Madden '14 Wishlist: Let's start now

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by HackGolfer, Sep 6, 2012.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Let's start getting some ideas together!

2. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Defensive assignments out back as a coach option

3. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

First and foremost, they need to upgrade the D-Line/O-Line interactions with the new physics engine and stop the glue animations.

Bring back the NCAA Import Class option, not a huge deal with me personally but I know people are butt hurt about it.

Make running hurry-up more costly and audibling into 4wr sets from any I-formation should never be an option.(I know it's technically legal but you cannot match speed on defense then)

Played a guy the other day online that did the run 20 yards back trick and he was successful with it. That's complete garbage and should be fixed.

I would like to see classic teams come back, I always found it fun to play the 85 Bears against the 72 Dolphins.

Just my opinions!

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    How about some commissioner options like:

1. Throw Out Results
    2. See how many restarts there are.

Shaun Mason Emmdotfrisk

• Like Like x 9
  5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Position Changes
    Practice Squads
    Positional Practice Drills

• Like Like x 10
  6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Remove 100% hot route accuracy.

Meaning i shouldnt be able to call five Wide and be able to call a hot route on all five receivers and they all run the hot route i selected accurately. If i have a WR that has a stupid AWR rating of 20, he should be stupid and run a wrong route from time to time,well, probably moreso because he is stupid.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Would you consider NCAA's model a good middle ground? The jagged lines and animation as if they can't hear or are confused?

• Like Like x 1
  8. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

I kinda miss transaction history

• Like Like x 2
  9. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

The ability to change positions.

Trade value grades.

Return of those indiv. player drills you could do in the offseason, back in the last-gen Maddens. One, they were fun, but more importantly, it lets you focus on one guy you want to give extra attention. We could use a small amount of coaching XP or something to "purchase" a session for a player through the season, or extra sessions in the offseason (I believe you only had a certain amount of times you could work a guy out).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Im not familiar too much with ncaa, i played like 2 or 3 games this year. That would be a good compromise i guess, as long as something is put in to regulate the abuse of hot routes and puts more importance to running the play you pick as is or with one of two adjustments. The more adjustments you make, the percentage of a mistake should increase significantly.

This would also put more importance on the type of receiver/TE you draft, yes you can get a super fast receiver, but if he is a derp, he should play like one.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Emmdotfrisk

Here we go, thats some good game design right there.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Also one thing i did like in NCAA was no huddle. In NCAA, after you activate no huddle, you can pick a brand new play within the same formation before you get to the line. In madden, you line-up and have to audible or run the same exact play.

I believe this would be a great addition to Madden.

• Like Like x 5
  13. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

CCM

-Everything BobJr said

-Practices are boring. Perhaps incorporate the position drills that were in Madden 05 to spice things up, because I love the concept.

-Audio fixes to represent an accurate history of a team/player. Meaning, if I win a superbowl in year 5 with Eli, year 6 I shouldn't hear Phil talk about how Eli has two rings. They also need to reflect on the past season of team's in general. I'd also like some specific storylines tied into players in the draft.

-I think coaching xp needs a bit of an overhaul. If I'm a team builder, the scouting pack shouldn't be cheaper. I should inherently be better at scouting. With this model, everyone will be able to scout the same in year 2 or 3, provided they buy the pack first. In this sense, coaching type loses significance down the road.

-More storylines related to players in the draft. These are great, can't have enough of them.

-Schemes should be more important. Right now, they effect OVR, which is essentially meaningless. While reflective of attributes more important in that specific scheme (ie zone coverage for a tampa 2 CB), players individual attributes should dip if not in the correct scheme. Not size, speed, acc...but the intangible ratings. I have a buddy who has a lowly position in the Redskin's front office, all he talks about is schemes. They don't even look to acquire players if they don't feel they are a good fit for their scheme.

-I'd like to see 2 separate mock drafts with McShay/Kiper or possibly Mike Mayock. I love Mayock, it'd be sweet if he got involved.

-Draft grades and a draft review show would be awesome.

-What happened to the mentor player role? I liked those. As it stands now, it's hard to develop a backup QB, even if you have a guy like Peyton in front of him.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Emmdotfrisk

yeah I like the no huddle format for NCAA much better than Madden, unfortunately Madden is probably more realistic lol

15. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Perhaps, but every team i believe has two minute drill plays, many times after the play is finished after a completion. You see everybody run down field to line up, as the qb is runnig you see he is already giving hand signs. Could it be for show? maybe, but with like 30 seconds left, im guessing the hand signals when he is running down the field is actually a play call.

16. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I would like to see the Draft Coverage change..

It's nice now but I think it could be way better with a war room type of setting.
    I created a concept, but haven't had too much time to really spruce them up. I will post it regardless.[​IMG]

The NFL Draft is the most anticipated event of the NFL offseason and everyone knows it is one of the most prestigious honors to be drafted. The brains of every team's operations occurs in a War Room. Over the year’s the war room has evolved from being a secretive room to being accessible to any audience. Whether it is draft day trades, player trades, or following your draft board, the war room is vital to your team’s success.

