Madden 16 Post E3 presser

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by BobJr, Jun 15, 2015.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Hey fellow TSO'ers,

We would love to hear feedback on your thoughts after the Madden E3 press conference. If you have any questions we can do our best to answer them.

Shaun Mason Drifterbub and myself have all had extensive time with with the game.

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    With all these new "interactions" is the game becoming a button mashing fest?

How effective is the body catching?
    Does the DB alignment actually cause the receivers path to be to altered?
    How realistic is the penalty frequency?

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Does DB alignment give away the defensive coverage?

Is the ball hawk feature reflective of the actual player attributes?

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    There are lots of controls but I wouldn't call it button mashing.

Penalties were refreshing IMO, but I'm sure others would disagree

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Db alignment didn't feel that way but I did not play around with that feature as much

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    DB alignment - Can you explain what you mean here?

It's not a ball hawk feature. It's 2-man interactions. Yes, it does take into account ratings. Still needed more polishing and tuning than the build we had.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CHUNKNESS

"This includes a complete overhaul to our defensive pre-play alignment system, as defenders now align to the inside or outside of the receiver based on the coverage and where they want to force them. "

This sounds cool in theory as long as the DB alignment isn't a complete giveaway of the defense... Can you verify one way or the other?

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Moving inside or outside pre-snap being a giveaway? I don't remember them moving pre-snap, but even if they did, this happens in real life as well.

I'll ask some others.

9. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Does anyone know if they fixed when someone attempts an onside kick does the ball still, I'll says sucks to a member of the receiving teams hand without him even making a motion of catching it. Not a big thing but always just been a pet peeve of mine

10. CHUNKNESS

I'm just curious , with the new rollout feature implementation is it similar to taking the QB sideline immediately following the snap? So for example, in our leagues we don't want guys sprinting to the sideline with the QB once the ball is snapped or rolling out unless it is a play by design or a broken play where the pass protection breaks down. Does the rollout feature make it easier for guys to take advantage of running sideline and creating a "new play" when it isn't by design? Depending on the defense and the play call, how is the defensive AI at reacting to the QB rollout and covering the receivers once the QB has rolled out with the new feature ?

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    We played some head to head games while I was there, and I played QJB, who tried to abuse me with Mariota. He ended up beating me by a couple points, but if I put someone in spy he couldn't do much. Unlike past years where the spy just hangs out until the QB hits the LOS, you can actually trigger him to rush him early.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CHUNKNESS

Good to know the spy does what it is supposed to. Does the rest of the defense react correctly to the rollout play as well or do they blow their coverage assignment whether it be man or zone?

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think for guys playing competitively that it adds a new dynamic because you can cancel play action and immediately get the hell out of there.

I understand the premise behind such a rule and originally wrote it into TSOs gameplay constitution. However, since the advent of QB contain I do not think it is worth policing. Additionally, unless you slow back down from a sprint and into the rollout mechanic, throwing from a sprint will give you an inaccurate throw modifier almost every time.

so whether you rollout immediately or sprint, QB contain basically results in the QB getting eaten by the DE.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I hate it too.

I honestly don't remember trying an onside kick, but they didn't mention adding anything in like that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CHUNKNESS

Thanks Ronnie. Really appreciate the feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

1. How if at all has the o-line play been worked on? Do pulling lineman still run on a 50/50 scale whether they block or just slog around and get in your way? Part b. Will lineman/blockers continue to bump their assignments then run up field leaving their assignment free to make a stop.

2. Has owner mode been fixed so owners using smaller market teams have a chance to have a enjoyable experience and don't need to have a work around created to keep playing?

3. when I think of this new wr/db interaction all I see is another head ache for commishes. Will this be something that can be tuned or turned off?

4. Will the y button actually work? Don't know if this has been put with the topic above, but reading a play perfect then pressing y only for it not to work is very aggravating.

5. Formation subs are they in the game? this should like a lot of other stuff been in the game for awhile.

6. Keep hearing about gang tackling. is it real gang tackling or the same canned animations they have had the last few yrs that they keep passing off as new gameplay enhancement?

7. The progression/goal system as is already promotes a environment of people putting their feet in that gray area when it comes to stats. Doesn't this new drive specific further encourage cheesy behavior?

8. To me this just sounds like a cheesier version of m15 with penalties that might work and a added tackler to the canned gang tackling animation. Can you guys assure us that it's not?

Drifterbub BobJr Shaun Mason

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Line play is better. I know that the modified the logic for full backs and pulling lineman so that they more consistently make a better read. There was a legacy issue that caused a lot of running plays to get blown up, but they addressed it. Maybe Drifterbub or BobJr can remember, but it had to do with lead blocking, it's been months since I saw the presentation so I'm a bit fuzzy.

Money won't be an issue in owners mode unless they break something. We made sure that money wasn't a limiting factor, more that the "rich" teams can build better infrastructure.

No, it's core to the gameplay. If it's tuned right it will be ok, if not it will be jump ball heaven.

I didn't have any issues with it responding, ever.

No, and agree.

You'll have to see it with your eyes, but it's pretty badass in my opinion. It is much more organic feeling.

Cheesers gonna cheese.

Nope, and I wouldn't without playing the final build, too much shit changes.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The legacy issue was that the logic used to determine potential paths for the ball carrier was being influenced by the lead/pull blockers. In previous games the lead blocker was "blind" to a hole if his lead/pull blocker was occupying that gap, which is why we see so many CPU runs get bounced outside for a loss. The current AI in M16 is modified to exclude those blockers in situations where a hole is otherwise open and pursues the appropriate run path.

bringbackjimmy - I think Shaun pretty much covered my thoughts on everything else.

I assume when you talk about hitting "Y" you are talking about offense. To be more specific, hitting A, X or Y to trigger the different catch types is pretty similar to previous years in responsiveness. For example, hitting Y in the middle of a streak route when the ball is only 5 ft from the QB's hand won't trigger any immediate response or effort from the WR. Like Shaun said, I haven't had any issue with my WR not attempting to catch a ball with Y since NCAA 10.

In Madden 15, because of face catching and other bullshit that exists in the game you could almost argue that the catch animations are too responsive based on the lack of DB interactions and their inability to reach/break on shit routes that people take advantage of. The 2-man interactions should hopefully mitigate some of this.

I don't believe drive goals will influence people to be 'cheesey' with stat whoring. The drive goals I experienced during play testing seemed to be pretty realistic based on matchups and it should encourage people to mix it up a bit in their play calling, if anything. I think a lot of people have the misunderstanding that drive goals are something along the lines of "Your WR has 400 yards, throw for 100 more on this drive to break the world record!" which is incorrect. Instead they are more along the lines of "We need to get our HB involved in this game, complete two passes to the HB this drive" for +X xp.

I never assure anyone of anything. It appears that you have already such a negative impression of M15 and what is shown of M16 that you will continue to be negative despite anything that we tell you. Which is your prerogative. I think multiple video game developers on multiple titles have developed the industry standard for the amount of change consumers can expect from an annual release deadline. If you are constantly hoping for more sweeping, revolutionary change every year then you are not being realistic. And if that is something you truly want then your only options are to be constructive in order to increase the impact every cycle or talk with your wallet and only buy the game every other year.

• Like Like x 4