Information Madden 13 Interest Thread

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by BobJr, Jun 3, 2012.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    TSO,

As many of you know from the recent posts, Madden 13 news will be available on Monday, June 4th. This is suppose to be some of the most exciting news to come out for our beloved game. Like TMFL , we here at HK fully expect there to be an explosion of interest from the members. Also like TMFL, we fully expect to be the only Premier League on the PS3. A league is only as good as its members, and I want to fill every slot with the best owner possible. Several current members have had multiple seasons under our leadership to show us exactly what they have to offer. Those members are the ones that made Hard Knocks what it is today, and it will be difficult to remove them. This does not mean we wouldn't love to have more quality owners.

As for Madden 13, Hard Knocks will continue to have a strong management team. This team will be led by myself and Emmdotfrisk. Other well known owners will be on the management team (@ryty32, sdid22, Cimmy24, and controllerabuser). Each of these guys will have responsibilities that will continue to shape and mold Hard Knocks.

Several factors will come into play for our Madden 13 Owner Roster. IF you feel like you cannot live up to the expectations that our league lives by, then please do not waste your time. The expectations are as follows:

• First and foremost, our league is about building friendships and having fun. You will at times lose to better owners. You must be able to keep your interest despite your record.
    • Respect. Respect is 100% needed. We need guys to be able to lose with grace and be respectful to their opponents.
    • Communication is a must when you have 32 owners trying to play a user game at our pace. If you feel like you cannot in some way or form (Forums, PM, IM, Text, Cell phone call) get a hold of your opponent in a timely manner, then please do not apply.
    • Great leagues end up having great and original content. This is what ended up bringing HK to the top and we expect it to fully continue. Participation is a must.
    • Madden is a game that needs to be played using your favorite team. Team selection will be chosen by management, based upon a variety of factors. This does not mean you will get your favorite team on your list.
    • In an effort to build a true "franchise". Hard Knocks will be attempting a One team, one dream type of feel. Once your team is selected that will be your team for the DURATION of the release.
    • Hard Knocks will strive to get to the maximum of 32 owners, with a 48 hour advance cycle.
    • Please be aware that all final decisions regarding Hard Knocks will ultimately be made by me.
    If you are still interested, please complete the following:
    1. What is your availability?
    2. Please list your top five team choices (real life favorite first).
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year.
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation?
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength?
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness?
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run?
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve?
    Now let's get geared up for some exciting Madden 13 News!

I also want to publicly thank Shaun Mason for the help!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BG

BG On The Rize!

1. What is your availability? Most weekdays after 6 pm est and pretty much anytime on the weekends.
    2. Please list your top five team choices (real life favorite first). Tampa, Atlanta, Baltimore, San Fransisco, Jaguars
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. Saturday Heroes (SH) NCAA Premier League
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? A great "sim" experience, reliability (as far as scheduling games) and a positive attitude no matter the outcome (unless your KnightNoles, jk)
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? I pride myself on stopping my opponents running attack, trying to make them one dimensional
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? My passing game is pretty mediocre
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? I try to be as balanced as possible on offense by running equal amounts of passing and running plays. On defense, I started running the 4-3, which I enjoyed a lot. I guess my personnel will ultimately make that decision for me.
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? When someone makes negative comments about how you played in a game only when the outcome isn't what they expected.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

1. What is your availability? Usually anytime after work (5CT) till I go to bed
    2. Please list your top five team choices (real life favorite first). Steelers, Falcons, Texans, Bucs, Cardinals
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. NCAA League that I'll commish, HK and however long TCBL lasts
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? Quality owner and Content contributor
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? Defense, rushing the ball, coming up in big situations
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? If I get down too quick I force the action too much and inconsistent passer sometimes
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? Good balance of run like to shoot for over 100 yards on the ground but will take what the defense gives me. 3-4 defensive scheme and depends on the team that I play with being how much blitzing I'll bring.
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? I just don't like when guys constantly run sweeps, tosses and power Os trying to get to the outside every play/majority of the time. Besides that, nothing much to complain or pet peeve about.

