Madden 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Madden 2011

Are we going to somehow try and keep our teams we build here intact or are we going to start fresh with the new rosters and pick new teams for Madden 11??

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

same teams but probably new rosters UNLESS we can some how bring our teams/franchise with us. It's never been possible before so I am sure we will have to just restart.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Ah...you got asked too. lol

I gotta first make it through Madden 10 with these guys and not throw a controller through the television when I play a human opponent since I stink at playing human opponents.

Anyway...

On the subject of this, it would be quite hard to do I would think. I mean, people would progress faster than real life (probably) and I know I would be mad hanging onto players like Glenn Dorsey, building them up into the high 80s, and then having to start "over" again with a Glenn Dorsey that may only be a point or two better than this year (75 ovr).

I would think we would start from scratch again. That will make some people angry (myself included) but that's the only fair way to do it. However, we might need to consider a faster progression so that way we can encourage trading amongst teams a bit.

I know we all have lives, but perhaps we could consider a possible faster advance? We could still have a week maximum, but if all the games get done, I don't see why we couldn't advance faster than once a week. We could just modify the day it starts on. We have rules in place for communication, and most of the people are fairly active and on a lot. Worst case scenario, we still advance once a week.

Do you understand what I'm meaning by that? I can explain about the advancing more if necessary.

4. natedawg212000

no we will do a 'flex advance schedule' where if games are in we advance. Really thought guys i've played madden online for 10 years. When the summer gets here things slow down and when new game comes out everyones ready for a fresh start with current teams, it all works out.

5. Jeremy

I thought so..But I have talked to alot of people regarding trades.They keep throwing out the young vs old debate..Age is almost a non-factor in trading, when we will only get through proabably 2 or so seasons.

Just wanted to clear it up, as some owners are under the impression that were are keeping our teams and rosters intact past Madden 11 and so on..

Might need to make a post about this.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That's fine. I think people are just a little "gung-ho" for some football. I know I am. I am falling in LOVE with online franchise. I just want to play in more franchises, even though I will lose my butt off when humans are involved. So far in online, I'm 4-0 against CPU, and I'm 1-4 against humans.

I know this isn't the thread, but if anyone has any pointers for me (especially if you've played me, you know who you are, Sav lol), I'd definitely welcome them!

7. Jeremy

I will be off for a week starting wed. bobby..Lets definitely get some games in..I am not the best by any means but I have compiled a pretty good win\loss record with madden 10 and we could probably help each other out.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'll hop on when I can since I'm just waiting for next week to get here in Madden. Next chance would be probably Wednesday after work, about 3 pm central. If I hop on I'll shoot you a line via psn.

9. natedawg212000

well young vs old is still a debate because old players will decline and young players will get better. Just a 28 yr old is not 'old' and some 30 yr old palyers aren't 'old' cause of only 2-3 seasons.

10. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

LOL...im not new to Online Madden, but Im new to the console..and Madden 10 is the first new Madden game ive played since Madden 08 was released for the PC. I try to keep it simple, I try to run the ball to get first downs..and when I have to pass..i look for slants, crossing routes, square outs and passes to my RBs in the flats. I also utilize the screens, WR and RB..they seem to work much better in this version than in 08. And of course, i wouldnt be a true Raider if i didnt throw in a bomb at least 2 times a game...lol

On defense..i mix up my playcalling between zone, man, cover 2, zone blitzing, all out blitzes...just about everything you can do..i try it...lol....most of the time I get lucky and my players make a great play cause if you watch closely..the guy im controllin is more than likely tackling air...

Stick with running the ball...and short passes...i think the deep balls are hard to complete...but they are the funnest to try...lol

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah, I think I need to give a different playbook a try with the personnel I have. I always feel like I should try more deep balls then I do on offense though. I feel like the human opponent just creeps up more and more the longer the game goes. I do the short passing game - slants, curls, flats. I like to try to read the safeties and see what kind of coverage is coming up, see if they are doubling a receiver or TE. This game is the closest I've seen to being able to do that at the line, which I LOVE. Defense, I play whatever defense my personnel is suited for (which right now is CB man coverage, LB zones), but I've noticed that the tight ends on this game EAT my lunch. I always have played Dlinemen for rushing capability. Should I think about playing the MLB? I always felt like when I played MLB I hampered rather than helped our defense. At DLine it's simple - rush the quarterback.

Okay, I gave away all my secrets. Now gotta get new ones. lol