1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Madden 18 Wishlist: Misc

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by BobJr, Jan 23, 2017.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Let's hear them!

One item we have discussed in HK, is the ability to carry over your roster from release to release.

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

1. Change Free Agency Bidding. Make it blind. I shouldn't be able to know if the contract I offered is worth more or less than another bid based on points.

2. Contract Restructuring. Make it difficult to do and add repercussions. Players at a certain age have an option pop during an offseason period that allows you, the owner, to negotiate their current contract. Example, after a couple of seasons, Joe Flacco regresses at age 34 and the Ravens ownership wants to move in another direction, but are sitting on a horrendous contract.

During that phase, you can offer a new contract to that player, for which the player can reject or accept. The likelihood of acceptance/rejection is dependent on playing time, age, life of remaining contract, performance, injury, etc. Example, Joe Flacco rejects the offer because he started all of last season and took the Ravens to a 10 win season, while having a solid year by QB standards. -OR- Flacco accepts the new contract after being benched for an entire year behind Rookie QB, Cooper Rush. Make it difficult for a player to accept a new contract.

If the player accepts the new contract, his confidence rating plummets, impacting his attributes, which effects his gameplay. Example, Joe Flacco accepted the new contract. In the following season, Rush goes down with an ACL injury in week 3. Flacco Is capable, but has lost accuracy, throw power and is no longer ELITE.

It shouldn't be easy to get a player to accept a new contract and there should be a drop off in performance to deter guys from wanting to restructure all contracts because they're in a bind. It should be only available to players that are at or above a certain age, somewhere in the 30s. An accepted contract also takes money (an incentive to accept) out of the teams funds. You could have it where the more money that is offered, the more likely it is that the player will accept, but you could still run into problems with CFM members abusing this system.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:

On free agency, the point system makes it too easy to basically money whip. I wouldn't mind seeing that change to maybe one bid per FA. Here is a thought, what if you request a visit from the Free Agent. The FA would decide on the visit, based on the underlying factors that are in the game now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

That is a lot better than the current option that encourages covert FA snipe battles where 52 offers are made back and forth right before an advance.

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I know. Cimmy24 is on to something too..We have some users that decided to give garbage contracts to declining superstars. I am talking vet min

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I cant believe we still don't have this by now but a damn draft board in case you are away. I still have a hard time buying that this can't be done.

7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    For example, AP taking a 1 year 550k contract..

Dude would retire before that garbage

• Like Like x 1
  8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    LOL i feel ya..trust me

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Guy's would also likely tell a team to take a hike if they offered a 5yr 50 mil deal only to pull back and offer a 3yr 12mil deal because the other deal got salary cap bullied out of offering a decent contract.

That shit is garbage lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. RFF

RFF Walk On

Give users some extra flexibility on how contracts are structured (default, front-loaded or back-loaded bonus or salary, etc.)--obviously the dream is allowing users to pick the exact #, but even just giving users 4-5 pre-calculated options as I outlined above for the way salary & bonus are distributed would go a LONG way!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1