Madden 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by derek, Aug 22, 2011.

1. derek

derek Walk On

This may not be the appropriate place to post this but I didnt know where else to do it.

Anyway, is anybody going to be buying Madden 2012? I have read there will be now improvements to online franchise but the gameplay is better like ncaa. There is talk of a franchise starting at my other OD site but players will be needed. Im just throwing that out there for anyonethats interested.

2. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

They will also have several leagues here as well. I probably won't. Just not real happy about NCAA right now.

3. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

I'm in derek. Was hoping twist was in to. Would like to play in a franchise that advances ever 48 hours. What cha upset at NCAA for twist?

4. QBKILLAR

I think alpha is kicking around buying madden also.

5. derek

derek Walk On

It looks like there are around 8 guys interested in starting a franchise over on my other OD site. Were you guys thinking of starting one here or do you want to join the one over there? You can check out the site and see whats what. http://www.bcschampions.net/.
    You'll probably have to register to see the chat box. Ill let em know you guys may be interested in joining. Its a stand-up group of guys just like you guys are and its all about sim play and sportsmanship.

6. Twister18

hmmm. well, having to restart a dynasty from scratch, just the lil things.

7. QBKILLAR

I'm def interested ddrou. How often will they advance. And I'm a Tennesse fan but could roll with anyone except the raider/cowboys.

8. QBKILLAR

I almost think we should wait until after the patch to continue any further over here too. I'm like you I just dont like waisting my time.

9. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

10. derek

derek Walk On

I agree. One of the other ODs Im in has messed up the 2nd week. That season is all but ruined because people that won are showing losses and vice versa. It seems like a waste to continue other than just for the fun of it which is fine with me too.
    http://www.pastapadre.com/category/football/ncaa-football
    This is what Ive read about the patch and I believe I read that ur dyn will be fixed by the patch as long as its still in the 1st season. I may be wrong but I don't feel like reading the entire article again. lol.

11. derek

derek Walk On

Ok I was bored here at work so I DID read the article again. Here is the quote:

If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.

Maybe it just appleis to "tendencies" but imo I would rather everything be fixed. Just an fyi

12. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

No, I won't be buying madden after this NCAA debacle. Every single dynasty I am in, as soon as we hit season 2, some kind of error happens and the dynasty is lost. We are able to create it where we were from a saved file but we lose all our hard earned prestige. Since most of mine are coordinator dynasties, this is a big deal because it means I probably won't make it to head coach until year 4 now. It also hurts recruiting.

I almost feel like they should be selling Madden for $20 or even giving it out for free to people who bought NCAA as a "We're sorry for brutally messing up the programming in NCAA." However, since its EA, I'm quite surprised they aren't charging us for the patch.

I give the new game play props for the most part except when it comes to long balls. All season, I'll be playing the deepest zone possible with zone coverage conservative and the WR will run straight past my safety and the QB will throw a perfect throw every single time for a TD. However, on the rare occasions I get a guy open down field, my QB either throws it too far so he can't get to it or under throws the living crap out of it so the CB who was smoked by 15 yards can catch up and pick it off. This happens every single game on all 3 accounts. Other than the long ball, the game play I think is great. However, all the glitches and errors completely ruin the experience. When you're excited to get to a new season and then the dynasty just disappears, its a real buzz kill. Or, you're playing a tough team and its 2nd and 1 and they drop back and immediately throw it away (without moving out of the pocket) because you're about to sack them and do not get intentional grounding, that's pretty upsetting. When you play a national championship like Abom and Ddrou play and it just says transfer failed so the true winner won't necessarily win, that's frustrating. Then you see EA is working on a package you have to buy to get a game a couple days early (basically finding more ways to make money) instead of getting the damn patch out or giving us some money back for all the issues, that's also quite frustrating.

I think the thing that gets me the most is that they had a release day patch to fix some of the glitches. If they fixed some of the glitches and STILL have this many, what the hell was the game like before it came out? hahaha I bet you'd be playing and Godzilla would glitch onto the field to sack you on 3rd down.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Twister18

Nice post alfa

14. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Low and behold, I'm trying to advance us to our off season of season 2 and have been getting transfer failed since last night and it won't let me advance it no matter what I do. It goes through the whole cycle and after the last part of step 4, it says transfer failed, dynasty is not available at the moment. Try again later. Love dealing with this crap all the time.

15. derek

derek Walk On

We may as well just wait for this patch to come out. This has gotten ridiculous. We should get a refund. Or like you said Alfa they should just give us madden for free

16. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I would also like to wait. Don't really want to have to start over from a saved file, and have everything I've done at the school be erased.

17. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Would have been an okay idea to wait if we had any idea when the patch is due but the only date I could even find was September 6th and I'm not sitting around for 2 weeks.

18. derek

derek Walk On

I thought it was expected the end of August?

19. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

It was.....but we also expected a game that worked.

20. derek

derek Walk On

Good point. I called EA support and the guy I talked to was not aware of any patch. He went on to say that didnt mean there wasn't one but they did have that information. He commented on how he loved the game and he was having a lot of issues on his PS3.
    This has to be the worst its been at least that I can remember.

21. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah, I can't remember a more error ridden game, not just in EA history but all of gaming history. I have never played a game with so many glitches and errors and quite serious ones some times too. I can handle the glitch where the QB throws it away behind center and its not a penalty....That's okay. I can handle the freezing occasionally. However, having every single dynasty freeze and have to be restarted after season 1, that is not something I can deal with.

22. derek

derek Walk On