Madden 17: Franchise Improvements Announced

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Drifterbub, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
  2. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
  4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Somewhere around 40-50 hours I bet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Does the gameplay and CFM stuff improve over the past year?

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Gameplay - yes. The running game feels really good. The game is much more balanced now as you actually have control over your defenders. Especially with the ball in the air. Zones are freaking legit. I can't possibly go through the extensive zone logic improvements, it takes a high football IQ to understand them.

I didn't play much CFM in '16, I mostly played MUT. However, the addition of practice squads as well as a heavy focus on tuning and such really does more than words. Perhaps it's better coming from someone like BobJr . We are waiting on the total feature set to be announced, because we were really working on a lot of things the last event we went to.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    The little things will add up for sure.

8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Has the player goal process been tuned? Are they more realistic from a team standpoint? For example two 1200 yard rushers or five 12 sack guys on the same team.

Also are draft classes more balanced from top to bottom? Any better draft story integration? Still on two years pick trades?

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    We are waiting on confirmation of what we can talk about. All our contacts are at EA Play and E3 right now lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

As a guy who absolutely hated M16, I'm heading into M17 with a wait-and-see approach. I'm hoping they bounce back this year because last year was a huge disappointment for me, personally. Don't see enough info that has been released in the way of online franchises that really has me excited yet. It looks like all the info they've released on franchise mode has been more geared towards offline play. I don't really get the "Play The Moment" feature they've developed. To me, that's more for the casual Madden fan who gets bored with the game quickly. Hoping that's not their big sticking point for franchise play this year, but I'm sure some players will love it. The game planning feature will be a really nice addition to online franchise play, just have to hope it's not one of those features that's broken in some way all release. I love Madden and am hoping they improve on last year's game and get me back on the ship!

11. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Madden 16 was my favorite installment since about 2009 so I have hope for 17. As for these features, it's a mixed bag for me.

This play the moments thing looks like a total dud for sim players. And maybe I'm the only one but I don't really get the big decision things? Granted, I just skimmed the post but isn't every free agent signing or player cut a big decision? I guess I was expecting more from the franchise hype.

On the positive side, the addition of the practice squad is great.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Here is some info from my boy Sim and CFM lead designer John White.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Is regression the same? Or is it more gradual? Five or six point speed drops just because they turned 30 seems excessive. To me it should be factored into a continual wear and tear situation. The 300 plus carry guys should hit some of sort of hall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    We had more conversations with the devs about regression than I care to admit. We found some stuff we think they are addressing.

• Like Like x 2