Madden 2012 And Player Teams

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by JoHud, May 3, 2011.

1. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

I know we still have several months, but was curious if everyone is planning to stick to the teams they have.

I like being the Raiders, but since Rush wont give me my Cowboys, I wouldn't mind switching(in Madden 2012) to balance out the divisions. I figured Hitchhiker and sub will stick with the Chiefs and Denver.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

As I have mentioned in the past - all current TMFLers will have first crack at their own teams and open teams.

So JoHud if you want to switch, as long as the team is open you probably have a very, very good chance of getting that team. The only thing to remember with open teams is that if another current TMFLer wants that team I have to decide who actually deserves to get the team and why. That pretty much boils down to seniority, activity, whether or not you're a premier member on Tradition and pretty much how much I like you (as awful as that sounds,) but I have to break "ties" somehow.

Only after all the current TMFLers have settled on teams will we open up the league for outsiders. We just picked up another Browns owner, so he will be included in the TMFLer bunch when Madden 12 drops IF he sticks around with us that long.

I think the real question is whether or not we want to continue to promote the league and grow or stick with a 2/3 team per division setup. I don't know about you guys but I like a CPU "break" every now and then, lol.

3. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

I think aiming for 3 per division is good, but hated the fact that a CPU team made the playoffs last year. Also was not sure how many people are on the teams they love. I know you, Rush and Subkontractor are on your favorite teams, but wasn't sure who else was.

4. Keller

I agree 3 per division is a nice balance - maybe have the occasional 4 team division but not many.

Stryder in Miami, Nutter when he comes back is a Patriot, Jmustang in Houston, SatansAngel and the Titans. In the NFC Seachicken and his Hawks, Antcap with the Falcons, Capp34 now with his Saints, Panther Express and his Panthers, Khan and his Bears. All of them are playing with their favorite teams which is nice.

I may be missing one here or there but a good majority of people have their top teams. I think CWT is actually a Vikings fan, Xlence is a Seahawks fan, you the Cowboys. The unknowns for me are BBJ with his 9ers, Sibellius and his Cardinals, Fuzzy and the Ravens, score and the Broncos.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I am a diehard Panthers fan, so if I could get them for Madden 12, that'd be awesome. I live in Charlotte.

6. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Im sticking with the Saints they are my favorite team, that's why I switched this season so I would not have to rock bottom another user for picking them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

My thought is since I can't play the Cowboys, I am probably a little more flexable in who I play. The AFC west has been rock solid with active players, but it seems like I could add some stability to another division. I dont want to play just any team haha, but just thinking ahead, way ahead haha. I certainly don't want to switch till madden 2012.

8. Keller

That you would have to take up with Panther Express.

Current owners have dibs for their team heading into Madden 12. If you wanna fight him for it - knock urself out (y)

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I am actually a cowboys fan and was the cowboys owner in the original TMFL before the merger. Keller asked me if it would be ok if i switched to a different team, because he had some head case that would cause huge problems if he didn't get the cowboys and i switched to the niners. real story: keller asked me to switch for rush and i was totally sucking ass on AM with the cowboys and couldn't stand seeing my team lose both in real life and on madden so for my sanity i switched to the niners who i didn't care if they won or loss.

10. Keller

Rush won't play without his Cowboys - thats why I coerced you to switch which I deeply appreciate and I'm sure Rush does as well.

11. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I will most definitely want to stay with the Falcons...

Kinda excited to see Capp34 want to stay with the Saints, and a fight for the Panthers....

That will at least make for a guaranteed 3 teams in our division for some time...

I am sure we will be able to get a Bucs owner this year as they will be given some nice ratings.

For one, the makers of Madden (EA Tiburon) hail in a town called Maitland, Florida which is about 10 minutes north of my hometown Orlando( Bucs Country) and they tend to over do their ratings.

Freeman, Blount(99 trucking), Williams, Benn, and Winslow on offense. Besides Winslow all are less than 3 year veterans.

Two DE this year in Round 1 and 2 to combine with 2 DT last year in round 1 and 2 should make for a nice front 4.
    A good LB crew headlined by Ruud.

Secondary needs some work if they indeed release Talib, but definitely a good young base to build a franchise around.

12. score23

score23 Walk On

huge broncos fan so I'm going to stick my broncos

13. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Boo. I've been here longer, and I would gladly have taken them over if they were available, but that clemson guy had them.

14. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I want to be the Jets so I can play Keller twice a year

15. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

Yea Rush is a crazy man. In madden 2010 he gave me scandrick (I live in the Boise Area!) to let him have the Cowboys. I think I could have gotten more!

Not sure why he wont play with the Cowboys, hell I may take the Eagles next season just to pay him back twice a year for being greedy :).

16. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Oh that would be tough...Rush, Johud and myself in the same Division

17. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Johud can work those speed WRs...Eagles have two of the best. So, I'm on the fence about Betz coming back to my league in M12. In both M10 and M11, he ducked out early and we played through 3 more seasons after he left....I need guys for the long haul

18. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

@XLenceofXQtion are you planning on sticking with the Giants? Figured you would try and make a move for your hawks.

Keller would love me moving to the NFC, being the last player that has defeated him.... :)

If I beat Rush next week, I may be ready for the pod cast! Its a huge week for me. I worked a deal and got a couple of my pokers tables in a full length movie being shot here in Boise, and the Premier is tomorrow night! The wife and I were able to get on as extras as well. I am pretty stoked!

19. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Thats sweet! Whats the Movie?

I don't like to use the same team in more than one OF ... I will use Seahawks in mine.

20. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

21. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

@xlenceofqtion

holy crap, so they called that falcons cowboys game the game of the week? that is so cool!

22. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

lol, they sure did....Have you realized that I had this site under the Stats/Scores link on my site? I don't think many people do haha.

23. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Plus I ain't giving up the 'Hawks XD

24. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

I'm keepin my Cards as long as BBJ and Chicken are stickin around in the NFC west