Madden 15 and Short Dev Cycle

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Drifterbub, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    A recent article on the short development cycle was released by examiner.com where the author interviews EA developer Rex Dickson suggests that Madden 15 "was not hurt by the short dev cycle" because they were able to simply take the most talented people from the NCAA franchise and put them to work on Madden 15.

While that is true, the fact remains that this cycle is more than 25% shorter than most. It doesn't matter how much extra help you have, lopping 3 months off of the cycle screws with your timelines and ultimately has to influence decisions you can make during different parts of the cycle.

With that being said, I am impressed with the improvements from Madden 25 to Madden 15 and am glad the Madden team picked up some of the old NCAA guys, because a lot of those guys are incredibly talented. While we are in a short dev cycle, it is nice to see the Madden team push forward to deliver us close to a full cycle's worth of improvements. I'm excited for the future of the franchise for the first time in a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What happens when EA decides to make a college football game again?

Why is it still a shortened cycle? Shouldn't that have ended with the release of M25 and now they have a full cycle for M15?

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    The release of M25 was almost at thanksgiving last year thanks to the next gen launches. They are typically well underway with the next game by then.

Not to mention that the dev team was split three ways for M25 - NCAA, current gen Madden and next gen Madden.