Madden 13 Wishlist.

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by bringbackjimmy, Sep 1, 2011.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I know alot of people are mad that one OF was untouched again and some that Create playbook can't even be used in the minimal feature of OF. Most people gripe about how Ncaa did this in 09, but by the same token forget that Ncaa already had a functioning offline dynasty to use as a base where as madden offline franchise before this year has basically been OF with contracts and except saving people some time would of still been a criticized feature that was lacking. So with the new offline there is hope now that they have a footing to use.

What i really want from madden 13 is for them to actually talk to QB's and WR and actually work on timing routes. example on ace big comebacks the qb should already have the ball in the air before the wr even makes his cut back that way the ball is nearly there and the cb is still going backwards. in Madden if you do that you throw a streak and then the ball is 15 yrds past the wr now making his cut. If you wait for him to make his cut you either got real lucky your lined held or your QB is on his back telling his mommy he doesn't want to go to school. pretty much all timing routes are like this.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Let me preface this by saying - "Power to the Player." I have been saying for multiple years now, you'll never make everyone happy. That being the case, offering users with the tools to customize their experience to their liking would go a long way towards that goal. Give the players more control, more customization tools, and you'll empower players to craft the experience as they see fit. If that means sliders for everything then make sliders for everything. Injury sliders, progression sliders, player/contract holdout sliders, draft class skill level/depth slider, the more the merrier. That being said, here are some ideas:

1. Fully fledged Online Franchise. That means allowing Sliders, Edit Rosters/Draft Classes, Salary Cap & Free Agency, Draft Pick Trades(multiple years), Practice Mode, Allow Custom Playbooks, Preseason roster cuts, Draft Class scouting, Import Draft Class etc.

2. In Online Franchise, I should not have to hit X before every play to open up my playbook. There needs to be an option to turn that off.

3. Progression sliders - I dont care if its a position by position slider or what but we need to be able to tune progression individually. Not all users are happy with the same progression scheme - we should be able to fine-tune that.

4. Cornerback inside/outside technique. There needs to be a way to tell my CB to take away the inside/outside release of a WR - even if its part of the playcalling screen instead of pre-snap - there just needs to be something.

5. Edit potential - you've added the robust feature to edit players now during offline franchise, but why can't we edit potential? Potential should be a numerical value, not a letter, and we should be able to adjust it just like player ratings.

6. Integrate Superstar mode and 3v3 Online Team Play. I should be able to play superstar mode and build up my player for 3v3 OTP. Use Fifa as a guide. Bring in more RPG aspects to help build your player.

7. Spectator mode - Offer this service AS A FEE. I realize the costs involved in offering such a service but those costs can be recouped by charging extra for those who want to use the service.

Will add more later

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Well, just got the game yesterday... gamefly rental.

1. Why on earth is the accel clock in franchise locked at 20 secs?
    2. Why did they remove D lock?
    3. Why are there so many fake players created in franchise?
    4. Why does it rain every single game in franchise?
    5. The franchise menu is attrocious. Isn't very inviting.

Otherwise, the game looks great and plays great. I am really enjoying playing exhibition games.

4. Keller

Fake players are guys from your "practice squad" for "cut days" - dont hate on them, one or two of them might surprise you.

The weather uses real time feeds for info.

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

That cant be.

How/Why would franchise use real time weather?

For one, its sunny in Cleveland right now. The weather says clear.

Second, why would they use real time weather for Jan playoff games? doesn't make sense. The more likely reason is that there is a weather glitch in franchise.

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Sorry, I have hijacked this thread a bit. Feel free to move my posts.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

wrong again Keller.

This post is from OS via
    adembroski
    M12 Assistant Designer

then when asked whether it would be fixed or not

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

btw I started simming the rain games in my Franchinse. I am Cleveland. The only game it didn't rain before the game @ SF is the game @ Indy which is in a dome. So the weather went like this:

1. Cin Rain
    2. @ Indy Dome no Rain
    3. Mia Rain
    4. Ten Rain
    5. bye
    6. @Oak Rain
    7. Seattle Rain
    8. @ SF no rain
    9. @ Houston no rain
    So it was 5/6 games to start and the only reason it wasn't 6/6 is because of a dome.

9. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I think it only happens with Clevland, Miami, and Oakland. Someone mentioned that if you start the game as the CPU team and then pause at the start and switch the controller to your team that it fixes it.

10. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

After spending the weekend with Madden, I have to say, I love the gameplay and presentation aspects of the game. It's great.

However, for madden 13, I would ask to have features returned to us rather than new features per se.

1. In offline franchise, there is again no sense of the league. How many screens do I have to click through to see the standings? Who is hot? What are the story lines? How many years ago did we have the newspapers and Tony Bruno show? Didn't NFL 2k5 have a weekly highlight show?

