Madden '13 Trade Value....

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by OMlawdog, Jun 25, 2012.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

One of my favorite articles that Bill Simmons writes is the trade value column for the NBA. It combines salaries, age, talent and overall it goes by the rule, If Team A called you up and offered you Player X for Player Y straight up, would you do it. So knowing that here is my first attempt at a Madden 13 trade value column for Hard Knocks;

10) Rob Gronkowski - A walking freak show. If he wasn't about to be a free agent, he would probably be higher on the list. Just a mismatch all over the field. Has to be the best TE in football, sorry Jimmy Graham.

9) Andrew Luck - Great young QB that has everything you are looking for, and will be locked into a great rookie contract. He doesn't have the explosiveness that RGIII will have, especially in Madden, but he is definitely the real deal and is only going to get better.

8) /Demarcus Ware - The most dominant DE/OLB in the game, and considering he can apply pressure anywhere, and often, I want that guy on my team.

7) Patrick Willis - The best defensive player in the game in my opinion. He can cover ground like a safety, and hit like a DE. Just a manimal. And he went to the best college in the country, Hotty Toddy bitches.

6) A healthy Adrian Peterson - Yes, im putting this a caveat on All Day, because if healthy the guy is clearly the best RB in the league and in the game. Problem is he is recovering from an ACL injury, but considering this is a video game, Im thinking it won't be that big of a deal.

5) Larry Fitzgerald - My second favorite receiver in the game, and a guy that simply needs a decent QB to put up 2000 yards receiving. Really like him I wouldn't trade him for many players.

4) RGIII - Thats right, I put him at number four. Too high? If I was any of the teams above and I had a chance to do a straight up trade for RGIII, I would take it. Crazy? Maybe, but I think this guy is going to be the real deal.

3) Aaron Rodgers - Simply put the best pure passer in the game, and mobile enough to be a running threat. Overall just a damn good QB and probably can get at least 5-7 great seasons out of him, maybe more.

2) Megatron - Anytime you can refer to a cartoon character and no one is wondering who you are talking about, you knew he was going to be high on the list. If im choosing between Megatron and Rodgers, Id take Johnson.

1) Cameron Newton - Ive said it before, and I think Im going to end up being right, the way Madden is set up a big mobile, accurate QB is going to be deadly in this game. Just deadly. If Im Carolina, I wouldn't trade him for anyone listed above. To me that makes him the most valuable player in MAdden 13.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 8
  2. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I would pretty much agree with this IRL. Unfortunately, the removal of potential from Madden takes a lot of value away from young guys and rookies. So unless you're talking about a player in their mid-30s vs a rookie, the answer is always whoever has the better ratings currently. If Matt Flynn enters the game with better ratings than Andrew Luck or RG3, then Flynn is more valuable.

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Yeah, but if you are running with the Skins, and the Seahawks offer you Flynn for RGIII, do you even consider it? Its possible that I totally don't get the removal of potential, but that would just seem crazy.

Could be right though.

4. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    If Flynn is better rated than RG3 and you take emotion out of the equation and ignoring play styles, then you absolutely should trade RG3 for Flynn.

It's all performance based and you're more likely to perform better with a higher rated player. So not only does it help your team now, but the player is also more likely to improve. And unless there's some unmentioned feature that makes it easier to progress players the younger they are(which would be a great addition if they continue with no potential, imo), then the progression is equal between the 2 players. Meaning, it costs as much for Flynn to go from a 90 to 91 THP as it does RG3. So why not go with the guy that's already closer to that?

Of course if you feel that RG3's specific attributes suit you better, then stick with him, but as long as you're able to perform with the player, then it doesn't matter where they were picked or how good they're supposed to be. All that matters is their current state and ratings.

5. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

HAL9100 good point I wonder if Emmdotfrisk could chime in, I was under the impression younger guys would cost less XP's to progress. Now I'm wondering if it's the same cost to upgrade the same rating on different guys

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

There are a couple factors that go into XP cost...

Development Grade

Odds are RG3 development grade is higher than Flynns

• Like Like x 1
  7. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    That's interesting and good to know. But doesn't Development Grade sound a lot like a Potential Grade which they've been saying they got rid of? I don't remember who did it but doesn't this make that Victor Cruz example of a player going from the 60's to 90's from one huge year not exactly accurate? It may be possible for some players, but not all players. Maybe players don't get maxed out like before but the amount they're able to progress is going to be limited by their Development/Potential Grade. Or am I missing something here?