• Like Like x 2
  4. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

1. What is your availability? Nights and weekends
    2. Please list your top five team choices (real life favorite first). Lions, Steelers, 49ers, Redskins, Colts - Lions are much higher than any of the others (which are basically based on their 2012 drafts).
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. NCAA (KnightNoles league and possibly another, SH maybe?, BfR if it starts back up?) and FIFA (Tradition Serie)
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? Dedicated player who tried to get his games in/scheduled in an appropriate manner. Content lacked at times in HK 12 and its something I know I need to work on. As a madden online franchise rookie, I ran into occasions where I had no money and my team had no depth but I feel like I was able to get through it. I improved as a sim player as we got further in and tried to watch specific areas of my game that were brought up as potential issues by opponents.
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? Passing, granted if I didn't have the games best WR on my team, it might've been a different story.
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? Can't play defense to save my life and have trouble making that one critical play (especially on defense). I had trouble with turning the ball over at times.
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? Try to run a balanced offense (progressed towards one at the end of HK 12 - compared to where I started).
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? When opponents take advantage of known glitches in the game and constantly take advantage of them. This was a much bigger issue in NCAA than it was in Madden for 12 though.

• Like Like x 2
  5. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

1. What is your availability? 5 et when i get a job till I go to bed
    2. Please list your top five team choices (real life favorite first). Texans, Cardinals, Pats, Colts
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. TCBL for however long it goes, and SH for NCAA
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? Good Owner whos very sim and will also produce content.
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? D and run game
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? Not the best D in the clutch.
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? Heavy run game 3-4 D with a mix of zone and man coverage
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? I dont like when people run screens a lot I also dont like when people user control their MLB then blitz all the time with them.

• Like Like x 3
  6. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    1. What is your availability? After 5pm MST on weekdays, most of the weekends.
    2. Please list your top five team choices (real life favorite first). Jaguars, Bucs, Seahawks, Rams, and Broncos. (No real preference though)
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. TCBL, Z2H, Blue Chips, and HK ;).
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? A sim player that is active and involved.
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? Play calling and defense.
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? Stick skills and reading the defense post-snap.
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? Pro Style/Run First and 4-3.
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? Avoiding the #1 and #2 WRs. They should be getting a large majority of the targets even if there are easier passes that can be made thanks to the programming.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

1. Monday-Saturday any time after 5:00 PM. Sunday, after church, say noonish. Weekdays, available for nooners by appointment. Holla. Alll times MST (Mountain)

2. Not the SF 49ers. You earned them biggcoug65 . Used to be the Saints, but I moved and they started tackling people for money. Grotesque. And they have the stench of BK on them I have been a closet fan of the NO. 1 Tampa Bay Bucs since the pewter pants were introduced. I can also produce team gear of all sorts should I become the focus of some sort of "birther" witch hunt in regard to my TB fandom. No. 2 - 4 . Giants, Steelers, Texans, and Florida Gat--I meant Jaguars.
    3 . I have requested (or plan to when openings are announced) membership to Saturday Heroes . Most ballin' PS3 MCAA league out there.
    4, Hard to put into words. This song probably comes closest to the most apropros description of "what I bring"
    5. I approach all facets of Madden like a trained medical doctor and am guided by the Hippocratic oath: First, do no harm. (manage TOs). I am also quite unpredictable at very inapropriate times during the game. I try not to give the game away on O, and try to stay in it with D, and hope for a chance to snatch one in the 4th.
    6. The compulsion to harm my team, my lapses into utter predictability and a tendency to always find myself playing from behind.​
    7. Multiple pro. Some I, SB, Shotgun, Love two TE sets (SF PB '12). Love the TE in general. 3-4 with Dime and Sub sets (Houston PB '12)​
    8. Any blatant cheeze. Designed "jump balls" 70 yards downfield at most opportune times as opposed to in a typical "I need a miracle" scenarios. And LAG!!!! Lag sucks.​

