Madden 15 Stream - 4:30 est

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Drifterbub, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Guys,

EA is going to be streaming some Madden 15 gameplay with Rex and RG at 4:30 est. It will probably last a couple hours. Tune in if you want to check out what is going on.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

That's was some really good stuff Drift and I'll admit SOME of what you stated previously seems to be right, lol. I thought the stream was really well done and it actually convinced me to buy the game new to support what these guys seem to be trying to do.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

This wasn't recorded by chance was it???

4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I like the defensive coverage improvements from the Dline to the DB's. Defenders actually playing the ball. I absolutely love that we can disguise the defense. Soooo happy that the offensive audibles are limited to the quarterback cadence; i.e. no more calling an entirely different passing play before the offense reaches the LOS. Great presentation in game. The kicking arch is a cool feature. Really liked the group tackle improvements. Players still reacting even when the ball is dead. Receivers have the ability to swat the ball when their defender has better position on the pass???? Nice!

• Like Like x 4
  6. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

This actually left me with concerns. These new features seems like great additions but I'm afraid many of them will be too recurrent to be realistic. In the video for example through that rivers makes as he's hit is described as "inaccurate" is really about 18 inches in front of hitting the receiver in between the numbers and they described it as an effort catch and it was really a catch any receiver would catch. The offense also connected on every hook route they specifically made to defensive adjustments to stop. The contain defensive line looks like it helps but they never really immediately sprinted to sideline after the snap like many cheesers do. With that said, the disguised coverage and false blitz look good and have been a needed addition for a while. Pursuit AI looks to be much improved as well. That seems to be the hardest part about making a football game, the fact that they're are 22 guys on every play with AI that have to function cohesively. We'll see what difference the QB ratings they supposedly re-weighted have done. But what makes me worry most is they admit its not the 9.-something rated game they want. Hopefully that means that have exceptionally high standards. No offense to these guys cause I don't know how many years they've been working on the madden franchise but that game they're talking about is long overdue. The lack of competition they've had has let them sit on a slightly above average game for awhile. With that said these guys do seem like they are trying to right the ship and I commend them but its seems like we're a couple years away from that premier experience.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    There was a ton of negative feedback for the powerpoint deck that lead it off. People wanted to see more gameplay stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
  10. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

I feel where you're coming from with much of this, I mainly was pleased with the candor about the issues and the seeming effort being shown for addressing them. Like I stated, I plan on supporting them this year with a new buy and look forward to seeing how it all pans out after release, as well as how they build on this next year.

11. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

I enjoyed the actual game play session but I also felt the power point was very informative, I like that format to break things down before jumping into game play.

Also wanted to pass on a few suggestions that came up while discussing the preplay adjustments on OS. Nothing deep or wishlisty, imo, just some basic things that could add to the strategy, imo.

"I'd love to see the bluff blitz feature taken one step further and actually automatically position the player in a blitz look on the field once that action has been initiated and automatically changing his posture to a blitz look at the same time and then they drop back into their assignment. The feature the way it is now does nothing to a pre-snap read."

"I agree, what you're describing seems like what "show blitz" should be in Madden instead of a how it is now, which basically seems like stacking the box, not showing bltiz, imo. I'm think "bluff blitz" is fine and has merit but having both would be better."

"I think the next step should be taking away the ability to bring up the playart on All Pro and All Madden by default and add in an increased chance for miscommunication/players running a different route than what the QB adjusted to, for less AWR players and the more preplay adjustments made. In real life QBs have no idea for certain what any other player is going to do, they only know what they should do based on the play call/ audible/adjustment. So since offensive Users are essentially the QBs presnap at the LOS, stop giving them the ability to be certain of the other players assignments/adjustments by bringing up the playart. Leave on by default on lower settings as a teaching tool but have it off by default and an option for All Pro/All Madden. That way it's off by default for online ranked and optional for league Commissioners/offline Users."
    http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2046406041&postcount=336

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Hahaha, we've been telling you this was coming for a while now and no one wanted to hear it...that's why I stopped talking about it.:)

• Like Like x 2