Madden 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Madden 2011

Hey guys so EA sports are starting to release info about the upcoming 2011 Madden release. Here is an article about the new "locomotion" technology they are working on, pretty exciting!

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=locomotion

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I was just coming on to post this myself. Seems like a pretty cool new feature. I know people over on the Operation Sports forum seemed to be pretty happy about it. Thanks for posting.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Yeah the locomotion engine will completely change the way madden is played.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

This is awesome......no longer will speed be king in Madden.....I absolutely LOVE IT!

5. Emmdotfrisk

I know right?! I am tired of seeing 60 OVR linebackers with 90 speed dominate in the league

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

LOL not me, that's what evens the field imo

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Speed should not be king. What about awareness? I mean shouldn't heady linebackers with some athletic ability overcome just pure speed guys? I mean, Ray Lewis isn't what he was in his prime, but I'd still take him at MLB in the real NFL over at least 3/4 of the MLBs in the league.

I do wish that in Madden 11 that they would make awareness an actual important stat, especially for QBs. What is the point of getting a guy like Ben Roethlisberger, for example (94 ovr in our franchise) over a guy like Josh Freeman (78 ovr) if the only major stat difference is awareness and a player controls the QB?

Maybe in Madden 11 they can add the ability for the QB to attempt to pre-snap read the defense. Like using the R3 button pre-snap to attempt to see what the defense has called. Depending on awareness you see anywhere from 0-7 players' routes they are running and can adjust accordingly.

THAT would be awesome as when you bring a guy like Peyton Manning up to the line and check the defense, you could actually change your play/routes to beat their coverage. Just like real life....

EA Sports claims that if it's in the game, it's in the game. If they add this type of feature (and I'm sure it's possible), they would be a lot closer, imho.

8. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I like the pre-snap read idea. In real life we see QBs point out blitzers to adjust their protection...I want to do that in Madden.

9. Emmdotfrisk

[​IMG]

(y)

10. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Haha Winny, maybe if one of your top linebacker trait wanted was getting away with murder.... twice.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If he can get away from the police twice, just THINK what he can do to that pansy fullback or halfback trying to chip him on a blitz?

(y)