2. I think 10 years ago I could act as an owner and set parking, food, jersey prices. Not a huge deal, but fun.

3. How about a rookie scouting combine? Kinda like the NBA 2k scouting system?

4. I remember madden 93 would show scores around the league during my season games. Can we have that back? Maybe a post game show?

Otherwise, the gameplay is nice. I love the game.

11. Jared Zilla

Jared Zilla Walk On

1. Throw in the trick onside kicks
    2. Defense somehow bats down the ball even though it's a tall bomb and they are on the tallest portion of the throw.
    3. New create a team logos that dont look like they were drawn by 1st graders.
    4. Why is the quarterback always the last one to the line on a no huddle when he is the one who calls it? Pretty much walks.
    5. To be continued.

12. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Better pass defense AI near sidelines.
    Make slants easier to defend.
    Make online franchise function closer to what NCAA is like. Right now it's about halfway in between NCAA and FIFA.

13. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

You don't like the shading feature?

14. Emmdotfrisk

Try WR shading, works for me

15. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

These are in

16. Keller

Its in the game? How do you do it? Can you shade inside or outside?

17. Emmdotfrisk

yes its in the game. inside or out yes.

18. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

How?

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheGodCracker

TheGodCracker Walk On

I have wondered the same thing with the weather during franchise mode but it really is no big deal. It rains 90% of the time though. Madden 12 to me is a lot better than last years game but still some things need to be fixed.

1. Superstar Mode - I made a receiver who was 64 overall but still when I was drafted in the 4th round I was moved past everyone else on the depth chart. Fix this, make us earn the playing time.
    2. Too many easy throws are overthrown, even the computer does this.
    3. I like the free agent bidding system in franchise mode but the timer moves too fast, you really cant plan who you want but no big deal.
    4. The NFL draft in franchise mode has been the same every year, the process I mean. They should add something to it to bring it back to life, like maybe the first 5 picks walking on stage to hold their new teams jersey.
    5. Player personalities should be brought in to the game a little more in depth. Like for instance if I brought in T.O. he could be a cancer in the locker room and kind of throw us off resulting in him being released or something.
    6. Blocking assignments need to be fixed, I was playing and the other teams linebacker was rushing from the weak side. My runningback was in a blocking assignment waiting beside the quarterback to pick up anybody blitzing. He of course did not pick up, he stood there while the guy almost killed me.
    7. When you move a team in franchise mode, the logos are all generic. You should be able to keep your teams logo and apply it to the field and helmet if you want. Either way the generic logos need to be upgraded.

20. TheGodCracker

TheGodCracker Walk On

Oh and bring player fines into franchise mode. Also, better touchdown celebrations.

21. mquell22

mquell22 Walk On

Im gonna keep it simple; these are features i hope i would see in Madden 13..

.First of all superstar mode needs a great improvement or there really is no use for it. I believe you should be able to select the role you would like to play for the team such as a starter, nickel back, return man, etc. There also needs to be a more deeper player editor far as appearance. You cant even add hair to a player anymore.

.I think you should be able to substitute players throughout EVERY area of the game including special teams like in previous versions of madden.

.Weather adjustments should be available instead of just precipitation. We should be able to adjust the temperature of a game just because of the fact that its kinda cool to see the steam when a player breathes in cold weather.

. we all can agree that rating are terrible. player ratings need to be addressed because there are many players in the game with very low speed ratings that deserve higher....

22. electrichead

electrichead Walk On

For Franchise

Bring back
    Some of the fun options, such as owner mode where you can view advisors, change prices for various things. If you already can, then make it easier to find ;)
    The news section, like from Madden 06, where you can read emails and league news and all that.
    Player moods. If they are disgruntled, want to holdout, love the team, whatever. It was more realistic and fun.
    The scouting is an improvement but they need the scouting notes like they used to have.
    From Madden 10, you could take a player to training camp or play a college allstar game.Maybe allow the top 5 (individual workout guys) to come in for some drills or something.
    And, bring back Training Camp, but improve it so that more players can join in. To compromise (or prevent a super team of beasts), make it to where they earn less points (instead of say 7 for beating the drill, make it 5). Some may want a super team of beasts but since you can edit the players, they can do it that way. I only use the editing if it doesn't match real life correctly (I had to improve Cam Newton's pocket awareness and speed, agility and acceleration because DEs and DTs where chasing him down too easy, which never happened in real life).
    I also liked the player progression system better before it was changed, although I like it now too because it seems more realistic, but it's all good either way on that part.

I love most of the changes and improvements, but there are a few things I would like to see changed and/or added.

