What is your availability? My availability is very flexible. Im in the EST time zone and can "usually" play when it works out best for my opponent.
    2. Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first). Cleveland Browns, New York Jets (my Dads favorite team), and the Carolina Panthers (when Browns left for Baltimore i flipped a coin to be a Panthers or Jaguars fan. LOL)
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. I plan on being involved in the Tradition Hockey League (Xbox 360) since I'm the Commissioner as well as keeping the TF: Blitz League going if the same 6 to 8 guys want to keep playing. We may take a few months off etc if guys are getting tired of it. I also plan on being in The Dugout (OOTP Baseball League), just obviously a text sim, so this takes no time at all.
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? I bring a solid attitude, winning or losing dont mean much to me. I just like being involved in a great community and getting to know some new people. I havent played in a Madden League in about 3 years. Reason being the community i was involved with had a few "win at all cost" guys, that wasnt for me. They were great guys to bs etc, but just didnt fit my style of play.
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? I would say my gameplay strength is trying to play the same style the team im using actually does. So going into the game you should have a solid scouting report on me. I try and mix it up as much as possible as well, solid mix of run vs pass, while obviously sticking to the style of the team im using.
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? I would say that my strength above, is the main weakness as well. Trying to keep the team im using to play like the real team, guys figure me out quickly, and im not very good at adjustments. With that said, its fun trying to scrap out wins that way and or just keep the game competitive until the end.
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? Im a bit more of a ground and pound i guess on the Offensive side, again though depends on what team im using. On defense, im more of a zone type of guy, a bend but not break attitude.. as usual, with that said, depends on what team im using, but if push comes to shove i try and not screw up and leave that the other guy.
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? My biggest peeve would be, guys manually moving guys around pre snap. Im new to this type of set up, so im unsure of the rules, you may have one in place already. I just dont get why guys find the need to move all 3 LB's and the DB's around etc. Just use the default controls to move guys. I dont mind if they move the guy they are controlling pre play and they stay on that guy the whole time. I guess another small peeve of mine is when guys refuse to punt in realistic situations. I stink enough as is LOL, when i get a stop on 3rd down etc, im expecting a punt, even on 4th and inches from say my 40 yard line to the 50..

• Like Like x 2
  25. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

1. What is your availability? I'm free after 8-9 PM EST most evenings.
    2. Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first). Panthers, Packers, 49ers
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. OC, and the "new" H4Y (both NCAA)
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? Leadership, help with management tasks, game write-ups/active/general content
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? Playing solid defense (bend but don't break)
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? Throwing dumb INTs by forcing passes.
      I like to run a WCO and I've recently switched to a 4-3 defense. Of course, there are a few wildcat plays I run with Cam.
      Blitzing every play, dropping back too far with the QB.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.