To start off the draft Trey Wingo would begin the coverage and kick off the first round. From there you would be able to click the Right stick and switch to your “war room”. The Right stick would be the means for switching between the Draft Coverage and the war room.

As you can see the War Room page (conceptional design) consists of five main items. These items will be able to be used by scrolling to the highlighted item and clicking A (or x). They are as follows:

Scouting

The scouting page consist of any knowledge or scouting that you may have done through the course of the connected career. It will also provide the red flags of certain players throughout the draft. The red flags could be players with injuries, players with a storied background, or players who do not have a passion for the game.

GM Phone

This feature would allow you to contact any GM or team in the Connected Career. Once you select a team, it will allow you to negotiate trades of players or draft picks. Additionally, other teams will be able to contact you and in such case the phone will light up on your War Room screen. Be quick with your trades, because the clock is always ticking!

Whiteboard

The whiteboard would be where you have officially ranked the players that you want to select for your team. It will also be a place where your team needs are easy to see. Once a player is selected off the whiteboard, he is removed from viewing on that screen. The Board will also tell you who you have selected during the draft process

Player Pool

The Player pool is an interface that shows every player eligible for the draft. It would show the height and weight of all players along with the school they attended. It can be sorted by position, height, weight, or any attribute.

Draft Coverage

In the middle of the screen you will notice the Draft Coverage TV. This is where Trey Wingo will continue the draft. If you want to maximize this screen all you need to do is click the Right stick. This would be the focal point of the war room so you can continue your draft evaluations while watching the “coverage”.

At the bottom of the screen there is a ticker that constantly updates you on what pick is ongoing and the time limit in that selection. Remember, the clock is always ticking!

Again, we all know the War Room is one of the MOST vital things in building a team. So replicating it in Madden would be a positive step forward.

Emmdotfrisk

• Like Like x 15
  17. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Awesome stuff BobJr . Very frustrating you can't put a draft board together.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Something along the lines of a "discipline" rating. There are too many players getting in trouble off the field and in the locker room to not be a part of Madden. For instance a player like Pacman Jones or Plaxico or someone can have a lower discipline rating which could mean higher chance of penalties or even as far as getting ejected from a game or higher chance of not going 100% on a play or low improvement from lack of work ethic? Maybe some players getting in "off-the-field" legal issues which makes them miss a game or 2? No need to add charges or anything haha, but something teams definitely have to consider in player evaluation is their conduct and the impact they will have on the locker room. Just an idea to add realism.

Also a team chemistry rating perhaps. I know it was in NBA 2K a couple years back and it would almost penalize your team for cutting/ signing new starters frequently. For example the Eagles last year sucked because of no team chemistry. So that would be another way to add a realism factor to the game. So owners can't just change their entire lineup year to year.

Since CCM has gotten deeper with salary caps online and more "financially aware" I think seeing something along the lines of a hold-out would be cool. Maybe like a star player is not getting a new contract so he threatens to sit out games? This could also tie into "discipline" rating?

I know these are very detailed items but it would be cool to see in the twitter feed something like "C. Johnson will miss 2 games due to off the field issue." or something similar.

Input for gameplay is better OL/ DL play. And also bring back the fighter jets flying overhead in the pre-game. That was sweet. At least for the season opener? Or like a big american on the field like at the beginning of the super bowl?

As others said, have the commentary update with the League. So it won't be repeating the same stats 6 years into the league.

In old NCAA basketball games there was a cool feature that would be great in CCM mode. In the game was a list of like 500 common and easy-to-pronounce surnames (like Brown, Hernandez, Williams, Johnson, Smith) that the game had programmed into it that were included in the commentary. So when creating a player you could select one of these surnames that was closest to yours if it wasn't included in the list. That way the game would actually say your selected name as opposed to "the head coach", or "the quaterback" or whatever.

To add to that ^ since the game obviously recognizes voices with the Kinect you could have the player say their name on the kinect like " Anthony Brown" Then the game could read and then have the commentator say it! I don't even know if this is possible, but with the advances in technology nowadays I don't see why not. Just some ideas for ya, to get the creativity ball rolling.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  19. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

I like the team chemistry idea.

Formation subs when in the league menus. Not a lot of time to figure out "spell hb" or what not in game. NCAA has had the ability to do the formation subs out of game for a long time and I know that Madden used to have it but has long been taken out. Give me the ability to set my formations as I see fit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

PUP List

• Like Like x 1
  21. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I also would like to see OTA's to build XP if this is the way things are going to dictate progression going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    If you have ever played OOTP, I love the way they do the draft on there. That is what I was thinking with the Player Pool and the Whiteboard of who you want.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

We talked about this a bit in HK, but I'd like a regular practice in CCM. This could go along with a practice squad and doesn't have to be something that gains players XP...just a basic practice.

• Like Like x 1
  24. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Also a "Player cam" like the "lockdown" cam madden had back in 2010. You could click in the left stick and the camera would flip around to see the field from your players P.O.V. Would be very useful in my CCM since I'm a CB and I can never see my match-up with the WR for the first 5 yds until we enter the screen.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Emmdotfrisk

nice work bob!