The preseason games roster. I enjoy the 77 player roster, but the depth chart is randomized and shows my kicker as the back up QB, HB playing as the slot receiver, CBs and S mixed up. It takes so long to change it back during the game and then you have to do it again after half time. I want to be able to set my depth chart before a game and it stays that way until I change it so that I can evaluate the undrafted players and determine, easier, who to cut each week. The depth chart before the game is set how I like it but it doesn't seem to matter once the 2nd quarter rolls around.

Also, in the first season after I initially updated the roster, I had a kicker.. Kunic was his name. I cut him that season with the intention on bringing him back for season 2. However, he disappeared and so did many other of the players that were undrafted the season before. I understand that it's a lot of info to carry and the FA pool would be HUGE if they were all kepts, but if there is a way that makes sense, do it.

In roster updates, current practice squad players are missing from both the roster and the FA. They are just out there in limbo, so maybe add a practice squad. Jeff Buyers, a backup center for the Panthers is an example of a player who was in FA before the roster update, but then disappeared afterward (he was on the PS at the time of the update).

I use Panthers and it rains every single home game. I heard there was a patch, but I don't know how to get it or whatever. Excuse my noobnes or whatever you crazy kids call it these days.

I love the random pictures of the rookies. It's better than a dark silhouette and way better than the older Maddens when there look like cartoons. There are apparently A LOT of twins though, so maybe take pictures of a million people and use all of them instead of recycling them. Both my backup guards in season 3 were twins although they had different last names. It's no big deal, kind of picky, but it is a wish.

The probowl is too serious in the game. Since the preseason auto reorders depth chart, do it instead for the probowl so all of the guys can play, like in real life. I had to play against Tom Brady for 4 quarters and he had the Super Bowl to play the next week. He shouldn't even have been there.

A linebacker in zone coverage turns into an 8 foot monster if a pass is thrown over his head, because they just jump up and knock down every ball. Gerald McCoy, DT for the Bucs, was right behind RB Jonathan Stewart step for step as he ran a 40 yard TD once. That big man can move!...?

I like the defensive audible menus except that I like the older way better, where you can highlight the player and move the right stick to make them blitz, go into a zone, spy, etc. It was quicker and easier.

Graphics are decent enough although some players are wearing the same jersey numbers.

The commentary sucks, and not because I can't stand Collinsworth in real life, that's one thing, but mainly because it's repetitive and about 50% of the time it doesn't match what's going on.

23. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

-Atmosphere. I played an AFC Championship game recently. The place was half empty. Major head scratcher there.

-Make scouting a real challenge. Players should be rewarded by scouting diligently. Gems/busts remain.

-Fully functional OF

-Fix premade draft classes. Some things just don't add up. So many small WRs are projected first rounders (5'8-5'10). It takes an incredibly fast/quick guy to break into the first round as a WR under 6 foot.

-Throw out fixed potential. Make scheme and stats matter more.

-To add to the above point, a player shouldn't just stop progressing because he's older. Look at Eli this year. In M12, nothing you can do with Eli will ever get him over his 88 rating (I think thats what he shipped as). Yet with roster updates, he ends up a 94. There should be a way to incorporate this into franchise mode

-Make the draw less overpowered

-Make play action meaningful. Incorporate the following: QBs PA rating, the defensive players' awareness, and the success running the ball. If you've been running the ball really well with a QB with great PA, players should bite on the play fake.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  24. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

When it comes to Madden 13 there are a lot of things I want to come but from the trailers I have recently seen a few of those seem to be currently worked on therefore I shall leave them out of my list

- Franchise mode potential system needs some form of adaption: What I mean by this is if anyone here has played NBA 2k12 association mode, you might know that during the off season there are much more user friendly things to do that such as doing off season drills to help your players essentially develop. 2k also ran on the potential system as a way for players to improve each system but what they added which I would like to see if the ability to use reward points you have gained over the previous season to bump the potential of certain player. Obviously this costed a lot of points but if there was a player you really took a liking to as a B potential than being able to help him become that true super star really should be an option to me. So to make a long story shot I would really like for Madden 13 to add off season drills that improve your players stat lines.

- The premade draft classes were great but I think they need to make the better players more the in top 3-4 rounds so that getting an early draft pick makes a difference. I saw too many random A potentials going at the later rounds which didn't make sense to me, I'm all for the dark horses but a D-C potential player in the first or 2nd round is a little bad.

- Revamping the Superstar mode and a superstar mode that actually has COMMENTARY. Playing a silent superstar mode makes it old really fast and can make the whole variant very stale.

- Allow for more in depth scouting so that you don't have to scout a players stiff arm ability when they are a left tackle

- Lastly, PLEASE make the online franchise mode the exact same way that offline franchise is.