Madden 15 Top Rookie Ratings Revealed

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Drifterbub, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I am happy with Matthews.
    90 pass block is hard to not like as a rookie.

95 Hit power for Pryor..wow

Clowney is a beast on paper.

Donald Acc is beastly for a DT. Those Rams will be flying around the ball

Dennard 92 press is nice for a rookie and 89 man coverage...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  3. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Clowney is a beast on the sticks. I was finesse moving guys and ruining plays from the back side. lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I'm scared of what him and Watt look like on the field together..

95 Hit power for Clowney! Yikes

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You should be. It's gross.

• Like Like x 1
  7. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

August 1st cant get here soon enough to see the rest of the league

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Sammy Watkins = 93 speed? Mmmhhmmm.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

Ok Drift, Shaun and whoever else is close to creating process for Madden, I find myself thinking about somethings in light of these ratings coming out. I feel that ratings are likely a lost cause at this point because they are too marketing driven. So those aside, what is you're take on Tiburon utilizing other in-game assets to help differentiate players?

For instance DPP is presumably still in, with the traits, inconsistency, hot/cold streaks, etc, which should be able to fluctuate ratings similar to how it was done in Tecmo Super Bowl with player conditions. Also, with regard to signature and tiered animations, is there anyone close to the process pushing for this as a way to go beyond a player like Clowney just not having a spin move and having finesse moves like Moore mentioned but him having access to very ineffective spin move animations and good finesse moves animations, with the potential in a career mode to progress or decline into accessing better or worse animations?

Edit: Wanted to add this link because this guy does a great job, imo, breaking down what I'm referring to and he has created quite a few threads about it. http://www.operationsports.com/foru...animations-ratings-how-they-go-hand-hand.html

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    There have been extensive talks about what you are describing both from guys like AzureEffect SimFBallCritic Smitty and myself. I think the sim guys like the way 2k did it where they released only certain animations based on skill. However, I think FIFA probably does the best job of this through the skill moves rankings. I think that could easily be applied to Madden and make a huge impact.

The conversations of isolating skill sets of elite players is definitely happening. Everyone wants Adrian Peterson to play like Adrian Peterson and not like Shady McCoy, etc. I think you are seeing a step towards that with passing inaccuracies further separating QBs like Petyon Manning and Josh Johnson.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

Thanks, glad to hear the discussion is happening. In relation to the FIFA skill move rankings being the best fit, I glanced at them through Google search and it seems fine, yet I wonder do these skill move rankings also apply to all CPU/AI controlled players/teammates? Clint recently tweeted that the "block steering" will not be utilized by CPU/AI controlled players in M15, though other line moves will, which is a disappointment for me and I just wonder going forward is there an intention that all players utilize in-game mechanics. I would hope so considering the power point showing bullet points about counting on AI defenders to do their jobs and the CPU/AI utilizing hot routes/presnap adjustments, etc, just interested in knowing that the User control emphasis, which I think is fine, doesn't take away from agreeing that CPU/AI teammates on User teams should play like themselves too.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    To answer your question, yes the FIFA skill moves apply to a player no matter if they are AI or user controlled. CPU Messi and Ronaldo will wreck your b-hole.

13. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

Just for clarification I mean the other players on the User's team too. For example in FIFA, unless there is some kind of player lock feature, I presume the User is always controlling whatever dribbler on offense but do great defensive CPU/AI controlled teammates play like themselves? In Madden something like the FIFA skill move rankings would be solid if it encompasses all positions, so not only would it make User controlling any position fun but would add to the depth of individuality for the other 20-21 players on the field. For example, I would hate to see oline get passed over for skill move ranking because most Users don't want to play oline, when it could add another level of differential to those important positions.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    If you haven't played FIFA, then you should. It's the best sports game on the market and it's not even close. It's better to feel a lot of what we are talking about rather than banter about it.

Yes, the skills stay with the player. Typically all 22 players feel and play different if you are switching from them. There is a player lock feature and passing the ball to Ronaldo as you are player locked on Nani is one of the best moves you can make in the game. Because he'll do about 20 skill moves that only 3% of the players in the game can do and create chances. Combined with the fact that he is rated/more athletic than everyone else makes him very noticeable on the field no matter what team he is on.

It's the same reason why it's actually very difficult to score goals in FIFA with defenders. It's not just speed. They can't physically do things in the game that allow them to create chances, create shots or even make decent passes while running or being jostled (balance).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

Great to hear, that's exactly what I'm talking about with regard to Madden, right down to the player lock. For example I always thought it would fun to be able sign an elite returner in a Madden career mode and have the ability to player lock on another player, allowing the CPU/AI controlled returner to be elite on kickoffs and punts. That would add a level of depth and strategy to special team signings, imo, even for Users without advanced stick skills.

Anyway good stuff man, I hope we see something like that in Madden before Madden 18, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The AI decision calculations on the next gen consoles are insane compared to current gen. So the tech is there.

If EA is passionate about delivering an authentic experience that is the direction it has to go. FIFA is already several steps ahead with regards to this.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

ITS A BUNCHA BULLSHIT!

• Like Like x 2
  18. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I just hope they get his speed right...he ran a 4.68 at the combine...he has potential to be a monster next to Brockers with Long and Quinn outside.

Pretty happy with Robinsons rating...could have been 95 rb 95 str easily...curious what his pass blk is..

19. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

81 speed for Donald....perfect...what a monster he is going to be.

20. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Surprised Beckham Jr. isn't in that top 10. You're an SEC guy and would probably know better than me, but he looks pretty advanced, no?

I do think WRs obviously have a tougher time transitioning. It'd be interesting to see the WR rookie rating relative to other positions.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Rookie WRs are tough to rate highly imo. They are hit or miss at best.

With that being said, most sources I read at draft time didn't have him as high as the other guys on this list.