1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Madden 18 Wishlist: Scouting

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by BobJr, Jan 23, 2017.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    With Madden 18 around the corner, we would love to hear what you guys want to do as far as scouting goes.

To me we need true scouts that travel the nation collecting data on players, and we need to be able to select what events and pro days our scouts go to.

The scouts should be dynamic with each team having some different data on players in the draft.

I'll expand more soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    What function is effectively different than a points system?

How do you envision a scout system working and will coordinating your team of scouts turn into a cumbersome weekly task (e.g. XP)?

• Like Like x 1
  3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I wouldn't do a "points system", I would incorporate some sort of hour system. But, I would limit it to 6 times during the season and offseason. (5 in season, 1 in offseason)
    Im probably not going to explain this like I want to, I might create an image. Let's say I have 4 scouts, as opposed to one.

Scout 1
    Scout 2
    Scout 3
    Scout 4

After Week 1 of the NFL season, I receive 500 hours of scouting that I have to allocate to my scouts, with each scout receiving no more than 160 hours. I would select the region of the country and which scout goes to that area (NE, NW, SE, SW, MW, etc). From there the scout would report back to me after the following weeks: Week 5, Week 9, Week 13, Week 17. Each time the scout reports back, they give me a few ratings about the players in that area.

Fast forward to offseason, where you get 500 hours to allocate to the scouts for trips to the senior bowl, pro days of your choice (based on their findings throughout the season) and combine.

Im still trying to figure out in my head what would be best to have some scouts differ from other scouts. What I would love to see is a written report, and the user has to decipher what the findings are, I just do not think that is feasible. So I might be 'pipedreaming' on that end.

Keep in mind Im just brainstorming here!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

Yes, I understand the brainstorm.

My question was really alluding to your comment later in the post. Whether it's hours or points, it really doesn't matter. It has to function differently for it to be different from what we already have.

Maybe the scouts have different ability unlocks? Certain guys can scout QBs better where some guys scout OL. High level scouts specialize in offense or defense where as elite scouts can identify good players at all positions?

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

There should be universal info data like at the combine and the all star games. Then you have a specific number of pro days you can attend each week during the offseason with a listing of the players you would get a better sense of their skills. Your scouts rating would provide more accurate evaluations and even make suggestions on where we should rank a player. Pro days would also provide feedback on who is targeting a specific group of players during the offseason.

It would be nice to have some underclassmen that appear or disappear after the offseason begins and they declare for the draft.

In season scouting a scout could say we have these three games that will showcase a group of players and ask which one we would like the scout to attend.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Ok, that was my confusion on that part. I do like that, I think each scout should be able to get better. Maybe after one scout starts finding players at a certain position, his rating goes up.

Of course, it probably turns it into more of another mini game inside cfm.

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The basic thing I want implemented is fuzzy ratings, similar to how scouting was before in NCAA. However you want to implement scouting, it should not be an exact science. They already have a A+ to D or F grading scale so its great it just needs expanded on. In season, lets say I scout a guy and it tells me okay he has B+ speed. Maybe B+ is the final grade, maybe not. But it should definitely not be exact. And I know B+ has a range.... but that is not good enough. In NCAA after you scouted a guy for sometime an A might turn into a B+ or an A+. I'd like to see something like that implemented on top of what Bob has already outlined. NCAA did scouting so much better.