1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Madden 18 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by QuietStorm, Dec 23, 2016.

1. QuietStorm

QuietStorm TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

For our resident game changers or those with influence/voice ...

I'll keep a running list of items of those who reply.

• Global CFM league settings (ball hawk, auto strafe, heat seaker etc...)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

In terms of a CFM website, I'd love to see the following:
    • Allow users to review and update player development, spending XP and reviewing in game season goals for their players (previously included in M16)
    • Allow users to be able to sign and cut players (previously included in M16)
    • Allow users to be able to utilize scouting points from a web and/or mobile app.
    • Allow commish to set sim to win or set a team to AP from a web and/or mobile app

In game:
    • Create a separate window for scouting that can be viewed at any time during the season. It doesn't make sense that teams would be unable to review their scouting documents at any given time.
    • Increase the amount of moving pieces in a trade from 3 to 6. When draft day trades take place for high picks, even in the real NFL, it's never as simple as X, X and X for a the number 1 overall pick. In game trades should reflect the same.
    • A toggle that prevents a new user from cutting players, allowing commissioners to fully vet new members.
    • A specific log indicating not just that a user was edited, but WHAT was the edit was (Dan Smith name changed to Daniel Smith; Block Shed changed from 85 to 87, etc)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Spongy26

Spongy26 Walk On

I want to join hit me up

4. BunchyC

BunchyC Walk On

they need to add some sort of trade finder tool

5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

1. Bring defensive assignments back.
    2. Fix formation subs so that they work correctly and are not limited to a specific number of edits.
    3. Change regression so that it does not effect players unless they have a bad game all around (i.e. do not regress a QB for being sacked 4x in a game if he threw for over 200 yds, had a passing TD(s), and limited INTs if any with a good QB rating result for the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. QuietStorm

In regards to your last CFM Website request, with the Madden Companion app you can set sim win and set a team on AP from the app which is nice.

7. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

Fantastic. I wrote off the app when I heard it was mostly just a csv file upload service. My fault for not evaluating it more closely.

8. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Change the scouting interface to allow to sort the combine grade column.

9. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Assistant coaches

Oline/Dline interaction better (true pockets would be nice)

Regression overhaul, or a slider for regression

Ability for commissioners to force trades, such as being able to manually move the Vikings pick to eagles without relying on users to do it. (Or CPU, or having to switch teams)

If I think of other ones I'll keep posting

• Like Like x 1
  10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Thank you for doing this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    UGH....Doug....if you only knew...

• Like Like x 1
  12. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    IMO Scouting needs to be revamped completely.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    One thing I would love to see in Madden is a more organic progression/regression model. I just feel that XP is getting too played out at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Being able to set an emphasis for off-season and even preseason training would be great. If there was a team/player chemistry feature that would affect how effective the training is.

15. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Basically give me a multiplayer cfm that has everything that was in Madden 2004 original/ps2 Madden :)

A draft board the CPU will go off if someone can't make the draft or have the draft accessible from the app.

Build from 2004 which had coordinators and add a full coaching staff.

Bring back lead blocker that way you can point out the blocks you want to be made instead of praying the blocker in front of you blocks the right guy instead of going after the safety that 12 yards up field.

Take away momentum and HFA and make all the ratings matter.

Change the progression/regression. Right now it just encourages players to stat pad.

16. RFF

RFF Walk On

I echo global league settings, that's a great idea and could go a LONG way toward balancing things like INTs (/staring at you, ball hawk) or kicking to be more realistic without tanking the slider such that there are other, negative effects.

In terms of area of focus in-game, I truly believe after studying way too many countless hours of Madden, NFL, researching NFL vs our league statistics, etc... that the #1 thing the game needs right now is an overhaul of DB/WR interactions. Nominally, this might be read as "improved man coverage!" but it's about much more than simplistically improving Man coverage (that could even make it too good).

Instead, bring the subtlety to that DB/WR interaction that zone coverage & OL play got over the past 1-2 releases:

1) Improve how DBs align vs WRs based on the coverage. Let leverage/alignment allow them to be highly effective vs certain routes (e.g. playing off coverage in an outside alignment should make corner routes or deep outs virtually un-throwable; meanwhile a CB playing inside leverage lining up at the LOS should make completing a slant or drag very difficult unless it's a sizeable mis-match).
    2) Make press coverage great again. Press in the NFL isn't a binary win/lose where if they lose, the WR has 5 steps, and if they win the WR barely moves past the LOS. There is risk, obviously, but bring it more in line with the NFL.
    3) Slightly different than #2, a CB playing right at the LOS isn't always pressing and isn't always vulnerable to the deep ball as long as they are a decent match in speed. Often you see CBs keeping an WR at arms length (literally, part of the technique) on a streak and covering it just fine.
    4) Hips. I see the very first inklings of this in M17, but it serves almost no functional purpose. Where a DB has his hips opened makes a big difference on which direction he's ready to spring and which routes he might be more vulnerable.