• Like Like x 2
  8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

1. What is your availability? Everyday after 3pm ct
    2. Please list your top five team choices (real life favorite first). saints Panthers Niners skins anybody
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. PFP and HK
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation?I bring a whole lot of love for the game and great discussion topics.
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? Running the Ball
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? Sadly, Stopping the pass
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run?Id like to be a run first pass second type of guy, but it doesnt always work out. So, I usually run something close to my teams strength.
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? The fact that people go to the same play 98% of the time to convert a long down.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    1. What is your availability? Monday thru Friday any time after 5 pm CST. Saturday / Sunday I'm generally free any time.
    2. Please list your top five team choices (real life favorite first). Saints, Lions, Texans, Chargers, Seahawks
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. HK, Saturday Heroes, TCBL, The Blue Chips
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? A very active SIM player who will be thoroughly dedicated to the league and its rules.
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? Defense
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? Pass Offense / Reading Defenses
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? Offensively I like to run a pass first offense. NEs playbook is nice as it tends to spread people out. Defensively I like to run a 3-4 with a heavy emphasis on stopping the run game.
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? When people play a great "SIM" game until the final two minutes when the game is on the line and then they start tip toeing down that "SIM" line to try ensure a victory.

10. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

1. What is your availability? After 4 CT to 10 CT during the weekdays and anytime on the weekends.
    2. Please list your top five team choices (real life favorite first). Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles(to kick Bob and Cimmy's ass), Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals(to kick ryty's ass)
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. TCBL, SH. I plan to not get into any other leagues because I will burn out and not be fully committed to HK as much as I should.
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? Content, I plan to get another desktop so that I can use that strictly for doing the HK Shows. It took up too much memory on my laptop.
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? Running the ball.
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? Not sticking to my gameplan.
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? Offense: Pro Style. I try do what the team I choose does. Defensive: 4-3.
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? There's just so many to choose from... How about the loop.

• Like Like x 3
  11. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

First off I feel like I need to post something like this:

Its been a long 7 years, I haven't played on a Playstation since PS2, and I haven't played Madden since the players had trucks and lightening bolts on them. Im pretty sure the last time I played Madden it was because I bought Head Coach which was a great idea but just never fully done right.

I responded to the XBOX league as for an Online Franchise and that was before a buddy of mine wanted to kick my ass on the PS3 after years of getting his ass kicked on a PS2 in both NCAA football and Madden. As for the list, I guess I need to provide more info since most of the PS3 players don't know me.

1. What is your availability?
    Im pretty much available at any point past 7:30 cst until well past midnight on most nights. The weekends I sometimes have a window between 11 am CST and 1 pm CST, but that is hard. I have three kids and a wife, and Id like to keep them. Though Im open for trades.

1. Please list your top five team choices (real life favorite first).
    Rams - I'd really like a chance to build a team.
    Bears
    and Baltimore
    1. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year.
    I play in the Tradition Deuce league. That is another fast paced league, but only has 12 members, so hopefully that won't be a problem. BobJr is in the league with me and can vouch for my cheeze gameplay and recruiting cheating. Shaun Mason and Drifterbub can also confirm that I will do anything to win a recruit, and that if they could have found a replacement not named Keller I probably would not even be in the deuce this year.
    1. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation?
    K
    This is hard to say since I haven't played either Madden or Playstation in so long. Does getting curb stomped by guys that you have curbstomped in other leagues count as bringing something to equation? I guess I bring a lot of payback. I would fully expect most of the deuce league especially, Bondzai, theSANDMAN215, and bringbackjimmy will be over on the boards busting my balls after every loss. I guess me being in the league will bring more to the site. Who doesn't want to see someone like Nick Saban get kicked in the nuts week after week?
    1. Typically, what is your game play strength?
    Recruiting. That is why Im fucked. I also can get players to quit before conference championship games (Looking at you Keller) by simply messing with their heads. I can also make guys decide to spend more time with their family as opposed to playing NCAA football (Looking at you Dru50). I can also usually force players to basically quit on their coach (@thesandman215, do I need to say anything else), and I can always come back and get a victory from some players regardless of how many points Im down bringbackjimmy. Unfortunately these are all strengths I earned on NCAA football. As far as Madden goes, I was decent on the PS2 but that is like saying I dominated with Christian Okoye in Tecmo Bowl (I did by the way). I honestly have no idea what my strengths will be in Madden.
    1. Typically, what is your game play weakness?
    Im not great on the sticks. JrRawlins will attest to that. He has seen me switch to a DB only to let an interception get caught for a TD. Same goes with Shaun Mason he knows that Im not great on the sticks. Im assuming this will only lead to more and more ass kickings on Madden.
    1. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run?
    I normally run a pro set and a 4-3 defense.
    1. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve?
    Does Keller count as a pet peeve? How about guys bitching about losing to the CPU, does that count? How about guys saying their team isn't that good despite having 95s across the board? Overall Im pretty reasonable, don't take advantage of clear AI glitches and Im cool.

