Madden 25 - CoachGlass

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Shaun Mason, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

COACH GLASS for MADDEN NFL 25

Product Description
    The CoachGlass experience for Madden NFL 25, within SmartGlass for Xbox One, is a powerful new tool on smartphones and tablets which allows you to see your opponent’s offensive tendencies, biggest weapons, play history and more as the game unfolds; all while suggesting defensive plays that are likely to boost your odds of success. CoachGlass for Madden NFL 25 is like having a defensive coordinator right by your side.

Features
    Assisted Defense Playcalling – As soon as your opponent selects his offensive formation CoachGlass will provide you with three separate recommended plays based on either personnel or tendencies, across all game modes (except Practice). These recommendations are pulled from tens of thousands of online games, and are tailored around which specific defensive formations and plays tend to have the best success against certain offensive formations and tendencies. Once you’ve called your play, CoachGlass lists out all the offense’s biggest threats so you know where to put your primary focus. This data is updated throughout the game so you always have the most pertinent information right at your fingertips.

Track Tendencies – CoachGlass allows you to keep track of your opponent’s tendencies in every Personnel Group combination, then plan your defense around taking them out of their comfort zone. Does the other team tend to throw short to the right side on second and long? Use CoachGlass to call a play that specifically defends that area of the field, and you’ll likely put your opponent in a third down hole.

Instant Recall – CoachGlass remembers the last 64 plays called during the game and provides an in-depth look at what’s worked and what hasn’t. Search through previous plays to decipher trends, and filter by down, personnel and more in order to try and get a bead on exactly what your opponent is going to do next.

Some screens:

CoachGlass_3.png CoachGlass_6.png CoachGlass_12.png CoachGlass_13.png CoachGlass_1.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

While I love the impact/depth of this.... I question how you can really use this during a game. I mean, what do you have on the timer once the offense picks a play... between 5-10 seconds I believe right? Is that really enough time to make a good decision with this?

Regardless, very, very cool stuff.

What all platforms can we use it on? I assume all mobile platforms but if I have a laptop can I just set it next to me while I'm playing and use it there? I assume so.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Also, this works against the CPU right so I could use this, for example, in my own solo/offline games?

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Well unless the AI is improved I got you covered already vs the CPU

1st down= draw
    2nd down= crappy pass play
    3rd down= draw or screen

• Like Like x 1
  5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I suppose in an offline game you could pause and review this each time....making the game last 3 hours.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

This is very cool. I like smartglass now just with the simple feature of being able to use it as a remote for movies. Also, being an improvement over various apps where you can send a messages via Xbox live instead of using the clunky chat pad.

8. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Looking forward to testing the Beta

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Any device that has SmartGlass by Xbox

10. Emmdotfrisk

Yes it works in any game mode except practice.

11. Papa Perry

Emmdotfrisk

Is this just gonna be for the defense? Also, I see a lot of potential for other things that can be implemented. Was there a good bit of stuff that didn't make it in that the development team wanted to? I know you can't elaborate as to what, just curious to see how much they're wanting to invest into it.

12. Emmdotfrisk

It works on offense and defense, but it is really best used on defense.

Basically when you are on offense, you can see tendencies, as well as what the defense might be calling to stop your play. Probably the most useful thing you will see when you are on offense is the threat and region on the field window, which will show who is your hot target in a specific formation and what areas of the field you are most successful in.

There definitely is a lot of potential and is something we would like to see fans use as a way to not only play smarter, but learn the inner workings of football and football strategy.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Papa Perry

That's great to hear. So the way it is for this year, information comes one way. In the following years do you see a chance of handling things such as depth charts, formation subs, and maybe even the return of coverage assignments where you can assign a particular defensive player to cover a particular offensive player? I know you can do this all in game or at the pause menu but it would help the flow of the game if we could eventually just pull out our tablet or smart phone and do all of that between plays.

14. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    are there a list of these devices?

Nevermind i found it

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  15. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

This is pretty sick. I'm hoping this is a preview of what Smartglass will really be able to do on next gen across other titles as well.

16. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Very, very cool. Thanks for elaborating my dude.

17. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Neat.

Wouldn't there be delay b/w the game and the smartglass app though?

• Like Like x 1
  18. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Great stuff. Looking forward to using this. Emmdotfrisk will the CPU team being using this type of info under the hood to make play calls?

19. Papa Perry

I wouldn't think so. The times I've used the smartglass app at all it's been very responsive.

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

This is broken... Correct?