I'm sure folks who know more than I could go on. M17 was yet another big step in the right direction for anyone being objective about the franchise. The nuances of DB/WR interactions should be the next area of focus for the team. It will have a huge impact on the ability to balance the game more realistically--with wide-ranging repercussions far beyond just man coverage, to the run game to zone coverage to exploiting talent match-ups to double-teams, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Google doc I have of my ongoing wishlist & thoughts
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/11zuv-u7xsdNZ5MBPikhWPKg9HFrzr2a-GBccOHtn-CA/edit?usp=sharing

18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

I would like to have the option via the app or coach glass to make depth chart adjustments or formation subs during the game. Something to where i can see my players ratings to intelligibly make substitutions. I want to say NCAAA last couple releases gave these options when using coach sim or whatever online.

19. ASinghal31

ASinghal31 Go Bucks.

I'm not sure if this goes here or somewhere else, but I'd love a way to differentiate slot receivers in the depth chart. For example, on the Cardinals team I had, Braxton was my #2 WR going by overall, but I never really wanted him anywhere other than in the slot in 3+ WR formations.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    YES!!! these are great topics for Podcast

21. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Given the community here and what we do (Sim CFM almost exclusively) my answers are gonna be similair to ones already here but here they are;

• Online Draft Board/tool-There will never be a time where all 32 CFM members can be in front of their console at the same time. Drafting is THE single most important teambuilding tool in CFM so it really sucks to put in 16-20 hours per season playing all your games just to miss the draft. Whether its a way to "rank" which prospects you would like the CPU to take or a way to draft from the app this is sonething our community NEEDS.
    • Cusomization-This could go so deep and include so many things. XP sliders were a huge step in the right direction. Maybe you only want to see 7-10 90 OVR + players in the file by year 5. Or maybe you want every team to have a 99 OVR superstar. Offering sliders/customization to where every commish can decide whats best for his league would be great. I would love to see sliders added for things like regression, draft class strength (maybe even position by position), difficulty to re-sign, etc.
    • History Section-I want to see every SB result, every award winner, a Hall of Fame, etc. This adds to the depth and IMO the replayability of sports titles.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Allow the CFM to pick up from the Patriots SB parade. The owner/coach gets to make all the decisions for the 2017 offseason and then go into the regular season. Other sports title have offered that feature, even NFL HC 09.

Port the NCAA Teambuilder site into the Madden sith so that we can create our own custom teams for relocation or even alternate uniforms. I know thats almost impossible given the licensing deals but a guy can dream right?

Allows us to make custom draft classes based on player name, type and skill level then let the game randomize the attributes we scout. I can add Myles Garrett as an elite edge rusher but when I draft him he may come in with 84 overall and slow dev but high physical attributes or he may come in 77 overall with quick dev and low position specific attributes.

• Like Like x 1
  23. QuietStorm

To add ...

Contract Disputes:
    - Have Hold Outs: Players who are out preforming their current pay scale, have some of them demand more money or threaten to hold out. Too often can you get or have players for super cheap that are performing at an elite level. These players should want compensation, it can also be tailored by their predictability trait.

- Have Modified Contract Adjusting: With the given contract already on the books. Have the game give you 3 options to simplify the process for sake of players (owners) not deep into contracts and for the sake of not confusing the game itself. (Low-Safe-High) Lower offer for players with a high predictability and personality trait, would have a higer likelihood of accepting. While obviously unpredictable medium to high personality trait guys want the max money deals.

And to piggy back with the Modified Contract Adjusting, once players hit a set triggered age?? Where the game begins to digitally castrate them and the skills begin to diminish, have the ability to offer pay cuts to those vets instead of just throwing them to the streets. Old heads have value so I hope they can balance their talents with their pay checks.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I don't know if holdouts will ever come back. But the idea of being able to restructure or actually communicate with vets would be a great feature in the game.

I want to be able to tell a Brandon Carr that he needs to take a pay cut.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Choosing the contract structure is a must. I want to be able to give a vet that will be bridge guy for s season or two more upfront cash

• Like Like x 2