So at the end of the day, if you are looking for a guy that has been pretty damn good on the XBOX and you want to kick my ass on the PS3 in Madden here is your chance.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  12. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Decent for a first post here. Really a little too much emphasis on the fact that you may have a large, gaping vagina until things heal after you have the "console" change surgery. I hope you get your Bears, but as a die hard Bucs fan, I would welcome you to the NFC South. That way we could go ahead and get the tension and uneasiness that has clouded the "virtual" air around us for years. Of course, Bob has final say on our teams. He will also be assigning you an "Accountabili-buddy.". All the noobs get one.

In all seriousness, my Madden experience has just been enrichened at least ten fold. I assure you that the guys here will ease you into adjusting to pressing X instead of A to snap the ball. They are downright paternal when you are new. My only advice, do not fuck with any RFAs until your third season.

Welcome sir, and prepare your self for the Hunge -- the HK games!

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    PS3...where KnightNoles goes to win.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Classic....

15. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

1. What is your availability? Monday through Friday usually after 5pm est.. The weekends are hit and miss but usually can play later at night on the weekends...
    2. Please list your top three team choices (real life favorite first). Carolina Panthers, Washington Redskins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. I am currently in the Tradition Country Club tour and am also in an NCAA 12 Dynasty that will be transitioned to a NCAA 13 online dynasty as well!!!
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? A player who will play sim like and if anyone has a problem with me I will handle it in a professional manner as best as I can. Loves the game of football and enjoys playing with other professional people who might be better than me. I try and stay active on the forums and will do everything I can to get all my games in a quick manner
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? I am a much better rusher than passer in the game but my offensive game I try and have a good balance
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? I am terrible at defense but usually try to have a good balance of blzits, zone, and man to man defense
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? I try to have a good balance on both sides.. Would run a 3-4 or 4-3 defense depending on what type of players I have on my team
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? I hate when a player runs the same play multiple times during a drive. I do not have a problem running it a few times if it works just not constantly in the same drive.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  16. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Getting some good response here! I expect this thread to blow up on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DC

DC Shake n Bake

hope that means there is an amazing announcement

18. Emmdotfrisk

I'm so tired of not being able to talk about it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Well, after all the question I am probably going to throw your way, you'll wish you still couldn't.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Emmdotfrisk

Won't happen. I can't wait to share everything. I am very excited.

21. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

You and Shaun Mason have my curiosity piqued for this madden news.

22. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

You could hire me as your attorney for $1 to review the NDA you signed with EA. As part of the representation, you would be free to unburden your soul to me knowing that the rules of confidentiality insure that I would not repeat it.

I am here for you bro! You could hire OMlawdog and KnightNoles as well. We are all vaults.

• Like Like x 2
  23. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    You'll have to get in line man. I am sure I will have quite a few.

24. Emmdotfrisk

Haha funny, because this is true.

25. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

If you are still interested, please complete the following:
    1. What is your availability? Every day after work, Most Weekends
    2. Please list your top five team choices (real life favorite first). Cowboys, Bucs, Texans, 49ers, Jets
    3. Please list any leagues you plan to be involved with for the next year. TCBL
    4. If you are selected, what do you bring to the equation? Active gamer, that already knows HK's expectations and play..
    5. Typically, what is your game play strength? my passing game
    6. Typically, what is your game play weakness? being too aggressive on defense
    7. Typically, what type of offensive and defensive scheme do you run? Offense- Balanced, Defense- 3-4
    8. What is your biggest "sim game play" pet peeve? Over using certain routes or plays,